MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

I love the fantasy aspect, the clothes, the cars, the music....it affects some differently. I am a super fan.

Those navy top gun instructors used to see all the flaws in the movie TOP GUN, and pointed out how unrealistic it all was, and what would never happen.....yet they all LOVED IT ANYWAY! I metal detect too! What's your make and model of detector?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I like Bounty Hunter units, and have a pair of Tracker II detectors and an older model 2D-707. I gave my BH Landstar to my Dad a few years ago and for last Christmas got him a Pioneer 505. Now I've retired I'm trying to decide on a new, more professional unit, and am torn between the Whites DFX or MXT and the Minelab XTerra. What detector do you swing?

I have the White's DFX 300. :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Hey guys, I metal detect too. I haven't had any major finds, but I have found a lot of wheat pennies, Mercury dimes, a few Indian heads, a buffalo or two, and tons of clad. I also found a couple of gold rings that fetched me a hundred bucks or so each. My friend and I found a gold clad pocket watch that had a inscription in it. It was given to a man for fifty years of Sunday School service. The kicker? It was presented to him back in 1928! We tracked down the owner's descendants in a small nearby town and even had two newspapers pick up the story. We even found the original owner's tomb in that same small town. Do you guys read Easter and Western Treasures magazine?

• Like 1

I have read Eastern and western treasures, and treasures magazines. Thery are getting hard for me to find without subscribing. Even my detector shops won't carry them.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I was just looking at all the photos of your home on the first page. Your place is gorgeous. Can't lie, I'm jealous.Edit: Wait, wrong thread haha. I was going to reply to your other thread. Ignore me.

Hey guys' date=' I metal detect too. I haven't had any major finds, but I have found a lot of wheat pennies, Mercury dimes, a few Indian heads, a buffalo or two, and tons of clad. I also found a couple of gold rings that fetched me a hundred bucks or so each. My friend and I found a gold clad pocket watch that had a inscription in it. It was given to a man for fifty years of Sunday School service. The kicker? It was presented to him back in 1928! We tracked down the owner's descendants in a small nearby town and even had two newspapers pick up the story. We even found the original owner's tomb in that same small town. Do you guys read Easter and Western Treasures magazine?[/quote']I've found a lot of jewelry and a lot of coins, quite a few foreign ones but mostly clad along with some Mercs and silver Rosies and pre-65 quarters, with a few Indian Head pennies and a handful of Wheaties thrown in. I haven't sold any jewelry, mostly I take a photo and then give it away to family or friends. I've returned a few rings too, one was a 1/4 carat engagement ring to a college student that I would have liked to keep...... but you can't if you ID the owner! Cause we're the good guys! I'm chompin' at the bit to start hitting the beaches regularly!!!Oh, and I read Lost Treasures magazine myself. ;)

• 5 months later...

I brought this back up for Maria to read. Enjoy Maria!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• 6 months later...

Here's another thread I brought up for newer members to read, and to post on.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Just read through all the posts on this thread.I am definately stuck in the 80's. Obviously from miami vice. But the whole era. And the music. Don't get me started on that. A great deal of new music is remixes and sampling from the 80's. Or maybe I'm just getting old:D. Like most here I to am living my bit of Miami Vice. Sure my ferrari is a Nissan 300ZX. And the clothes are copies or as close as I can get. I buy rayban replicas for the reason that I either loose or break them. But in the end as long as you are a decent person, comfortable with your life and true to who you are and follow your dreams then your pretty successful.Maybe I'm getting off topic now. But thanks for the posts on this thread. Hope more members post their bit of the "Miami Vice" life.

Just read through all the posts on this thread.I am definately stuck in the 80's. Obviously from miami vice. But the whole era. And the music. Don't get me started on that. A great deal of new music is remixes and sampling from the 80's. Or maybe I'm just getting old:D. Like most here I to am living my bit of Miami Vice. Sure my ferrari is a Nissan 300ZX. And the clothes are copies or as close as I can get. I buy rayban replicas for the reason that I either loose or break them. But in the end as long as you are a decent person' date=' comfortable with your life and true to who you are and follow your dreams then your pretty successful.Maybe I'm getting off topic now. But thanks for the posts on this thread. Hope more members post their bit of the "Miami Vice" life.[/quote']

Thank you for posting aussiefan! Your right, it's more important to be a good person, and replicas are pretty cool if you ask me! There's nothing wrong in the way one chooses to honor, or express MIAMI VICE, or what is right for you. Some choose to wear raybans, others do not. Some like wearing linen sportscoats, others do not. You don't have to have the stuff to be a fan first and foremost. Just be the fan YOU want to be! That is ALL that matters. :clap:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• 1 year later...

I obtained more "VICE" things. After acquiring these items, I started to look at these things and thought.....really, what the hell am I doing? Why am I spending all this money for Miami Vice type things? I really must be obsessed with this show. Perhaps I should slow down and take it all in.

