MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

This thread is actually kind of an extention on what I was writing in the JURY DUTY thread. I figured it should have it's own thread.This is a bit strange for me to be writing about this, but I figured it could be discussed here if need be.

We are all MIAMI VICE fans here. That is why we are here. If your reading this, it's because you have an interest in MIAMI VICE.As many of you know, I have taken it a bit far. Actually far beyond what the average would do.I'm sure It is entertaining to some to the degree that I take it quite far. That is fine, after all, I'm sharing it with you.Why can I get away with this obsession and nobody really notices in my private life? I'll explain.

Many people pick a hero in life. Some heros are sports heros. Others, singers or people in the music business. Some are fantasy characters, like comic book Superheros, or Star Wars or Star Trek characters.If your hero is Firemen, you may yourself become one, and live your life surrounding that way of life, and you can live it. Very noble.Those who love comic heros can collect comics, and attend comic conventions. Likewise, Star Wars and Star Trek.What is the difference with me and the above? If I don't make a career out of it, or have conventions to go to where one dresses up like Luke Skywalker there's only one alternative I can think of for me.I encorporate MIAMI VICE into my daily life with ease.

Let me give an example:One would look pretty goofy walking around dressed as DARTH VADER, or SUPERMAN downtown.One can't really make thier home look like the STARSHIP ENTERPRISE. Attempting to do so would make people question your sanity.HOWEVER:I can live in a MIAMI VICE style home.I can drive an Italian Convertible.I can buy Designer clothes.I can have my home designed with pastel colors with beautiful modern furniture, and Tropical plants.If I walked around town dressed as a comic hero, you look like a fool.If someone walks into MY world, I'm complemented for my good taste in art, clothes, and great style.THAT's the difference.My fantasy life blends in with NORMAL life.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

People who's hero is a pro sports player can somewhat show the world thier hero. They can wear the Jersey of thier player with thier player's name and number. That's how they live it. They wear the team colors and clothes, and watch the games. I wear my team colors (Pastel), and clothes (Armani blazers), and I watch MIAMI VICE.

Many of my friends have thier place decorated with football helmets, jerseys, posters, plaques, figures of thier sports heros. Some have Star Wars character themes decorating thier place. Me? The place itself is decorated in a MIAMI VICE style, but everyone just thinks I am a man with great taste. I'm simply just doing what others are doing, but mine's just more subtle. Get it?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

More examples?

I bought a Mint 1991 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER VELOCE Italian Convertible. My neighbor bought a 2005 Toyota land Cruiser with 53k miles on it for $30,000. I paid $11,500 in cash for the ALFA. This is a difference of $18,500. His vehicle looks like any vehicle on the road. Nobody would even notice it. He sees my mint Italian Convertible, and sees how rare and exotic it is, and he thinks I'm an extremely rich man. He can't figure how I can own this, AND three other vehicles. He outspent me by $18,500 for a vehicle that blends in, and my little $11,500 vehicle looks like an $90,000 + exotic Ferrari and turns heads, and makes people do double takes and makes them green with envy .........All for far LESS money!

In many cases, "It's not WHAT you have,....It's what people THINK you have." (My moto)

5670fb49.jpgScan0001-83.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

I do the same type of thing,Coop.After playing GTA:Vice City,I went out and got a pair of blue jeans,a blue Hawaiian shirt and white shoes.thhat was back in 2003,I outgrew the shirt,but still today,I look to my favorite tv shows and films and videogames for clothing and stle tips.Like I started wearing the blue jeans and buttoned shirts due to Vice City,although I watched The Sopranos a couple years later after buying a DVD set and stated wearing those button up shirts he wears.My room,which you've seen,the colors came from the logo on the Miami Vice CD logo,although I have been trying to give the room the look of Tommy's room at the Ocean View Hotel in Vice City,I have some ray-bans,I wear them everywhere I go,kinda like Crockett,although when I go shopping,I don't waste time,I go in,get what I want,pay for it and leave,I kinda got it from the main character from the Hitman videogame series,that's how I play them games,get in,get it done and go.That's also where I got my username for this site,the character si only known as Agent 47.Coop,if you don't stylelize your life to what you want it to be,reality becomes harder to swallow.You have done it right,just like you want it and that's what I like about you,you play it you're way.

Guest neworder
HOWEVER:I can live in a MIAMI VICE style home.I can drive an Italian Convertible.I can buy Designer clothes.I can have my home designed with pastel colors with beautiful modern furniture' date=' and Tropical plants.[/quote']All pending depending on cash flow...so ill compare mine to Vice life as a student at university in the north of england;I can live in a terrace house with rats in the backyardI can drive...nothing, I dont own a car and the last thing i drove was a busI can buy designer clothes...not really, but i do have a few vice items, i did invest in a lovely grey suite last summer than looks fantastically vice like, see season 3/4 tubbs. I cant have a home designed with pastel colours BUT i do have 2 awesome palm trees one of which is a proper floridian one thats getting very large, not sure what im gonna do when it reaches the roof...In england you can only really get in the proper vice style in May/June/July/August and even then its hit & miss all depending on weather.So yeah, would love to live more Vice but a poor climate and limited cash flow somewhat impedes my development...For the future - i invest a bit of time finding palm species that can grow in the UK and i will make sure my garden of the future has all these...not sure about buying an Italian car they break down a bit, clothes yes as more money gets in more crockett style jackets but my house aint never gonna look vice like...nor am i ever gonna own a scarab, have a pet alligator..........lol

All pending depending on cash flow...so ill compare mine to Vice life as a student at university in the north of england;I can live in a terrace house with rats in the backyardI can drive...nothing' date=' I dont own a car and the last thing i drove was a busI can buy designer clothes...not really, but i do have a few vice items, i did invest in a lovely grey suite last summer than looks fantastically vice like, see season 3/4 tubbs. I cant have a home designed with pastel colours BUT i do have 2 awesome palm trees one of which is a proper floridian one thats getting very large, not sure what im gonna do when it reaches the roof...In england you can only really get in the proper vice style in May/June/July/August and even then its hit & miss all depending on weather.So year, would love to live more Vice but a poor climate and limited cash flow somewhat impedes my development...[/quote']

Obviously, each situation and climate is different. When I was younger, and in school, I seemed to have less than my friends. If you are reading this, and you live in say ALASKA, more likely than not, you won't have exotic tropical plants in your home, buy a convertible, or wear half lined linen sportcoats. One must understand, I'm only explaining about myself, and my personal MIAMI VICE lifestyle because members seem to be interested.

This is not a contest to see who has more than someone else. I'm simply explaining how far my enthusiasm for the show that I love has eventually grown. I could never have lived this way before. It's only now that after years of saving, and collecting, and giving up so many things, that this is possible. One doesn't HAVE to spend a lot, in order to LOOK like you have a lot.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I don't even have a driver's license,I just ride in my mom's 4-door,1980something chevy blazer,although my mom's got an 80's mercedes we are currently gettig ready,and I have an 88 chevy truck from Canada.I can't afford an Italian sports car,and we have labradors instead of an alligator.My dog is like a little brother and I'm happy with my truck,got to get my driver's license,put a CD player in it and keep iy spit shine.ZZ Top works well while riding in it,wonder how it is while driving i!

:)Again. This is not a contest to see who has more things, or who is a bigger fan, it's just me explaining how far my obsession with MIAMI VICE has grown.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I'm not here to compete with anybody,I posted my stuff because you are the only one to admit a type of lifestyle that seems rediculous to some,I'M ADMITTING TO THIS TYPE THING TOO,I follow my own code of honor,my own dress code,my own style,most of it based on my favorite games and movies and,of course,The Sopranos and Miami Vice.I am not competing,just confessing to something I thought people would think is weird,like getting up in the morning with a song in my head like an opening theme song for that day,then playing that song back on CD before I go to bed.Playing music in my head when walking around while still keeping touch with reality.I don't drink,do drugs,smoke,I try the polite route when talking to anybody,don't argue or curse at people,when going to a resteraunt,holding the door open for people behind me and reporting problems to superiors(after that incedent a while back here) and,of course,calling law enforcement on law breakers,I try my best to be a gentleman to ladies and still make sure people understand I'm not a patsy.That is my way.

