Seinfeld (A Show about absolutely nothing...)

ArtieRollins

Eingefügtes Bild

"Hello, Jerry!"

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.... there were TV shows who stuffed their viewers with morality preaches and happy endings.

It was a time of happiness and innocence.
But dark and difficult times lie ahead as an unknown enemy would dare go on and challenge the almighty ones by delivering us something new, something refreshing, something evil.
It was the tale of 4 self obsessed egos who only gave pain and despair to whom ever where unlucky enough to cross their path throughout 9 seasons of immorality.
So it bagan, where a show about absolutely nothing would go on to be become one of best things to ever hit the television screen!

I thought the best show to come out of the 90s deserved its own thread.
Even though the two last seasons were a bit "lighter" than the rest, I can think of no other sitcom that comes even close to Seinfeld in their prime.

So are there any Seinfeld/Larry David fans here?
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

One of the best comedy shows of the end of a century!

Rates up there with the greats like All in the Family, WKRP, and a few others that broke new ground.

• Like 1

Big fan here!  Never will forget the line that always leaves me busting a gut laughing.  It was in the episode where the bet between the 4 main characters was who could go longest without any sexual contact.  Kramer burst in to Jerry's apartment, slams down his losing money and yells, "I'm out!"  

• Like 2

I like how Seinfeld always portrays old people as pure evil.

"Hey listen, before you go, would you mind changin' my diaper!"

Beside Married With Children and of course Seinfeld, Frasier is another of the 90s sitcom that I always enjoyed, especially Frasiers moment of madness when he goes completely nuts.

One of the funniest scenes from any 90 sitcom has to be the return of Shelley Long as Diane, Frasiers old flame from Cheers.

Bought the box set a couple of years ago and it still angers me how badly they screwed that one up, as all the disc had some kind of cracks or is in rather bad shape because of the poor treatment its in and as a result of the pressure on each disc.

I def think Seinfeld is in a class of it's own, the writing was so stellar.  There are so many great episodes and I always enjoy watching the reruns no matter how many times I've seen it, it always makes me chuckle.  

• Like 2

I def think Seinfeld is in a class of it's own, the writing was so stellar.  There are so many great episodes and I always enjoy watching the reruns no matter how many times I've seen it, it always makes me chuckle.  

Funny show !!

Even though I have the entire series on DVD I somehow always end up watching an episode or two if it is on television, which is almost daily here in Norway.

The funny thing is that the show is still going strong and almost 20 years after the last episode, I still hear about people talking how they have experienced an "Seinfeld" moment in real life.

Had to post one more classic scene, which features the great Jerry Stiller as George Costanza's old man, Frank.

"Cosmo Kramer? You are the ASSMAN."  :) 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

A fan too! A show I always enjoy watching. Every day stories/small things happening you can relate to. I also liked "Cheers."Diane carried the show, she made it interesting and funny. Although didn't like that show as much as Seinfeld. The only criticism I have is, that the characters could have been lesser cold/selfish and having a bit more empathy.  

• Administrators

Watch it whenever it's on and can almost recite the episodes!   Anyone care to start a Seinfeld Trivia thread?

• Like 3

I really enjoy Seinfeld and bought the DVD set. Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 were definitely the best in my book.

Married...With Children and Frasier are my favorites though. For two reasons: Kelly Bundy and Daphne Moon.:)

Edited by Remington

Have the DVD sets also, but not all of the seasons. I think my favorite sitcom would be Seinfeld, but there are many others shows, I've enjoyed watching as well.

There were some great shows produced in the 80's/90's. 

Although (regarding my criticism) not having all of the sentimental stuff, was also what made the show unique. 

Edited by summer84

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Thanks for sharing! And with interesting comments too! :) Have watched some recently of S4. 

I love it! When I went back and watched Season 1 recently I thought it was so good.

Edited by Matt5

• 11 months later...

Would be fun to give the quotes a try, if a thread was made, not sure, that I'll be good at it though. :)

Definitely Kramer was the most comical character. Then Costanza and Jerry. Not just because, he got one of the funniest lines to work with, but he knew how to deliver them in a funny way. 

Edited by summer84

• 1 year later...

I love Seinfeld. It’s my favorite comedy sitcom, tied with The Simpsons if you consider that a sitcom... well, it’s a comedy show for adults. I’ve seen every episode of Seinfeld probably at least 5 times.

Some of the fondest memories growing up is watching reruns of Seinfeld, Simpsons, and Home Improvement everyday after school with my dad. While I love the 80’s the best, the 90’s was a magical time for comedy tv shows!

I almost forgot Kramer (Michael Richards) guest-starred on Vice! He was in “The Fix”.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

Bob Balaban played Ira Stone in two episodes of Miami Vice ("Back in the World" and "Stone's War"). He was also in Seinfeld, as a TV executive at NBC.

• Like 2

Karla Tamburelli, who we know as Ample Annie on Miami Vice was also in an episode of Seinfeld playing George's Girlfriend Daphne.

6c6027677393101991da9c9d0c4be5ba.jpg.f611a4a5e2384d21e4de2e17331ccd41.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Karla Tamburelli, who we know as Ample Annie on Miami Vice was also in an episode of Seinfeld playing George's Girlfriend Daphne.

6c6027677393101991da9c9d0c4be5ba.jpg.f611a4a5e2384d21e4de2e17331ccd41.jpg

I can’t believe that’s her! Lol!