Movies you have seen recently

ArtieRollins

Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (1964)

With a new Godzilla movie coming soon to the U.S. a channel called Comet TV is showing some of the classic Godzilla movies this month (plus I got the original Japanese cut of Godzilla 1985 on Blu-ray coming in the mail next week). This is one of the seminal films in the series and I think it was the first one to truly go into goofy and bug-nutty territory with alien subplots and Godzilla more a hero than menace. The alien subplot being a princess who is on her way to Japan is possessed by a Martian who use her to warn Earthlings that Ghidorah is coming to destroy them all, problem is that there's a price on said princess' head and four assassins have followed her to Japan after an unsuccessful attempt to blow her up on the flight over (the princess BTW is played by future You Only Live Twice Bond girl Akiko Wakabayashi). Funny this is the first time since I watched these when I was much younger and never noticed a lot of the actors in these early Godzilla films played different characters in previous and future Godzilla films. For instance Akira Kurosawa regular Takashi Shimura played Dr. Yamane in the first film and here he is back as another doctor and Akihiko Hirata who played Dr. Serizawa in the first film was in this and pretty much all the 1960's and 1970's Godzilla movies as different characters both good and bad. Of course the real draw is the monster battles this time starting off with the hilarious first fight between Godzilla and the flying monster Rodan which ends when Mothra in Caterpillar form sprays them both with stringy silk. When Rodan gets sprayed Godzilla literally sits down for a belly laugh which I actually show you in the clip below complete with James Rolfe (The Angry Video Game Nerd) commentary. The fight between them and Ghidorah was solid although the finale felt a bit rushed but it might just be the print Comet was showing. Overall this is one of the classics and deserves a full 10/10 on the Godzilla scale.

Invasion of the Astro-Monster aka. Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1965)

A fairly weak follow up to the previous film. Two astronauts encounter an alien race called the Xiliens on Planet X who are under attack from what they call "Monster Zero" who turns out be King Ghidorah. The aliens promise to give Earth the secret to a cure that can rid the world of every disease in exchange for Godzilla and Rodan to fight the monster. After taking them monsters of course the recording supposedly containing the secret turns out be an ultimatum and not a cure, the ultimatum being to surrender to the aliens or face total destruction. Sadly the aliens vs. Earth plotpoint just dragged the film down as a large chunk of the second half is just scientists trying to decide what to do with not a whole lot happening especially involving monsters. The fight on Planet X has the infamous Godzilla victory dance posted below and the final fight where Godzilla and Rodan team up to fight Ghidorah was fun although the film ends pretty much on a cliffhanger of sorts. Overall the fight scenes still rank this at a 7 on the Godzilla scale but if they focused a bit more monster mashing instead of the alien stuff this would rate higher.

Adorable.

• Like 1

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

I don't know why I keep torturing myself by sitting through garbage like these films, but as I wrote in my little review of Underwold, I am simple minded guy, and if it weren't for the stunning Kate Beckinsale, I would have turned it off within a few minutes or less.

Kate, again walks around in her tight, sexy spandex suit, show off her lovely mouth, that is always halfway open (almost the entire film) not sure what her dentist would say about that, but it looks good, I guess. But then again, we are not talking high class cinema art here, this is bottom of the barrel made for the fans of CGI/Video Games, who enjoyed the utter horrible Matrix sequels, and wanted it mixed with the Bloodrayne/Max Payne games in style and "substance".

I give the film a far too generous 4/10, but only because of Kate. 

• Like 1

If any of you are into documentaries, may I suggest "Citizen Four"

I finished it last night and just shook my head in disgust with the American Government and their blatant deceit on the populous.

Going to see "Snowden" at the movie theatre tonight...it's opening night!

• Like 1

2 Days in the Valley (1996) by John Herzfeld

A film that tells the story around the life of 10 people, most of them strangers, but all that will change, as they become tangled up in a mystery of violence sex and tragedies within the next 48 hours, but at the end of the day, it is just another day in the Valley.

2 Days in the Valley is one of those films that I come across on late night cable and decided to give it a chance and ended up enjoying it throughout. 

Sure, it is far from perfect, but I do think it does deserves better than being dismissed as nothing more than just another Tarantino/Pulp Fiction "rip-off" (but then again, Tarantino is of course, Mr. originality himself), or remembered only for the infamous catfight between Theron and Teri Hatcher.