This is nuts. What am I doing?

I never listen to myself.

MIAMI VICE FOREVER!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Today, and this week, I'm going to FORCE myself to wear a white blazer. You see, I'm self conscious about wearing white blazers, as it's the most recognizeable color for Crockett to wear, and it REALLY stands out. I always think that it draws too much attention, and people might associate the jacket with Sonny Crockett and comment with some stupid comment.

I usually avoid wearing that color blazer because of feeling self conscious, however, Easter was yesterday, it's April, It's spring.....If I'm going to wear it, it's got to be now. Today, I'm FORCING myself to wear a white blazer. I'm wearing it in public with the mind set, "I'm wearing it, and I don't give a damn anymore." They say if you want to break yourself of a fear, then you must face it head on. No matter how comfortible I get, I will force myself to wear it.

I wore it in public for about 2 1/2 hours, and you know what, when I entered stores, the employees welcomed me, and asked if there was anything they could do to help me. The response was great. I was treated well, and nobody made any negative comments, or said anything about MIAMI VICE. I think I'm going to like this experiment! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Coop was the ultimate Mv life ! :thumbsup::D

Thanks Matt. I have some VICE stuff to post shortly.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Today' date=' and this week, I'm going to FORCE myself to wear a white blazer.[/quote']STOP THE PRESSES, WAIT! I thought the rule was after Memorial Day (early May sometime). You're from west of the Mississippi though, the rules change out there. I'm not an authority though, just want you to be fashion-safe.

STOP THE PRESSES' date=' WAIT! I thought the rule was after Memorial Day (early May sometime). You're from west of the Mississippi though, the rules change out there. I'm not an authority though, just want you to be fashion-safe.[/quote']

C'mon Pal, you know during spring, and Easter, people wear white! They are in all the stores, along with pastel.You can't wear white after Labor Day (That's the first monday of September).

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Gah - Labor Day comes before Memorial Day, 'L' comes before 'M'. Whoops! Hey, I can't edit posts anymore, what gives!Come to think of it, Easter pretty much is the pastel holiday, with all those blues, pinks and yellows.. I think by May I'll feel safe putting away the rest of my winter duds. Busted out some yacki khaki trousers today for the first time this year - preppie mode. All I need is a big "U. of MV" crest to sew on my blazer, or maybe two big M.V. varsity letters to sew on a varsity jacket. Come to think of it Coop, I think a man of your pedigree would be suited for the first ever MV Varsity Jacket, make it happen and take some pics!

is the pastel holiday, with all those blues, pinks and yellows.. I think by May I'll feel safe putting away the rest of my winter duds. Busted out some yacki khaki trousers today for the first time this year - preppie mode. All I need is a big "U. of MV" crest to sew on my blazer, or maybe two big M.V. varsity letters to sew on a varsity jacket. Come to think of it Coop, I think a man of your pedigree would be suited for the first ever MV Varsity Jacket, make it happen and take some pics!

I've already designed it, and have a maker lined up. Drat! Busted before I even had it made. :)

I think you know me too well cageyJG. :clap:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I have some VICE stuff to post shortly.

Looking forward Coop! Don't wait too long.

One of the items was sent to me longer than I expected, as it wasn't sent on time. It's still not here. The other items are here now, I just wanted to take some shots with a display case, but I guess I can add that picture at a later time when I get the display case which I have yet to order.

These items are just like items featured in MIAMI VICE, just not the actual physical items themselves. They are all things you've seen before, ...but now I own them for my collection. I'm obsessed with MIAMI VICE.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

One of the items was sent to me longer than I expected' date=' as it wasn't sent on time. It's still not here. :evil:The other items are here now, I just wanted to take some shots with a display case, but I guess I can ad that picture at a later time when I get the display case which I have yet to order.These items are just like items featured in MIAMI VICE, just not the actual physical items themselves. They are all things you've seen before, ...but now I own them for my collection. :thumbsup:I'm obsessed with MIAMI VICE.[/quote']I`m really curious about what it can be!

The other items are here now' date=' I just wanted to take some shots with a display case, but I guess I can ad that picture at a later time when I get the display case which I have yet to order.[/quote']Couldn't help but notice you used the words "display case" twice in your post. It immediately makes me want to quote Tubbs in the episode RED TAPE, before he goes agro in the bank:"So...this is your display case?!"A Vice fan? Me? Nahhhh...

The other items are here now' date=' I just wanted to take some shots with a display case, but I guess I can ad that picture at a later time when I get the display case which I have yet to order.[/quote']
Couldn't help but notice you used the words "display case" twice in your post. It immediately makes me want to quote Tubbs in the episode RED TAPE' date=' before he goes agro in the bank:"So...this is your display case?!"A Vice fan? [i']Me? Nahhhh...

Good call CharlieGlide, Good call! You ARE a REAL vice fan!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :clap:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT