MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Nice posts guys and thanks for the photos.Nice cars and as long as you take care of them, who cares if its a North American or an import. Take pride in your ride...I too live the life and possibly a bit more than many of you. My 24 year obsession with the show has led me to my dream of owning the boat. I actually live the life each summer and have been doing it for many years (now with the actual boat). I live at the Marina each summer and travel around the lake to different locations. I live right on the boat in my slip at the Marina.I own a pair of real Wayfarers. I own a Gold Rolex Oyster Day/Date watch just like Crockett'sI drive a few fancy cars but am actually looking to buy the Ferrari Daytona very soon.I dress much like Crockett did with the shoes and jackets with the "T's" etc.I have a carefree style and am still single (at my age??) and enjoying it.I was inspired by the show and try to live the life...minus the drugs and the bad guys.................................................................:thumbsup:I'm living my own fantasy.

Nice posts guys and thanks for the photos.Nice cars and as long as you take care of them' date=' who cares if its a North American or an import. Take pride in your ride...I too live the life and possibly a bit more than many of you. My 24 year obsession with the show has led me to my dream of owning the boat. I actually live the life each summer and have been doing it for many years (now with the actual boat). I live at the Marina each summer and travel around the lake to different locations. I live right on the boat in my slip at the Marina.I own a pair of real Wayfarers. I own a Gold Rolex Oyster Day/Date watch just like Crockett'sI drive a few fancy cars but am actually looking to buy the Ferrari Daytona very soon.I dress much like Crockett did with the shoes and jackets with the "T's" etc.I have a carefree style and am still single (at my age??) and enjoying it.I was inspired by the show and try to live the life...minus the drugs and the bad guys.................................................................:thumbsup:I'm living my own fantasy.[/quote']Sounds pretty sweet! Owning your own speedboat has to be an absolute blast!

I suppose its a "GUY" thing there LMD????You could put glass bricks in your living room or den or paint your rooms pastel and that might be your Vice thing????What do you say?

I'd like Jurrasic Narc to drive me in his Daytona to your Boat for a ride! Would be a dream!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Come on up guys. You are welcome anytime!Boat is coming out of heated storage in April and I am pulling the engines out for a cleanup and to fix the one transmission.Should be a good summer starting around May first weekend so anytime after that.

• 1 month later...

Besides looking for clothes from the series, and pastel t-shirts, I'm now looking around for some "VICE STYLE" plants. One was absolutely beautiful, as I've never seen anything like it before, but it was all red. That would seriously clash with the light pastels at my place.

I've also fixed up the third bathroom with an "ISLAND" motif with a beautiful picture of a white sandy beach and palm trees, wicker, teak, bamboo, etc. Still not sure what to do for the plant. I want it to have a VICE look. I'd like it to be pretty nice sized for an indoor plant. Perhaps another palm.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Dude, I did show you pictures of my place. I posted them on this and the other site, remember? I just want to replace the one plant that died.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Don Henley's "Building The Perfect Beast"' date=' is a prime example, even though no tracks from it were used in the show, although "Boys of Summer" should have been.[/quote']digging up an old post, getting off topic, and talking about music--3 of my favorite things, and it's what i'm doing here:i love this cd, lar! "boys of summer" could have been used, too. and howabout "driving with your eyes closed"?:radio::radio::radio:

• 5 weeks later...

I made good, and posted pictures of my place on a different thread. :thumbsup: 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I made good' date=' and posted pictures of my place on a different thread.[/quote']Thanks...I was reminded 'again' that our basement project will be starting soon...Home Depot closed-out many stores recently, and through careful negotiating, I was able to acquire Pittsburg Corning / Decora-styled glass block at less than a buck each....(25 cases)...needless to say the partially gl-blocked walled shower plans, quickly changed to full arch wall...ironically, the wall will also serve as an architectual feature of the entertainment room...(with privacy curtain...) but not actually taking showers while entertaining...added the slow phased LED lights which really work well to change the entire wall of glass to 5 different color arrays over a period of about 5 minutes.....ColorGlo brand lights.

HOLY CRAP! If only I had your good fortune. That sounds like an incredible deal, and wish I had the glass block, and the LED's to light it up.    Lucky....