It is at times a very well made little action-comedy film, that feature an impressive cast, with names such as Danny Aiello, James Spader, Jeff Daniels, Glenne Headly, Eric Stoltz and a 21 year old Charlize Theron in one of her earliest roles. 

Spader and Theron deliver one hell of a job in what has to be one of the most psychopatic and evil love couples of the 90s, and of course you have the likeable Danny Aiello as the outdated and clumsy hitman, who at times is a riot. But out of all the great characters, it is Jeff Daniels who impressed me the most, as an tired and not too friendly police detective who seem to be very close to the edge, throughout the film. 

Sadly out of all the interesting characters, Daniels is the one that suffers most, in the end, as it seems like the director just gave up and cut him out, right before the final conclusion. 

Anyway, the film is beautiful shot, with many fine scenes of L.A. both at daytime and night, and I guess it could be considered to be a neo-noir/comedy. 

6,5/10

• Like 1

38e29ad9-203c-4283-a284-b6505de8821d_zps

Best Seller (1987) by John Flynn

Dennis Meechum (Brian Dennehy) a former police detective who now spends most of his retirement days as a successful crime writer, but instead of enjoying it, his main concern is that he have absolutely no new material for his supposedly big comeback. But unexpected help suddenly appears when a former hitman only known as Cleve (James Woods), offers him a much needed, helping hand, as he got some truly great material for Meechum's upcoming novel. Cleve is every dirty, corrupt politician, gangster and crooked cops biggest nightmare. He knows all about what goes on in the darker side of the glamorous world, and all their dirty little secrets, and with this kind of juicy information, the two of them is sure to have another Best Seller on their hands, but one that comes with a very high prize, their life.

Another great example of a "hidden" midnight cable gem, and one I am very happy I sat through.

I guess it almost within buddy cop territory, were Brian Dennehy (as usual) plays the grumpy former veteran cop but with a big heart, and of course you have James Woods in one of his finest roles, as the sadistic, unpredictable but still very likeable hitman, Cleve.

The two is a great team to watch and it seems like you can almost put anyone along side Dennehy and it becomes magic. The only "problem" I have with the film is that it at times seems a little too rushed, especially towards the end, but that does not take away the fact that Best Seller is a very well written and clever little crime/triller, and one I could watch over and over again.

7,5/10

Edited by ArtieRollins
  • Like 1

I like Best Seller too. Really excellent with James and Brian both on top form in roles that really show their strengths as actors. The late great Paul Shenar is in there too and it was always a pleasure to see him. Excellent script, pace, acting make a solid and enjoyable film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtieRollins said:

Dennis Meechum (Brian Dennehy) a former police detective who now spends most of his retirement days as a successful crime writer, but instead of enjoying it, his main concern is that he have absolutely no new material for his supposedly big comeback. But unexpected help suddenly appears when a former hitman only known as Cleve (James Woods), offers him a much needed, helping hand, as he got some truly great material for Meechum's upcoming novel. Cleve is every dirty, corrupt politician, gangster and crooked cops biggest nightmare. He knows all about what goes on in the darker side of the glamorous world, and all their dirty little secrets, and with this kind of juicy information, the two of them is sure to have another Best Seller on their hands, but one that comes with a very high prize, their life.

Another great example of a "hidden" midnight cable gem, and one I am very happy I sat through.

I guess it almost within buddy cop territory, were Brian Dennehy (as usual) plays the grumpy former veteran cop but with a big heart, and of course you have James Woods in one of his finest roles, as the sadistic, unpredictable but still very likeable hitman, Cleve.

The two is a great team to watch and it seems like you can almost put anyone along side Dennehy and it becomes magic. The only "problem" I have with the film is that it at times seems a little too rushed, especially towards the end, but that does not take away the fact that Best Seller is a very well written and clever little crime/triller, and one I could watch over and over again.

7,5/10

I really enjoy Brian Dennehy's work .

The Night of the Following Day (1968) by Hubert Cornfield & Richard Boone

Another one of those films that completely fooled me by the look of the scandinavian DVD cover, and it sure made it out to be this clever, unpredictable suspense thriller, some reviews even compared it to Straw Dogs (1971) but sadly, it turned out to be just another mediocre and easily forgettable 90 minutes of film.