Guest neworder
:) Again. This is not a contest to see who has more things' date=' or who is a bigger fan, it's just me explaining how far my obsession with MIAMI VICE has grown.[/quote']I wasnt turning it into a contest...all i was stating was my position as a student lol. Im just explaing under my circumstances how far my obsession for VICE can get under my circumstances...isnt that what this thread is about or have i misinterpreted?p.s my comment wasn't meant to be ****y, was meant to be funny lol

I wasnt turning it into a contest...all i was stating was my position as a student lol. Im just explaing under my circumstances how far my obsession for VICE can get under my circumstances...isnt that what this thread is about or have i misinterpreted?p.s my comment wasn't meant to be ****y' date=' was meant to be funny lol[/quote']

I figured it was meant to be humourous :) I'm always concerned that when I share a bit more about my obsession with MIAMI VICE (which is greatly about the materialism the characters have on the show) that it starts to sound like bragging. That's not what I'm about. If it wasn't for this website, and the members here who share the same passion, nobody would even know about it, as I'm rather private. I like to share my interest with MIAMI VICE members and fans.

Thank you neworder for taking it in the context that I had originally envisioned. :thumbsup: I just thought it would be interesting to explain how I'm able to do some stuff, and the methods of such things.Thanks neworder! :clap:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I'm not here to compete with anybody' date='I posted my stuff because you are the only one to admit a type of lifestyle that seems rediculous to some,I'M ADMITTING TO THIS TYPE THING TOO,I follow my own code of honor,my own dress code,my own style,most of it based on my favorite games and movies and,of course,The Sopranos and Miami Vice.I am not competing,just confessing to something I thought people would think is weird,like getting up in the morning with a song in my head like an opening theme song for that day,then playing that song back on CD before I go to bed.Playing music in my head when walking around while still keeping touch with reality.I don't drink,do drugs,smoke,I try the polite route when talking to anybody,don't argue or curse at people,when going to a resteraunt,holding the door open for people behind me and reporting problems to superiors(after that incedent a while back here) and,of course,calling law enforcement on law breakers,I try my best to be a gentleman to ladies and still make sure people understand I'm not a patsy.That is my way.[/quote']

It sounds like as a person, you and I are quite similar. Try to do the right thing. I'm just a nice guy who likes nice people. I just happen to be a collector, and one of my obsessions is MIAMI VICE! You sound like a nice guy. I try to think, .....what would Castillo do?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Well C&B speaking for myself I am glad you have apparently deep enough pockets to accumulate the really cool collection of MV memorabilia that you displayed on the old site. (and hope to see more of on this site). I wish I had a few of Crockett's jackets but never found a source. More importantly I am really glad you are sharing these photos with us because it brings the show closer to home when I see one of Sonny's jackets up close and personal. My collection is limited I'm afraid to a wallet and badge from the show along with signed photos and a number of like make/model sunglasses. But you never know, maybe someone will tire of their collection and put them up for auction on Ebay. Keep on collecting. Cheers, :balloon:

Well C&B speaking for myself I am glad you have apparently deep enough pockets to accumulate the really cool collection of MV memorabilia that you displayed on the old site. (and hope to see more of on this site). I wish I had a few of Crockett's jackets but never found a source. More importantly I am really glad you are sharing these photos with us because it brings the show closer to home when I see one of Sonny's jackets up close and personal. My collection is limited I'm afraid to a wallet and badge from the show along with signed photos and a number of like make/model sunglasses. But you never know' date=' maybe someone will tire of their collection and put them up for auction on Ebay. Keep on collecting. Cheers, :balloon:[/quote']

Thanks buddy. By the way, what part of my collection from the old site is not posted on here? I thought I posted all of my collection. Is there something specific that I'm not thinking of. I may have missed something.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Thanks buddy. By the way' date=' what part of my collection from the old site is not posted on here? I thought I posted all of my collection. Is there something specific that I'm not thinking of. I may have missed something.[/quote']No not missing, just meant new pics of your stuff are always welcome "eye candy" for those of us who believe there is no other show that will ever measure up to Vice. Now if I could only get Volo Cars in Volo Illinois to part with their restored Daytona --I think it's time to check that site again.

