Horror films

ArtieRollins

Yes, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is very disturbing. Maybe the most disturbing I've ever seen. The home video scene is horrific and unbearable to watch. It's very messed up in parts, especially the incestuous rape scene. It's a very grim film and the grey Chicago setting makes it even more grimey and I suppose adds to the mood. It isn't exactly a fun movie to watch but it sure is disturbing. The acting and direction are very good though

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

Aside from all this schlock horror, what movies have truly scared you? 

The first one that really frightened me as a kid was Return of the Living Dead (1985).

Now I can see the comedy in it, but as a kid the basement scene with Tarman taking a bite of the punk leaders head like he was eating an apple, was a truly horrific experience to watch for the first time.

Its been ages since the last time I was scared by a film, but The Brood (1979) are one of very few films that still gets to me, especially the scene where the kindergarten teacher gets brutally attacked and beaten to a bloody pulp in front of all the little kids. 

Another classic is from Jeff Lieberman's Blue Sunshine (1976), a film that takes a closer look at the flower generations experimentation of drugs and free love and its side effects.

The film is not that scary but it does contain some very unpleasant scenes like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vqBDGZDoT8

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Phantasm (1979) again last night, and I never get tired of the mausoleum scene. 

Some great little special effects, creepy music and Angus Scrimm as the Tall Man is all you need to make a neat horror film.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

Absolutely LOVE this movie!!!  I watch it every October. 

• 2 months later...

Artie Rollins, we are gonna be friends!  They Live, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc... Plus, of course, Miami Vice!

I'm a big Fred-Head, so to speak.