Arnold Schwarzenegger

ArtieRollins

I heard some rumors,they may still be just rumors and never happen but the title had come up for the movie in the future including Arnold is "Conan:The Legend" if its happening for real dear cinema take my money! :D

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 7:04 PM, Christian said:

Arnie is too badass for The Walking Dead! :)

He would have fitted perfectly at Miami Vice! :thumbsup:

This weekend I recorded & watched "Kindergarten Cop" & now I see this thread on Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I kept thinking how he looked like Crockett in Miami Vice with the sun glasses & hair style. :cool:

The movie is very funny, but Arnold is also very cool....so I agree with you Christian....he would have been perfect in a MV episode. :done:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

This weekend I recorded & watched "Kindergarten Cop" & now I see this thread on Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I kept thinking how he looked like Crockett in Miami Vice with the sun glasses & hair style. :cool:

The movie is very funny, but Arnold is also very cool....so I agree with you Christian....he would have been perfect in a MV episode. :done:

I agree - great movie - yes in that movie didnt he have the whole Reb from "Viking Bikers From Hell " vibe / look:D:D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Victor said:

I heard some rumors,they may still be just rumors and never happen but the title had come up for the movie in the future including Arnold is "Conan:The Legend" if its happening for real dear cinema take my money! :D

For the past few years according to his IMDb site, titles like Triplets and The Legend of Conan has been announced for some time, still I have very low expectations as his last big effort with Terminator Genisys, ended up as a horror show and hopefully put the final nail in the coffin for the Terminator series. But Shane Black is doing a new Predator film and Arnie has been linked up for a return as Dutch, so maybe it is not over for a worthy Conan sequel.

50 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

It seems like Arnold always had a natural talent when it comes to comedy. Sure a lot of it was probably unintentional but I think he took a lot of critics by surprise with films like Twins (1988) and Kindergarten Cop, blending in comedy, with a bit of drama but never too much so it would be all over the place. Kindergarten starts up like almost an typical Arnold bad ass action film, but turns into a very well made family comedy that could easily have turned into a disaster, like some of Sly Stallones or Bruce Willis comedy efforts but it didn't. I think I read somewhere that Arnold was influenced by Sean Connery and Roger Moore in their James Bond days as an infuence on how to bring in comedy in a action movie, and make it work. And it sure did to almost perfection as with titles like Commando (1985) and Total Recall (1990), where he delivers more memorable quotes and one-liners than killing of bad guys. I actually have to think hard about memorable quotes by other big action stars like Sly or Bruce Willis, but Arnold have so many, that I probably could spend some time trying to come up with a top 50 or top 100 list of his best ones.

• Like 1

If you have Sirius XM just listen to the Stern show. It should be on repeat rotation this week.

Apparently this guy wrote all kinds of stuff for SNL as well as many comedians and some late night jokes as well.

The movie sounded awesome and it's too bad it is just collecting dust on some shelf.

To be or not to be ... not to be.

Obligatory for any Arnold thread. My personal favorite film of his is probably Predator as it's an eighties quote-fest, has a good pace, great cast and interesting concept (first half is a full-on commando raid film, the second is a survival of the fittest horror movie). Although Last Action Hero does have some of my favorite Arnold moments like the above (which should exist as a real movie to take the mantle of best Shakespeare film ever) and this one.

• Like 2

The Terminator is Arnold's greatest film for me. It's one of the best films ever made and a near perfect film. I like how the original's low budget adds to the dark and gritty tone. Terminator 2 is gargantuan budget and a huge special effects/action bonanza. It doesn't have the tension, suspense or great story of the original. Although it does have some great sequences, such as the chase scene with the truck. 

I like some of Arnold's '80s. The budgets got too big with his '90s films. I really like Commando and I like Raw Deal too. Cool seeing Paul Shenar and Robert Davi in that.
Red Heat is a weak one though, despite a great cast.

All his comedies were sh!t though. And Batman and Robin is best forgotten

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:18 AM, agent 47 said:

To be or not to be ... not to be.

Obligatory for any Arnold thread. My personal favorite film of his is probably Predator as it's an eighties quote-fest, has a good pace, great cast and interesting concept (first half is a full-on commando raid film, the second is a survival of the fittest horror movie). Although Last Action Hero does have some of my favorite Arnold moments like the above (which should exist as a real movie to take the mantle of best Shakespeare film ever) and this one.

I like the way Arnold gave the guy some property. Really funny!  :D :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

I like the way Arnold gave the guy some property. Really funny!  :D :D

Great post thanks for sharing Tony !!:D:D:fireworks::fireworks::dance2::dance2:

• Like 1

On 24.6.2016 at 1:31 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

The Terminator is Arnold's greatest film for me. It's one of the best films ever made and a near perfect film. I like how the original's low budget adds to the dark and gritty tone.

Cameron's best movie for sure, even though Aliens (1986) comes pretty close.

It's a damn shame we probably never gets to see a future war film similar to the clips shown in the first film and second. But then again, it would probably never be able to live up to the expectations, as they served the film very well providing a horrible, nightmarish picture of a possible future for the mankind, and a 2 hour film in total darkness, with killing machines, laser beams etc, (who am I trying to kid, I'd love to see it, if it was made 20-25 years ago by either Jim Cameron or Ridley Scott).

Anyway, the clip above is just one of many which proves that you don't need to spend around 300-400 billions to create an original and unforgettable scene/movie. 

The build up around 2:09-3:28 along with the music slowing down, and the sounds of metallic heartbeat - right before all hell breaks lose, are done to perfection. A moment filled with so much tense and emotion and no words are uttered.  

Edited by ArtieRollins

• 1 month later...

Been a huge Terminator and Arnold fan myself since I was a kid, but I also agree that his comedies wasn't up to par with his action movies.

However this Terminator/Jesus Parody by Mad Tv always cracks me up!:D

• Like 2

On 11.8.2016 at 9:53 PM, Philippe said:

Mad Tv always cracks me up!

I miss the old Mad TV. They always did an excellent job when it came to big names like Arnold, Steven Seagal and Bobby D (all played by Will Sasso):

I fear the big guy eventually will end up delivering crappy DTV movies, (like other former action stars of the 80s and 90s, such as Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage, Seagal, Van Damme, Lundgren, Wesley Snipes etc). His latest movie, 478 has been in "post-production" for over 6-7 months or more and still no teaser or new pictures, but I guess it can only go upwards, after titles such as Terminator: Genisys and Sabotage.

• Like 1

commando121_zpss170bv9r.jpg

A couple of "behind the movie" mini-documentaries from one of Arnolds most entertaining and fun movies, Commando (1985). where Rae Dawn Chong (Cindy) is still a babe, and she sure seems to have great time doing the "making of" interviews:

• Like 1