Cold In July

Matt5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Awesome! I'll definitely watch it when it airs here in Australia. I think we're 3 weeks behind.

On second thought, maybe I'll just download it.

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I just watched Cold in July on Friday, it was an amazing movie, DJ was awesome! So was Michael C Hall.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I just watched Cold in July on Friday, it was an amazing movie, DJ was awesome! So was Michael C Hall.  :thumbsup:

Yes loved Don in "Cold in July" - I see the blu ray /dvd is coming October  :D

I've been waiting for this movie, but I don't see it advertised yet.  :evil:

Dvd / Blu Ray out in October ! One movie Im buying for sure  :D  :fireworks:  :radio:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this last weekend, and I really liked it.  Don was fantastic, his character was classic!  Sam Shepard was also extremely good.  I really loved the suspenseful beginning of the movie...made you sit on the edge of your seat!   :wuerg:

Bring on the next movie Don...... :D

COLD_QUAD4-copy-600x450_zps111e68f3.jpg

I love this movie its one roller coaster ride very intense and Don does a good job portraying sexy Jim bob a terrific movie worth to see.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just watched this off Showtime. Was glad I already knew he didn't come in until about an hour into the movie ... but it's a major role once he does show up. gets a great "iconic" intro, too. Blaring music, close up of his character's license plate, focus on his legs and feet as he walks through a doorway then ... big reveal ... it's Don Frickin' Johnson! Great, heroic character, too, with some pithy dialog and a great fight scene. He looks in great physical shape. Made me believe he could step back into the role of an age-appropriate Crockett no problem. He steals every scene he's in. I hope, hope, hope it leads to more work. 

at one point, I was squealing like a schoolgirl I was enjoying the performance so much, as Mrs. Cometh looked at me from the couch and rolled her eyes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got this on DVD last friday and found it to be a very well made action thriller and while it was not a full blown masterpiece it sure were great seeing Don being Mr. cool and doing some serious ass kicking.

Enjoyed the chilling John Carpenter/Tangerine Dream like soundtrack too, and would definitely say it was one very few highlights to come out of the cinemas in 2014 and after seeing Don in Machete and Django Unchained I hope it will be more badass roles for him in the near future.

I give it a: 

7/10