The film features a good cast along with heavies such as Marlon Brando and Richard Boone, and the opening is not all bad, but beside maybe some beautiful locations and outdoor shoots, it never takes off. Instead it gets very slow, along with a horrible soundtrack and it feels like it goes absolutely nowhere.

Sure it contains some decent scenes here and there, but at the same time, some of the lesser ones comes off as pure amateur hour, much thanks to the lazy dialog. I mean, how many times does Brando have to say the line: "Hey Man", or just "Man" ? I counted at least 10 of them, or maybe there were more, and that was just within a few minutes. 

All in all, if it had been maybe 10-15 minutes longer, and even slower, it would be a 4/10, but instead I give it a very nice:

5/10

Edited by ArtieRollins

On 9/18/2016 at 1:00 PM, ArtieRollins said:

7,5/10

I like the look of this one !

Best Seller is a very solid and sadly lesser-known film with a prime performance from James Woods. I agree though that the film felt rushed as it would have benefited from at least another twenty or so minutes of scenes to flesh out the plot more. 

Blood Simple (1984)

Up until No Country for Old Men definitely The Coen Brothers darkest. A dark revenge tale set in Texas with Dan Hedaya as a bar owner who hires a psychotic private eye (played by M. Emmet Walsh in perhaps his best performance) to murder his wife and her lover who happens to be one of his employees (both played by Francis McDormand and John Getz respectively). Blood Simple easily ranks among the best Noir films in the genre with a tone that evokes the vibes of the darker Jim Thompson and Dashiell Hammett novels and has the feel of a Noir/Horror film hybrid with splendid use of shadows and the Texas landscape which despite not being as synonymous with the genre as much as say Los Angeles still fits like a glove. In a way the more down-home location seems better suited for these type of films (Blue Velvet and The Hot Spot being other prime examples of this) as it makes it more unsettling when you're seeing a place which on the surface seems quaint and tranquil be the setting of murder and mayhem. From the opening narration to the closing "It's The Same Old Song" by The Four Tops over the end credits this is one of the best directorial debuts and gets better the more you come back to it.

I'd overall rank it at a 9.5 though it's film that seems to rise in ranks every time I watch it. The new Criterion Blu-ray especially gave it more pop with the added clarity and sound boost.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ef858680-93e6-4971-bea9-c671b0d42945_zps

Dark Angel aka I Come in Peace (1990) by Craig R. Baxley

Bad Alien: I come in peace.

Jack Caine: And you go in pieces, asshole.

I had a bit of hope that Dolph Lundgren would benefit from having played one of the more exciting and memorable characters in the first Expendable film from 2010, were he took on the role as the burnt out veteran soldier, Gunnar Jensen, who throughout the film left the viewers wondering if he really were such a good guy after all. Along with Mickey Rourke and Jet Li, they stole the show (at least that is what I thought), and Dolph did a fine job giving the movie a much need "dramatic" and at times some unpredictable moments, but as the film series continued it become more and more just a sad nostalgic throwback to the 80s and 90s with old action stars who haden't scored a hit in decades, and the third one (and hopefully last in the series), more or less was the final nail in the coffin for a trilogy that started out with some potential, but in the end all it did was leaving the fans of the big and larger than life 80s and 90s action movies with one huge slap to the face.

Not long afterwards, it became clear that Dolph were right back at doing terrible DTV (Direct to Video) titles made in east europe, and the last film I saw of him were the awful "sequel" to Arnold's 90s action/comedy hit, Kindergarten Cop (1990). But there was a time when Dolph actually had a pretty decent run with some good and well produced action movies, which tried hard to promote him as the next upcoming action star of the late 80s and early 90s. After playing the memorable bad guy in Rocky IV (1985) studios gave him a shot as the good guy with big budget titles such as Masters of the Universe (1987), Red Scorpion (1988), The Punisher (1989), Dark Angel (1990)Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991) and Universal Soldier (1992).

But his problem was that the audience and critics too often favored him as the bad guy, (much like Rutger Hauer at the same time) in Rocky IV or Universal Soldier against Jean-Claude Van Damme but from the mid 90s and up till The Expendables most of his films were either limited releases or straight to video material with often very low budget, that at times were amost unwatchable. And that should have been the title of the third Expendables film, The Unwatchables. And now it is going to be a fourth film, which I of course will see, and I guess it can only go upwards after the last one, I hope.

Anyway, Dark Angel or I Come in Peace, (in some countries it is known as Dark Angel and in other it is I Come in Peace), is actually not a bad buddy cop/sci/fi action attempt, even though it rips off a bit of The Terminator, Predator and several other buddy cop films of the late 80s, but then again, does it much better than a lot of other similar titles at the time.

Jack Caine (Lundgren) and his new partner Special Agent Arwood Smith (Brian Benben) are up against both a bunch of evil yuppie criminals and a really unfriendly drug dealer from outer space. And that is more or less the plot. It is mindless entertainment but a very fun 90 minutes of explosive sci-fi/action were Lundgren and Benben is a great team to watch and were Matthias Hues as the evil alien does something that very few actors have done before or after, and that is making Dolph Lundgren look small.

Jan Hammer provided the soundtrack by the way, and it works well with film. 

All in all, Dark Angel is a fun film and one of Dolphs last great solo efforts, filled with lots of typical 80s action cheese, but a very entertaining movie.

7/10

Always like Reservoir Dogs and other Terantino stuff.

Just saw the Beach Boy movie about Brian Wilson called "Love and Mercy"

I was a mediocre fan of the Beach Boys and understand the importance of "Pet Sounds" and the genius of Wilson, but this movie really opened my eyes.

When I was younger I heard way to much Beach Boys and of course over exposure made me sick of them early on. It wasn't until much later I started to re-listen to the classic stuff as well as the unknown or less "radio airplay" stuff and realized just how complex their music was. Even John Lennon remarked on Pet Sounds and of course Sgt.Peppers was the Beatles version of similar overproduced exceptionally complex music.  I can now see years later how these albums changed history!

The movie was very good as it skipped back and forth between young and old Brian Wilson. It showed the torture that he went through for decades. Very underrated movie. It tanked at the box office last year but I think it was worth an academy award for John Cusac who portrayed the older Brian Wilson. He did it brilliantly!

• 1 month later...

Fathers' Day (1997) by Ivan Reitman

Another one of the great 70s/80s comedy directors/producers along with John Hughes and Harold Ramis who started so promisingly great in the early 90s (Kindergarten Cop 90 and Dave 93, then suddenly Ivan Reitman stopped making good or decent comedies and instea we got one horrible picture after another. 

This might just be Reitmans worst 90s turd, were Robin Williams and Billy Crystal are playing the same characters as in several other of their films, but this time they are not the least funny, just irritating. There are no chemistry between them and most of the "laughs" seems too forced and the kind of stupid situations that have been done to death in movies and television for ages. The crapper/toilet scene, how many time did the poor schmuch getting "drowned" in other peoples shit, 3 or 4 times. It was not funny the first time, so hey lets do it again and again and... again. Then on with the "hysterical" gay jokes and of course finish the whole damn thing off with a horrible "happy ending". Ok, the film was not that bad, but still it does make Junior (1994) (another "fantastic" Reitman product) look like an art movie at times. I had absolute no sympathy for none of the characters, and even if Nattasja Kinski had been running around naked the entire movie, I would still not rate it any higher than a very kind 4/10

Humanoids from the Deep aka Monster (1980) by Barbara Peeters

Now this is a great monster movie. You got fantastic and very evil looking mutant creatures, who only wants to kill of all the men in town and to have their "way" with the best looking women (the ones with the biggest tits) and also have a good time at the upcoming local festival, just as any other party going animal. Sadly for these guys, they are not welcome. But they sure knew how to trash a party.

Big tits, bushy beavers and lots of fine b-movie acting. You just gotta love the horror movies of the early 80s. No fake looking body parts to be seen anywhere (well beside a couple of old angry mutants), just plain old au naturale, which is something that would be hard to find in todays horror films with all the crappy looking silicone tits, fake hair, fake lips, fake teeth, fake this and f..k that, Photoshopped bullshit.

Within the next 80-85 minutes of this fine Roger Corman cult classic it shows that you do not need to spend a 300 billion dollar budget to make a great, atmospheric and very entertaining little monster movie, and one that Mr. Corman should be very proud of. Which I think he is, as the film got later on a sequel and even a remake, and finally in 2010 the movie was released in a fine remaster and uncut DVD/Blu-ray versions. 

The film has got some impressive names to its credits. Rob Bottin did the monster special effects, James Horner delivered the atmospheric and creepy soundtrack, Mark Goldblatt did the editing and then you have great character actors such as Vic Morrow and Doug McClure in the leading roles. 

Not the best Corman production, but still one of the most enjoyable and memorable monster movies of the early 80s. 7/10

Edited by ArtieRollins

Saw the entire Phantasm series (well not exactly, as I have yet to see the latest Phantasm: Ravager -2016) this Halloween, and it is still a very good filmseries, even though none of the sequels match the original.

Phantasm (1979) by Don Coscarelli

Easliy the creepiest and most impressive of the series, with its fantastic atmosphere/special effects and an incredible bunch of little known talents that made this a first class horror/sci-fi cult classic and still stands among as one the finest horror films to be made in the 70s. The Tall man played brilliantly by the late Angus Scrimm might just be one of the coolest looking bad guys in any horror film and one that actually has a lot more to offer than your usually horror baddie wearing a "scary" mask and doing the typical Frankensteins monster routine, with slow-fast walk after some horny kids in the woods. I would rather have Michael Myers or Jason or even Freddy Krueger chasing me any day or time, than to face the wrath of The Tall Man and his army of slaves. 10/10

Phantasm II (1988) by Don Coscarelli

Often described as the "Terminator 2" of the Phantasm saga, much because of its bigger budget and names. Brad Pitt was supposed to play the leading role, but got turned down and instead of having A. Michael Baldwin doing the same role as in the original, we ended up with James Le Gros, who actually did a very good job. The film might have bigger budget and so on, but it ends up loosing the creepy/unpredictable vibe of the original, as the music and sounds in the second one, sounds just like every other late 80s/early 90s horror film. But the main theme still kicks ass, even if it is updated a bit. Another thing I did not like was the introduction of a female second lead where Paula Irvine plays Mikes suddenly "love of life" romantic counterpart, and she offers very little for my part, as that is what made the Phantasm series special within the horror genre, it had several male leading characters, instead of the typical scream queen character that always ended up being the one who escaped. Even though in the later ones we were introduced to some short flirts of Reggie, it was always about the friendship between Mike, Reggie and Jody. Now suddenly we have blond chick who wants to run the show and one that would seem like some big time Hollywood producer thought was a good idead to put in the script, so they could cash in on other horror series such as Hellraiser and Nightmare on Elm Streets film, with similar looking leading babes.

Anyway, Reggie is back and taking names and kicking ass all over and even if the film is a bit of a downer compared to the first film, it does pack some great action/comedy scenes, such as the epic chainssaw duel and The Tall Man is still a very brutal opponent. 6,5/10

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead and IV: Oblvion by Don Coscarelli 1994 and 1998

The series went down fast in quality. Sure film 3 and 4 are still entertaining but now its become more of the same joke, Reggie is horny and The Tall Man and his "balls" are back in town. The whole Home Alone scene in film 3 is almost unwatchable, Reggie the guy who became Rambo in the second film is now taking orders from a chick and a little kid, what a letdown. Anyway, they are as I said above, entertaining, but the kind of film that might be more well fitted for the die hard fans, than those who hopes for something like the first film. 5/10 to both of them 

• Like 1

Hey ArtieRollins I am a huge fan of the Phantasm series.  I agree the first movie was the creepiest of the series.  I watched the final film a few days ago and thought it was a fitting end to the series.  I liked the way the film went from reality to dream to reality to dream.  I don't want to spoil it for you, so I won't say anything more.  Just sit back and enjoy the Tall Man's final performance.

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I watched the final film a few days ago and thought it was a fitting end to the series.  I liked the way the film went from reality to dream to reality to dream.  I don't want to spoil it for you, so I won't say anything more.  Just sit back and enjoy the Tall Man's final performance.

I like the sound of that, even though I have also heard some not so very good things, but then again movie critics are not exactly the main target when it comes to these kind of films.

I always wanted the Sphere collection, region 2 by Anchor Bay Uk, but the price have been rather high for a used copy, and who knows with a new film out, somebody out there might be planning on a new release of all the films, once again. Not sure if I can wait so long, as I probably will end up ordering the latest Phantasm movie so I can have it in my collection along with the rest. 