No not missing' date=' just meant new pics of your stuff are always welcome "eye candy" for those of us who believe there is no other show that will ever measure up to Vice. Now if I could only get Volo Cars in Volo Illinois to part with their restored Daytona --I think it's time to check that site again.[/quote']

I'd be pleased to share new pictures of my stuff. I'd just be concerned that people would wonder why I'm taking more photos of things I've already shared. I just bought a new scanner for the laptop, so I have to learn how to scan photos with it. I'm hoping to just borrow a digital camera, put the card into the scanner, and scan it directly without having to print out every photo at the store like in years past. It would save a step. Just gotta learn how to do it.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Hi Dave intersting comments.I tend to think it as not really a fantasy, but more of an enjoyment and appreciation of an era and great TV show.You have gone that couple of steps further to research and obtain info & things connected to the show (lucky for us).All those things connected to the show like the music, fashion, and actors were real weren't they..?Peoples choice in clothes for example whether it be from today or from the mid eightys is only a reflection of what they see other people wear.We all tend to think there is a little bit of us in the model, actor , etcAnd if it must be a fantasy, well it's a damn well good one.:D

Hi Dave intersting comments.I tend to think it as not really a fantasy' date=' but more of an enjoyment and appreciation of an era and great TV show.You have gone that couple of steps further to research and obtain info & things connected to the show (lucky for us).All those things connected to the show like the music, fashion, and actors were real weren't they..?Peoples choice in clothes for example whether it be from today or from the mid eightys is only a reflection of what they see other people wear.We all tend to think there is a little bit of us in the model, actor , etcAnd if it must be a fantasy, well it's a damn well good one. :D[/quote']

What a nice letter Paul! Not a fantasy. Hmmmmmm. I guess I never really thought of it that way. You may be correct. After all, I know I'm not Don Johnson or the fictional Sonny Crockett. I know I'm me. I have other hobbies and collections and interests. This one just seems to be more grounded in reality. Your right, the items that are connected to the show like music, fashion are in fact real. I do enjoy and appreciate the show, and the time period. I seem to want to live in that time again. After all, I like the style very much. I sold everything I had to get everything I have in this type of style. It takes work. I dunno. It's reality, yet one can fantasize that they are living in a scene from the show. Perhaps in a way, it can be both. More thoughts?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

So we have someone dressed as Tommy Vercetti? Just don't go down to the local police station and get a purple d*ldo, and start attacking people with it!!!!!!!!!:)

Well C&B, I can't say I live it to the extent you do, but I definitely can see where you're coming from. I wear the MV look, blazer-t-shirt-jeans (I do have a full-white pastel suit, but that get-up will almost certainly get me some odd looks in public). I even have a pair of Wayfarer knock-offs that look great. I've got the sports car, albeit an American one (which is fine by me, I'm a Chevy guy, though I'll take Ferrari if you have one ;)), and it has more than enough music that's suitable for Vice-like driving (Don Henley's "Building The Perfect Beast", is a prime example, even though no tracks from it were used in the show, although "Boys of Summer" should have been). It's a bit more low key, but I try to do my part to live a bit of MV.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Well C&B' date=' I can't say I live it to the extent you do, but I definitely can see where you're coming from. I wear the MV look, blazer-t-shirt-jeans (I do have a full-white pastel suit, but that get-up will almost certainly get me some odd looks in public). I even have a pair of Wayfarer knock-offs that look great. I've got the sports car, albeit an American one (which is fine by me, I'm a Chevy guy, though I'll take Ferrari if you have one ;)), and it has more than enough music that's suitable for Vice-like driving (Don Henley's "Building The Perfect Beast", is a prime example, even though no tracks from it were used in the show, although "Boys of Summer" should have been). It's a bit more low key, but I try to do my part to live a bit of MV.[img'] larryvice.jpg?t=1234409314

I think you've done a great job to portray your "VICENESS". Keep up the great work LAR!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Heck, I have you to thank for a lot of it, C&B. I wouldn't know half as much about the wardrobe if it weren't for you showing me the ropes about two years or so back. So, thank you :clap::clap::clap:!!

Heck' date=' I have you to thank for a lot of it, C&B. I wouldn't know half as much about the wardrobe if it weren't for you showing me the ropes about two years or so back. So, thank you :clap::clap: :clap:!![/quote']

This is one of the kindest, most unselfish things I think anyone has ever said to me. I don't really know what to say, except thank you for saying it. :o:thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT