ArtieRollins

Movies you have seen recently

Stinger390X

Great Point COMC. I agree with the "light speed theory.

You kind of wonder if they have such a classic as this, and they attempt (have failed numerous times) to make sequals that keep up the storyline, then why did they stray so much on this one? As I stated before it was "Disjointed" and I found the body count to be atrocious. The whole "Luke thing" not leaving the island was a bit too much to take and I could not figure out the story plot between him and his nephew? I know it's a fairy tale but really ...do so many people have to die uselessly? Lets give a ra-ra to the good guys? After all it's only a movie!

• Like 1

Stinger390X

Last night I watched a movie called "99 Homes"

It takes place in FL back in the 2008-2010 housing crisis. It is a story based on the evictions of Fanny Mae and other unscrupulous banking firms of innocent people. Sad story and based on fact, these dudes get rich off the suffering of others.

The movie is very good in many aspects but the last 60 seconds of the ending was a bombshell! I didn't quite get it??? Has anyone else seen this film? Did the guy who got arrested who ratted out the scoundrels really get thanked by his boss, or was he covering up for him and taking the fall? Good movie but confusing ending...maybe that is why it went straight to DVD? I still enjoyed it.

Marc

This gif of Mark Hamill fills me with a real sadness. https://streamable.com/fmqwp

It's taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaCJCuSiPI

23:00 
Question:
>"I'm wondering if you were concerned about pissing off the fans?"

Mark:
>"Can I just say though a lot of times I would say to Rian; 'We Gotta think about the fans' and he said "No we gotta think about the story and we gotta think about our movie.

>Which I... you know..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Matt5
4 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Last night I watched a movie called "99 Homes"

It takes place in FL back in the 2008-2010 housing crisis. It is a story based on the evictions of Fanny Mae and other unscrupulous banking firms of innocent people. Sad story and based on fact, these dudes get rich off the suffering of others.

The movie is very good in many aspects but the last 60 seconds of the ending was a bombshell! I didn't quite get it??? Has anyone else seen this film? Did the guy who got arrested who ratted out the scoundrels really get thanked by his boss, or was he covering up for him and taking the fall? Good movie but confusing ending...maybe that is why it went straight to DVD? I still enjoyed it.

I have also seen this movie and really enjoyed it :hippie:

ViceFanMan

Right now I’m watching the colorized 1951 A Christmas Carol, starring Alastair Sim as Scrooge—and slowly sipping my Sam Adams: Old Fezziwig Ale’s...part of Sam Adams holiday collection 12 pack, and dedicated to the character from the Charles Dickens classic Christmas story! Merry Christmas to all!! :thumbsup:

“God bless everyone!”——Tiny Tim

Stinger390X
17 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I have also seen this movie and really enjoyed it :hippie:

Matt...what did you make of the ending? Who were the three suits? Were they FBI? the never revealed that. And did the kid act as a fall guy for the realator when he said to him "Good Job" and put his hand on his shoulder. Will the kid take the fall alone?

What a messed up ending for such a good movie!!!!!!!!!

Matt5
3 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Matt...what did you make of the ending? Who were the three suits? Were they FBI? the never revealed that. And did the kid act as a fall guy for the realator when he said to him "Good Job" and put his hand on his shoulder. Will the kid take the fall alone?

What a messed up ending for such a good movie!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much had the same thoughts as you - thought it could have been clearer at the end :hippie:. The three suits my thought was FBI

Marc

80iiPp3.png

I've signed up to letterboxd.com and keeping a film diary on there.

I have a film pass so can go as many times as I like. 

• Like 1

jpm1

Blade runner 2049 is very good. recently i've been rewatching Scarface while reading miamijim book. honestly i'm not a big fan of that movie, but it's still an interesting movie on many levels

• Like 1

Marc

next week I'll probably see a couple of dumb action movies for a change, The Commuter, 12 Strong and Den of Thieves. 

films aimed at male dominated audiences come under a lot of criticism lately. "macho escapism is bad!"  - Buzzfeed

Vincent Hanna

I made my brother watch "Manhunter" and don't think he was too impressed but it was awesome seeing it again:cool: I saw Red Dragon recently too, Seriously Manhunter is like a million times better.

On 24/12/2017 at 8:22 PM, Marc said:

This gif of Mark Hamill fills me with a real sadness. https://streamable.com/fmqwp

It's taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaCJCuSiPI

23:00 
Question:
>"I'm wondering if you were concerned about pissing off the fans?"

Mark:
>"Can I just say though a lot of times I would say to Rian; 'We Gotta think about the fans' and he said "No we gotta think about the story and we gotta think about our movie.

>Which I... you know..."

Poor Mark Hamill ;(

Tommy Vercetti

I agree on Manhunter. Great film and one of Mann's best. I'm glad it's stature has grown. I think it's the best Leckter film and it's better than Silence of the Lambs. I think Brian Cox is better as Leckter than Hopkins, although I am a fan of Hopkins too.

• Like 1

Marc

Six weeks on from the release of Last Jedi and it's now not playing anymore where I am. 

I saw it twice at theatres, the second time time I disliked it more. No interest to see it again when it's out on blu-ray.

Star Wars as a brand is dying. Low than expectations box office, failing toy sales, bombed in China.

The teaser for Solo was last night and trailer is coming today but I don't really care anymore.

Marc

Den of Thieves was nothing special but still decent, I rated it    

It's funny one of the negative criticisms I read going in was he director has watched Heat too many times.

Rather than put me off it made me want to go see it.

• Haha 1

Vincent Hanna

Cleopatra was on TV and I couldn't help but be drawn to it. Still can't decide if it's a good film or not but the sheer extravagance is mesmerising.

My fellow Welshman Richard Burton is on point as Marc Anthony. Elizabeth Taylor, Rex Harrison and Roddy Mcdowal are all great too but Burton steals the show, Every minute he's on screen is spectacular. This is my favourite scene with Burton hamming it up (in a good way) after he flees from the Battle of Actium.

Edited by Vincent Hanna

Stinger390X
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, Marc said:

Den of Thieves was nothing special but still decent, I rated it    

It's funny one of the negative criticisms I read going in was he director has watched Heat too many times.

Rather than put me off it made me want to go see it.

I also saw Den of Thieves. Not outstanding, but still good...

I saw the Tonya Harding story "I,Tonya" and have to say they did a great job!  The movie was funny, moving and the woman who played her mother should get an Academy nod for sure!