What if Tubbs had been in Home Invaders?

Tommy Vercetti

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Yeah, I love when Castillo throws the chair through the the sliding glass door (the man, although always telling his squad to go through proper channels and play things by the book, does whatever it takes in the moment), and in slow motion as well. To bring up "Manhunter" again, what Will Graham does at the climax of that film reminds me of what Castillo did.

I can't say enough about Castillo, the man's a samurai, a Miami Batman: he practically solved The Home Invaders case on his own. Heck, he probably sends his squad out to do other things as a distraction for the work he wants to accomplish. I really like what he brought to the table (which we know he proceeded to throw), especially when it comes to a few of his comments (like when he looks at the report on the robberies and said that he's seen more information on a dog bite report; what a diss!)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I love when Castillo throws the chair through the the sliding glass door (the man, although always telling his squad to go through proper channels and play things by the book, does whatever it takes in the moment)

The chair throwing is seen in 'Heat' as well, when DeNiro's character breaks in Van Zant home before shooting him like there's no tomorrow. Castillo was being practical in that scene, you just can't ring the bell :). The police has to get in somehow in these situations.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Then you've never held a job or been on a team where your boss or coach was replaced. Or had a step-parent enter your life, for that matter. If you did you'd realize what a ridiculous statement it is you just made.

I have experienced boss replacements many times, but my point was Castillo was appointed as OCB commanding officer for a good reason. He wasn't just some college graduate or some young punk just out the academy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

The chair throwing is seen in 'Heat' as well, when DeNiro's character breaks in Van Zant home before shooting him like there's no tomorrow. Castillo was being practical in that scene, you just can't ring the bell :). The police has to get in somehow in these situations.

Oh, I agree, Castillo was doing what he had to do to diffuse the situation; It's just interesting to me to see him do something so noisy, as he's normally so quiet, analytical,  & stealthy. Then again, he practically strangled Dale Menton (I can hardly blame him for that though; what a smug playboy-type he was) right in the OCB war room at the beginning of 'The Golden Triangle (Part II)'.

Ha ha, ring the bell: I can't picture Castillo saying, "Excuse me, are you robbing this house and menacing its residents?" if The Home Invaders answer the door. However, ringing the doorbell could've been a slight distraction, now that I think of it (I would've played it the way Castillo did though).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Oh, I agree, Castillo was doing what he had to do to diffuse the situation; It's just interesting to me to see him do something so noisy, as he's normally so quiet, analytical,  & stealthy. Then again, he practically strangled Dale Menton (I can hardly blame him for that though; what a smug playboy-type he was) right in the OCB war room at the beginning of 'The Golden Triangle (Part II)'.

Ha ha, ring the bell: I can't picture Castillo saying, "Excuse me, are you robbing this house and menacing its residents?" if The Home Invaders answer the door. However, ringing the doorbell could've been a slight distraction, now that I think of it (I would've played it the way Castillo did though).

LOL! Ringing the bell was just an example (as knocking the door) of something conventional that was not applicable to that emergency situation. But i agree the bell could have worked as distraction :).  And Castillo saying "Excuse me, are you robbing this house and menacing its residents?" (with Crockett next to him holding the gun and ready for action) would have been the funniest moment in TV history! Funnier than the whole police academy series!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

LOL! Ringing the bell was just an example (as knocking the door) of something conventional that was not applicable to that emergency situation. But i agree the bell could have worked as distraction :).  And Castillo saying "Excuse me, are you robbing this house and menacing its residents?" (with Crockett next to him holding the gun and ready for action) would have been the funniest moment in TV history! Funnier than the whole police academy series!

What would've been great is if one of The Home Invaders responded to the that question with a "no" and then Castillo giving him his stare for a long moment, then...fade to black! Complete ambiguity!

Yeah, that Police Academy series really ran out of ideas with the quickness: wasn't part 3 just a remake of part 1? I do like Steve Guttenberg in 1986's "The bedroom Window" though, I consider that film a minor classic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Yeah it is exactly like in 'Heat' the chair throwing was clearly Michael Mann's input :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

The chair going through the window was a brilliant decision from Marty because it caused them all to panic, like wtf is going on.

You have to assume Marty has did that before.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

I have experienced boss replacements many times, but my point was Castillo was appointed as OCB commanding officer for a good reason. He wasn't just some college graduate or some young punk just out the academy.

No, but he could easily have been a political hack or a buddy of the commissioner's. Special units don't always get special commanders....sometimes they get "special" commanders. To build credibility in an American police drama he has to prove he can walk the walk.

10 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

No, but he could easily have been a political hack or a buddy of the commissioner's. Special units don't always get special commanders....sometimes they get "special" commanders. To build credibility in an American police drama he has to prove he can walk the walk.

...and there's no denying that Lt.Castillo did!

Would I liked to have seen Tubbs in this episode?....Sure.  But, his absence didn't hurt the episode at all.

2 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Very true.  I remember some promotions/re-organizations within my department that were based on nothing more than being in the Chief's "circle of friends".  Several of these promotions were just given to the particular officer, without offering the "required" interview board for applying candidates. 

• Like 1