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Well I can relate to this, bigtime. And while I dont so much live a MV fantasy life, it is parts of my fantasy life. I pretty much live my life like it is still the 80s. And I live in Augusta GA, which is a place where if you arent part of the sheep masses, everyone thinks your weird. Fine, think Im weird. I love MV not only because it was and still is a great show, definatly one of the best shows in TV history, it is also a great look at how the 80s were.I think it is the best definition of the 80s, excepting music videos from back then. I dont walk around dressed like a character from the show, but If was in the background of an episode, I wouldnt look out of place at all. I still have the 80s hair ( short on the left side and back, right bangs to my chin, shaved underneath.) I try to buy only 80s looking clothes ( I loved v-neck shirts back then, and fortunaly those are pretty common), Ive always been a t-shirt and jeans type of guy, I got my Doc Martens and my Chucks I wear all the time. I still wear a Levis jean Jacket with pins on it ( I wish I had some MV ones, all I have are band pins). And most of all I love 80s music, I am real big into the New Wave bands, and the glam metal stuff. My fave bands being The Cure, Motley Crue, Depeche Mode, and Cinderella. People that see my collection always make the comment, did you just stop buying new music in 91 or what ? If a band that was big back then has a new cd, Ill get it. But there arent many modern bands I like, Nine Inch Nails being one exception, but I rather think they have gotten to suck on their recent cds.I dont know what all that says about me, if Im hung up being a teenager then, I dont care really, Im happy with my life and live it the way I want too.People either get it or they dont, if they get it fine, if not I dont care either.One thing I find strange is people tend to think Im gay, Im far from that, and have no problem with gay men, I think its the hair, I dunno.I do have a great girlfriend named Karen, while she isnt stuck in the 80s like I am, she doesnt mind it so much, and in fact thats why she approached me in a bar one nite and started talking to me !!!!!!And I love the 80s movies, all of them !! All the John Hughes movies, all the horror from back then was great as well !!!!! One thing that lead me to post here was I noticed alot of you guys love all the above things as well, so I felt I fit right in !!!!!trey

Let me add to the above as well, I am never ever with out a pair of Wayfarer knock offs, ever. Its kind like my trade mark for people that know me.Why knockoffs? I have had 2 pairs of the real deal, and I lost the first in a week, and the second I broke in about a month. So, I get the cheap ones. I have a stock of them too , about 16 pairs, all in black !!!!!trey

Trey, You couldn't fit in more! Many of us are like this. I'M like this. Nearly all the music I like is from the 80's. I like Bronski Beat, Erasure, Phil Collins, Pet Shot Boys, ZZ top, and just about any synth pop or group from the 80s.

I LIVE the 80s every day, and dress it also. I had more fun in the 80's, and don't mind staying there. You are one of us. You BELONG here!! THIS is your new home.

-COOP :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Hey Trey, I am about an hour from you. I live in Greenwood, S.C. It is nice to know there is a fellow Vicer close by. Welcome!

I have a pair of rayban wavfarers that is dark purple and dark pink. the closets I could find to something like Miami Vice. also hanging by the beach during sunset. :cheers:

While all of my civilian policework was in MO, my military policework took me to a number of places in and out of the country. Between the two, I lived many aspects of the MV episodes in real life. In fact, the original MV series helped maintain my interest in law enforcement and kept me motivated while I recovered from serious service-connected injuries (disabled-retired from the Army - 1983). After a few years of reconstructive and corrective surgeries, as well as physical rehab and therapy, I got back into police work in 1987, but as a civilian. Over the years, I often dressed up in light suit jackets, pullovers and jeans or gabardine slacks, drove my 78 Formula Firebird or my 68 VW Carmen Ghia convertible and when I strapped on my off-duty weapon I sometimes thought of Sonny Crockett and wished my career was more exciting, like the series, but for me it was marred by the knowledge that MV wasn't realistic, and I was stuck in reality. Despite the motivation and entertainment it provided, it's hard for me to be a super fan of the show because I see so many procedural errors and operational inconsistencies, so in some ways my interest in and pursuit of the MV lifestyle ruined my ability to fully appreciate the MV lifestyle......... Now that I'm retired again, I have a lot of non-MV related hobbies to spend my money on; ATVing, 4-wheeling, fishing, metal detecting, as well as a few that could be related to MV; boating, combat shooting & music. I admire the ambiance of MV and it would be fun to live surrounded by those items and images, but except for possibly moving down to a Gold Coast marina and living on a sailboat when my wife retires, I won't do much more than watch my collection of episodes periodically and keep my off-white linen jacket cleaned and pressed for the occasional outing. You guys sound like you're having fun incorporating the fantasy into your reality, and I wish you a lot of enjoyment in that. But one thing I get a kick out of is thinking about pretending to be someone that someone else was pretending to be for a tv show....... ;) Somehow it all just makes sense.............. :cool: