Movies you have seen recently

ArtieRollins

Watching Jurassic Park: The Lost World right now ..and forgot how dreary it was. :(The OG Jurassic Park was so colourful, vibrant and FUN!!. This one is just grey and miserable, starring a Jeff Goldblum who's like a completely different character from last time.

Seeing all the new dinosaurs that weren't in the first one is still cool though.

Just saw a part where one of the InGen guys is explaining the new park in San Diego and he says "John Hammond abandoned this amphitheatre here for his more grander vision.(in the first one)" Sums up the movie nicely.

12 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Blade Runner 2049 - I was drinking Maker's Mark the whole time.  4DX.  Incredible.  

Goodbye, Christopher Robin is on my list, if I could find it.

Ready, Player One is on the list...

And for sure - the YouTube Red (whatever that is) new Karate Kid series starring original cast members...

I have not seen READY PLAYER ONE (saw the preview last week at the theatre) however I did hear a review and apparently it blows!!! The old time references go right over  a millenial's head, but old farts like me might be able to catch on. I will wait for later and won't waste a theatre experience on this (named ) "a pile of crap" (not my words....)

• 1 month later...

I just watched Solo tonight and I feel really depressed to be honest. It's a different feeling to when I came out of The Last Jedi confused and in denial. I had the faintest hope they could win back some of us hardcore fans back with something fun and exciting but they've got other objectives. There's no reason for the film to exist and it's really not worth your time if you're thinking of seeing it this weekend.  Rogue one is still the only new Disney produced film I'm willing to watch again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marc said:

I just watched Solo tonight and I feel really depressed to be honest. It's a different feeling to when I came out of The Last Jedi confused and in denial. I had the faintest hope they could win back some of us hardcore fans back with something fun and exciting but they've got other objectives. There's no reason for the film to exist and it's really not worth your time if you're thinking of seeing it this weekend.  Rogue one is still the only new Disney produced film I'm willing to watch again.

Could not agree more! Haven’t seen Solo yet but don’t really want to. Disney has destroyed Star Wars...even Mark Hamill has been very upset and displeased with what Disney has done! :thumbsdown:

Edited by ViceFanMan

Yeah it's tough to swallow. I'm considered slightly young for a Miami Vice fan on here being born in '82 but I grew up a massively into Star Wars when it wasn't cool or acceptable during the 90's. I can seriously only recall three people at my school who openly liked it, would discuss the films and talk about collecting whatever Star Wars toys, games, etc we could spend our pocket money on. My attic is filled with unopened figures, home office decorated with artwork and most rooms in the house have some piece of memorabilia in view. Ask me today to choose between Episode IX or Avengers 4  and I'm going with Marvel as the superior series.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yeah it's tough to swallow. I'm considered slightly young for a Miami Vice fan on here being born in '82 but I grew up a massively into Star Wars when it wasn't cool or acceptable during the 90's. I can seriously only recall three people at my school who openly liked it, would discuss the films and talk about collecting whatever Star Wars toys, games, etc we could spend our pocket money on. My attic is filled with unopened figures, home office decorated with artwork and most rooms in the house have some piece of memorabilia in view. Ask me today to choose between Episode IX or Avengers 4  and I'm going with Marvel as the superior series.

I was pretty little or young when Miami Vice started...I was 8. I was 13 when it went off, but I’ll be honest and say I kind of quit watching during Season 3. It wasn’t until reruns a few years later that I saw all of 3 and Seasons 4-5. In my opinion the last couple seasons of MV are more enjoyable (for the most part) as an adult.  

I was 1 when the first Star Wars movie came out, LOL :) so I didn’t see it until a few years later when VHS videos started coming out to rent. But I grew up with those first 3 movies (other 2 I saw in-theater) and in my opinion THOSE are the “real” Star Wars! I’ve never known them to be considered un-cool! ;)

I still have some old Star Wars figures somewhere...and I still have and use an Empire Stikes Back sleeping bag that I got for Christmas in 1980 when I was 4...it was a regular size! It has out lasted every other sleeping bag we’ve or I’ve ever had! :o

When I go to my church’s junior high and high school youth group camps each summer to help be a counselor, one of my rules in my cabin is no one can make fun of my ESB sleeping bag. :p So far none of them have...they all think it’s awesome and a couple wanted to find one too. I laughed and said yeah, what was once probably $20 at KMart, is probably $200 on eBay! :dance2:

• Haha 1

Hahaha it's certainly made a big impression on our lives. We've all got great memories that are special to us.

When the prequels came out I was really disenfranchised with Star Wars and it soured my relationship with the series to the point I was took a long break for even being able to enjoy the originals. Force Awakens wasn't anything outstanding but it made it feel relevant again and I thought it was the start of a really promising trilogy.

Even Rogue One although it was lacking any memorable characters still made me had genuinely good moments. Things have took such a turn for the worse since The Last Jedi colossal mistakes, Colin Trevorrow being fired from IX and all the troubles of Solo which actually cost more to make than Force Awakens with all the reshoots.

I fear I want to cut myself off again, rid my house of these items and have no reminders around me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Hahaha it's certainly made a big impression on our lives. We've all got great memories that are special to us.

When the prequels came out I was really disenfranchised with Star Wars and it soured my relationship with the series to the point I was took a long break for even being able to enjoy the originals. Force Awakens wasn't anything outstanding but it made it feel relevant again and I thought it was the start of a really promising trilogy.

Even Rogue One although it was lacking any memorable characters still made me had genuinely good moments. Things have took such a turn for the worse since The Last Jedi colossal mistakes, Colin Trevorrow being fired from IX and all the troubles of Solo which actually cost more to make than Force Awakens with all the reshoots.

