Arnold Schwarzenegger

ArtieRollins

Eingefügtes Bild

Veni, vidi, vici.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

20 years ago Arnold Schwarzenegger still was one of the biggest movie stars around even though some nasty critics had tried to write him off after the "failure" of The Last Action Hero (1993) but in his heyday he did seem to have the midas touch were everything he did turned out to become a big success.

Arnold is still a favorite of mine and I watch Commando, The Terminator, Total Recall, hell even Twins and Hercules In New York 2-3 times every year and most of his stuff is always great entertaining and I can think of none other action star who has dominated so much in a short time as the big austrian did in the mid 80s and early 90s.

Sadly his new films as with most of Sly's new stuff is not very much to cheer about, but I hope maybe Maggie (2014) could turn out be a positive surprise.

Here's my top 10 list of Arnold films:

01. Commando (1985)

02. The Terminator (1984)

03. Predator (1987)

04. Total Recall (1990)

05. The Last Action Hero (1993)

06. Conan The Barbarian (1982)

07. The Running Man (1987)

08. T2: Judgment Day (1991)

09. Raw Deal (1986)

10. Kindergarten Cop (1990)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

68e1bb3d-6b54-42b2-8b60-553513b9dbe6_zps

There has been very little said about his upcoming role in the film Maggie (2015), as those who have already written it off as yet another stupid zombie action film Vs. Arnold, but I think they will be in for a surprise, as it seems like Maggie is more of drama and not so much about explosions and funny one-liners, as Arnold plays the troubled father who must try to cope with the fact that his beloved daughter is slowly transforming into a zombie.

Could this be Arnold's comeback, and if so, will he be able to get more "serious" roles in the future?

b8822b81-4b73-4636-b6c3-9903b9dfdc59_zps

Well a more mature roll would suit him better in this stage of life, as we'll always have the early stuff

I'm Detective John Kimble, Click-Click, and I love my car lol

Arnold is my one of the most favorite actors.when I was a kid never missed any of his movies,even now time to time I put on some of his movies on the DVD player and enjoy the evening with my favorite movies like :
Predator 
Commando 
Conan Barbarian
Running Man 
Red Heat 
Raw Deal 
The Last Action Hero 
Terminator (I,II)
Total Recall 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite actors too.

I have to say, beeing a bodybuilder, my favourite movie with him is his early 70's "Pumping Iron" when he was just a sportsman and mr olympia.

Inspiration for every guy who is working out hard.

Saw his new Movie "Last stand" one week ago...how old is this guy?!? In his late 60's?

He is in a great shape!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

actually speaking of pumping iron....

"You lack discipline!"

Fifty Shades of Schwarzenegger  :) 

oh god lol all it was missing was the line I'm going to take my fist and ram it down your throat lol

actually speaking of the pumping iron movie, these guys did a review of it a few months ago, and they have some good fun incites into it.

• Like 1

Imagine Arnie in The Walking Dead or something other?  :)

I would love to see him in this movie. :cool:

Arnie is too badass for The Walking Dead! :)

He would have fitted perfectly at Miami Vice! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Arnie is too badass for The Walking Dead! :)

Oh yes, imagine him in an episode of Season 2 or 3 ? he would of been perfect  :cool:

Arnold would certainly have no trouble with adapting to the fashion and visual style of Miami Vice in the 80s.  :)

The Running Man (1987)

RM-06-Shirt_zpsq4s0itvb.jpg

Amber: I'm warning you, I get sick. Air sick, car sick. I'm gonna throw up all over you.

Richards: Go ahead. Won't show on this shirt.

Edited by ArtieRollins
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Had a mini-Arnold-marathon along with my brother who also is a huge Arnold fan, this weekend, watched Predator (1987), The Terminator (1984), Raw Deal (1986) and closed it off with Commando (1985). It is sad to think it is almost 22 years since his last great movie, True Lies (1994), after that I can only think of The 6th Day as within the same reach. I really do wish James Cameron would just skip the whole CGI crapfest that is Avatar and do another action film with Arnie. Not another The Terminator or Conan, but do a True Lies 2 with Jamie Lee Curtis, Bill Paxton, hell bring on Tom Arnold too, but please, no more Terminator, and hopefully no sequal to Twins with Eddie Murphy. 

Anyway here are some more classic Arnold momets:

Gotta love Paxton' s sleazy laugh at the end, gets met every time :D

"Hey, I'm not a cop. I'm a player"

Great scene from one of his most underrated 80s flicks, Raw Deal. A great mix of comedy, action (lots of action) and some more serious stuff, especially the end scene, which has to be one of the most moving scenes in any of his films. Sadly youtube have removed almost every clip from the film.

Ya Arnold definitely has the movie and TV kill record.  And there's more to come.

Edited by miamijimf

The guys from Saturday night live that did "We will Puuuuump YOU UP!!!" had a completed script written for a full length movie with Arnold to play a pivotal role, but because of the failure of "Last Action Hero" Arnold declined the offer and the movie never got made.

Arnold said he cannot do another movie playing "HIMSELF" ever again. He thought he was jinxed!

I heard an interview with the writer of the movie on the Stern Show last week.(sorry forgot his name) Hans and Franz were real funny characters and Arnold would have fit right into the humour plot.

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

Idk the writer's name, but I def remember Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon. I didn't know all this about the movie pitch, though. Thanks for the info! Would have been classic!