The Hateful Eight (2015) -- Enjoyable movie but Quentin Tarantino has been so far up his own butt recently that it's not even funny. It was cool to see a new movie in the Ultra Panavision 70 wide aspect ratio though, They don't make many epics like they did back in the 50s/60s so the effort is appreciated.7/10

Dr. Strangelove (1964) -- A Brilliant movie that is as pertinent now as it was during the cold war, especially with the presidential election looming and the possibility of Trump destroying us all.:D.. It's hard not to feel a punch to the gut when the credits roll to the tune of "we'll meet again", as footage of nuclear explosions fill the screen. The somber ending works because the whole movie was ridiculously insane and awesome. The ensemble cast is perfection, Peter Sellers plays 3 different roles (my favourite being Cpt. Mandrake). George C Scott as the bumbling commie hating General. Sterling Hayden plays the insane airbase commander who sets a nuclear haulocaust into motion after mistakenly assuming that the "commie's" are using fluoridation to "infiltrate" his "precious bodily fluids". I'd reccomend this to anyone. 10/10

The 39 steps (1935) -- Great early Hitchcock film. Came across this on TV and was awe-struck by how fresh it looked for something over 80 years old. It had pretty much every trope of the thriller genre in the book, so much so that it felt like a pastiche of every thriller ever made, when obviously it was the other way around. Hell it even had a villain with a strange physical characteristic, that would've been at home in a Bond film. 10/10

I didn't watch any Halloween films this year for some reason

Edited by Vincent Hanna
  • Like 1

I, the Jury (1982)

A somewhat forgotten Mike Hammer movie which thankfully has been given a slight revival due to a new Blu-ray. Armand Assante plays a very eighties Mike Hammer searching for the responsible party who killed a fellow Nam vet who lost his arm saving Mike's life. Barbara Carrera (Fatima Blush from Never Say Never Again) plays a sex therapist who's hooked in with some out-of-control CIA agents who Mike's buddy was investigating before his murder. This movie is to the novel as to what Roger Moore's For Your Eyes Only was to the short stories that movie was based off of (and both films do feel similar in other ways due to the use of a Bill Conti score) in that while it strays far enough from the original source it kept enough of outline intact it was still a respectful update and in some ways improves on the source such as the addition of a lot of fun action scenes such as a downhill chase through the woods and a shoot-out in the villain's stronghold. It keeps the original ending and iconic final two lines from the novel as well as some other great scenes such as Hammer losing a tail by leading him into a hotel and using a wedge to lock him in a revolving door. The film has a great supporting cast with Alan King from Casino as a dapper mob boss, Geoffrey Lewis as a drunk former intelligence man and Paul Sorvino as Captain Pat Chambers. Overall this film was a lurid and exciting film to see again (it's definitely the bloodiest and most nudity filled Mike Hammer movie, an assassination in a sushi restaurant is particularly brutal) and gets better with each viewing. 9/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G-m6lLBLI

Edited by agent 47
  • Like 1

well I'm due to get nighthawks in, and I was watching the Seven Ups, as I figured alright regardless of what happens I was going to get a cool movie out of the 8th, just to ease my nerves.

Well last night I finally saw "TED 2"

I never saw Ted 1 at the theatres but rather waited until the dvd came out. It came with an "UNRATED" version and I can only say that Seth McFarlane is an absolute genious!!!!!!!!!  I laughed my ass off! It was soooooooooooooo funny!

TED 2 came out but again...I didn't go to the hteatres but rather waited for the unrated version to come out on dvd and I watched it last night. I laughed so hard and so many times I thought I was going to bust a gut muscle!

McFarlane is the new genious of this era like Mel Brooks was back in the days of Blazing Saddles etc. McFarlane's "A Million Ways to Die in the West" was also a "LAUGH-a-MINUTE comedy.

• Administrators

I just watched War Dogs, one I've been wanting to watch for a few months, just recently came out on DVD/Bluray. 

It's an awesome movie based on a true story about these two 22 year old friends who become arms dealers for the US government. The story is amazing, it's mostly filmed in Miami, awesome soundtrack, good action, references to Scarface, noticed a few songs from GoodFellas which featured in the soundtrack... Very enjoyable movie. 8/10.

If you're like me and enjoy a rags-to-riches story by ill-gotten-gains, you'll enjoy War Dogs!