I fear I want to cut myself off again, rid my house of these items and have no reminders around me.

Yeah, the prequels were pointless and stupid. I only watched the first 2. I did not really like Force Awakens either :( but I did really like Rogue One. But Last Jedi was terrible! :thumbsdown:

I’ll always love the original 3 movies and/or memorabilia associated with them. But I’m pretty well done with Star Wars and Disney! Disney has pretty well destroyed the franchise. :evil:

Edited by ViceFanMan

• Administrators

It begins and ends with "Avengers: Infinity War"   The movie was everything it promised to be and more!  

For those that have seen it, trust me, Doctor Strange has a plan!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just watched again with my wife for the umpteenth time The Wizard of Oz (1939).  This classic I have been watching ever since I was a kid in the 60s. If you ever just want to forget about the world for two hours and be a child again then watch it. It truly is a magical movie. And yes, I do remember having nightmares because of the flying monkeys!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Ok, just watched again with my wife for the umpteenth time The Wizard of Oz (1939).  This classic I have been watching ever since I was a kid in the 60s. If you ever just want to forget about the world for two hours and be a child again then watch it. It truly is a magical movie. And yes, I do remember having nightmares because of the flying monkeys!!

I know what you mean!

I saw it last year on TCM as they had a special about it and extended version with about 20-25 extra minutes. There was a dance scene on the yellowbrickroad that was not in the original, as well as a couple of other scenes.

It was a fabulous movie for it's time and holds up well over the decades. I remember I was five when I first saw it and of course it was on network tv every year after that! I does remind me of my childhood for sure.

I just heard on the news yesterday the last munchkin passed away this week at age 91

Just saw the trailer for the new Halloween. While I'm still disappointed that they are ignoring the second film, overall this looks to be a solid sequel. Already better than those two catastrophes Rob Zombie made.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Remington said:

Just saw the trailer for the new Halloween. While I'm still disappointed that they are ignoring the second film, overall this looks to be a solid sequel. Already better than those two catastrophes Rob Zombie made.

Thanks Remington I didn’t know there was a new Halloween movie out this fall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Remington said:

A trailer?  I am doing my happy dance now!!  Got to see it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

A trailer?  I am doing my happy dance now!!  Got to see it. 

I don't know how to post links on here but it's ony YouTube.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:51 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

As “cheesy” as this movie might be...it’s still a captivating and enjoyable classic! The documentaries about how this movie was made, and what those people had to go through to get it made, are amazing and helped give me an all new, different kind of respect for it. :thumbsup: As a child the witch scared the crap out of me...but it was kind of a fun-scared, lol! :p I have tons of movies of all different kinds...so of course I have my own copy. :cool: 

23 hours ago, Remington said:

Awesome...been waiting to hear more about this! I too am disappointed they’re ignoring 2, but I’m still excited to have Laurie Strode back. Rob Zombie all but destroyed the Halloween franchise! :evil:  But he claimed his were their own movies and the original Halloween movies were dead. Well, what goes around comes around...and thankfully his pieces of garbage are dead, and the “real” Halloween is back! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

Any Phantom of the Opera fans here? I was watching the movie with my girl last night and forgot how much I used to love it. I used to watch it all the time when I was little. I'm a headbanger now but I still love it, mainly due to Butler and Rossum.

2 hours ago, pmconroy said:

To Live and Die in LA (1985) is great, I just watched it. Similar vibe to Vice too

Wow. This looks very good, indeed. Score by Wang Chung. Really cool. I gotta see this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Wow. This looks very good, indeed. Score by Wang Chung. Really cool. I gotta see this. Thanks!

You're in for a great film. One of the best crime films of the '80's with excellent music, acting, cinematography and a great car chase.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, Remington said:

Any Phantom of the Opera fans here? I was watching the movie with my girl last night and forgot how much I used to love it. I used to watch it all the time when I was little. I'm a headbanger now but I still love it, mainly due to Butler and Rossum.

I'm not sure how many of them there are but I believe I saw the second one from the 50's in the early 60's on late night when I was a kid. When he came swinging through the curtains on stage I thought my heart stopped. I was just a kid and that scared the $hit out me!!! :)

Great movie.... I would like to see the other remakes of it too. I think it has been done three times? does anyone else know for sure?

23 hours ago, agent 47 said:

You're in for a great film. One of the best crime films of the '80's with excellent music, acting, cinematography and a great car chase.

I absolutely love this film! I have seen it about a dozen times over the last fifteen years or so and love the story line, action and of course the bad guy (Wilem Defoe) was stupendous in this role!

I have the DVD with the extras and they show how they did the car chase scene and the tractor trailer folding on the offramp. Very cool inside stuff.

Just saw the new trailer for the Armstrong moon landing movie starring Ryan gosling. Looks fab! can hardly wait for it to come out. I'm pissed at the stupid movie theatres everywhere... I saw the Sicaro II prevues around xmas time and they said it would be out Mar 2? It's June already and I have been watching the movie stuff online and of course all they have are cartoons and comic book heroes?!?!?!?!?

There are only three movies that interest me right now and that is Sicaro II and the afore mentioned Neil Armstrong story and the remake of "A Star is Born" with Lady GaGa!

Just watched again the film comedy Office Space.  This movie from 1999 is a fun film.  Back when this hit the theaters I lived next to a guy who was a software engineer.  He told me this film nailed it for accuracy.  My best friend tells me he feel like the character Milton at his job.  We love quoting lines from this film. Check it out.