MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

CROCKETT AND TUBBS RULE!The clothes STILL look cool today! It's a classic. Classic never goes out of style. :thumbsup:

I totally agree with Coop, Aussiefan & CharlieGlide. In Florida, I'm sick of seeing flipflops, tank tops & shorts....even on Easter Sunday in Church!I wore my white blazer, mauve shirt & tan slacks. I played a gig that day, and people commented : "You always wear such nice shirts." It made me feel good!

I totally agree with Coop' date=' Aussiefan & CharlieGlide. In Florida, I'm sick of seeing flipflops, tank tops & shorts....even on Easter Sunday in Church!I wore my white blazer, mauve shirt & tan slacks. I played a gig that day, and people commented : "You always wear such nice shirts." It made me feel good![/quote']You always look sharp Tony D! It's too bad these people don't know what it feels like to look good on the outside, and that translates to you feeling good on the inside! :thumbsup:Clothes help make the man. You are what you wear.

I totally agree with Coop' date=' Aussiefan & CharlieGlide. In Florida, I'm sick of seeing flipflops, tank tops & shorts....even on Easter Sunday in Church!I wore my white blazer, mauve shirt & tan slacks. I played a gig that day, and people commented : "You always wear such nice shirts." It made me feel good![/quote']Well said Tony D:thumbsup::clap:

Castillo-style lunchI love the scene in Golden Triangle where upon the Vice crew are seated at a restaurant table with Castillo as he disects the case against General Lao Lee. How many of us imagined sitting at that table?!With this in mind, I had the idea of going by myself to a late afternoon lunch to either Chinese or Thai food. It's something I imagine Castillo doing. I think the restaurant in this seen is Thai, but I wanted Chinese, plus, it works-in well with one of my all-time favorite lines in Miami Vice: "We'd like one Howie Wong. To go." I picked a joint called The Golden Dragon (perfect name!) and headed over around 2pm. I figured I'd miss the lunch rush and confine myself to as solitary an experience as possible...again, channeling Castillo.To round out the lunch, I played a CD I burned a few weeks ago for the drive over; all ubiquitous Jan Hammer tunes: Candy, Rain, and of course, Golden Triangle. The food was good and the service was what I wanted. I sat down and a waiter immediately gave me my own tea kettle, small cup, and no small talk. I love when a waiter can read the customer and knows when small talk is not part of the day's program.A good, spare, independent Castillo lunch.Anyone else done this with Vice in mind? Or am I just that obsessed?

• Like 1

Castillo-style lunchI love the scene in Golden Triangle where upon the Vice crew are seated at a restaurant table with Castillo as he disects the case against General Lao Lee. How many of us imagined sitting at that table?!With this in mind, I had the idea of going by myself to a late afternoon lunch to either Chinese or Thai food. It's something I imagine Castillo doing. I think the restaurant in this scene is Thai, but I wanted Chinese, plus, it works-in well with one of my all-time favorite lines in "Golden Triangle" and Miami Vice: "We'd like one Howie Wong. To go." I picked a joint called The Golden Dragon (perfect name!) and headed over around 2pm. I figured I'd miss the lunch crowd and confine myself to as solitary an experience as possible...again, channeling Castillo.To round out the lunch, I played a CD I burned a few weeks ago for the drive over; all ubiquitous Jan Hammer tunes: Candy, Rain, and of course, Golden Triangle. The food was good and the service was what I wanted: dry and simple. No chit chat. I sat down and a waiter immediately gave me my own tea kettle, small cup, and no small talk. I love when a waiter can read the customer and knows when small talk is not part of the day's program.A good, spare, independent Castillo lunch.Anyone else done this with Vice in mind? Or am I just that obsessed?

I love the scene in Golden Triangle where upon the Vice crew are seated at a restaurant table with Castillo as he disects the case against General Lao Lee. How many of us imagined sitting at that table?!

Sorry for the double post. Couldn't figure out how delete the first one. Noticed a spelling error I didn't like!

I love the scene in Golden Triangle where upon the Vice crew are seated at a restaurant table with Castillo as he disects the case against General Lao Lee. How many of us imagined sitting at that table?!With this in mind' date=' I had the idea of going by myself to a late afternoon lunch to either Chinese or Thai food. It's something I imagine Castillo doing. I think the restaurant in this seen is Thai, but I wanted Chinese, plus, it works-in well with one of my all-time favorite lines in Miami Vice: "We'd like one Howie Wong. To go." I picked a joint called The Golden Dragon (perfect name!) and headed over around 2pm. I figured I'd miss the lunch rush and confine myself to as solitary an experience as possible...again, channeling Castillo.To round out the lunch, I played a CD I burned a few weeks ago for the drive over; all ubiquitous Jan Hammer tunes: Candy, Rain, and of course, Golden Triangle. The food was good and the service was what I wanted. I sat down and a waiter immediately gave me my own tea kettle, small cup, and no small talk. I love when a waiter can read the customer and knows when small talk is not part of the day's program.A good, spare, independent Castillo lunch.Anyone else done this with Vice in mind? Or am I just that obsessed?[/quote']Your talking to the guy who wrote the book on VICE OBSESSION! :)I applaud you sir!! :clap::clap:I have not done what you have done, but I absolutely LOVE the idea!I did however go up to a hotdog vendor for luch during a break. When I was next in line, the guy wanted to know if I wanted a hot dog. I said, "Make it two". I then proceeded to put what I recall Crockett putting on his, onions and I shook some pepper on to it. .....Couldn't find a convertible vette to toss one of the tubes of "mystery meat" into it's back seat, so I ate the second one too. ;):)PLEASE, keep doing the vice things like you are doing, even if it's just so you can say you did it, and report back to us on this thread! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Great job CharlieGlide!

Another cool story, Charlie. I have to say since I've been on the forum, I've been on the lookout for, and noticing, things that remind me of MV. I've taken note of art deco buildings, pastel color clothes, etc... Funny, I just had Thai for lunch today but, alas, not alone.I also have to admit that, while I don't wear flip flops much, and usually wear button ups, polos, and now a henley (Coop :thumbsup:), I do wear shorts ALOT, and I don't think I look like a slob or anything like that. People visit and live at the beach for the casual lifestyle. I've been in nice restaurants where my wife and I dropped near a $100 for a long slow dinner with a great ocean view, and most people in the place are very casual, many in shorts and some in flip flops. Just enjoying the moment. Don't get me wrong, I know how to dress appropriately. A couple of years back at my sister-in-laws wedding in NYC I was in a new jacket and tie, as was my son, and I was probably underdressed! Almost all the men had full suits on! That just doesn't happen much here in SoCal. It's just more casual. It's like Hawaii. Every Friday business men wear aloha shirts with their dress pants. It's considered acceptable, like Bermuda with their shorts and ties. The climate plays a role. I was in a nice restaurant in Key West years ago and saw mostly shorts.I think the tatoos and piercings and even those ear tube things are generational. I work with teenagers every day so I've seen ALOT, but many of my younger colleagues now have these things. Many of them have masters degrees and one even has a doctorate, and they have all kinds of tattoos, even sleeves, nose piercings, etc... Not saying it's for me, but times change. After all Crocketts t-shirts with unconstructed jackets, stubble, and lack of socks would have been considered very casual in the mid 80's, wouldn't it have been?

I love the scene in Golden Triangle where upon the Vice crew are seated at a restaurant table with Castillo as he disects the case against General Lao Lee. How many of us imagined sitting at that table?!With this in mind' date=' I had the idea of going by myself to a late afternoon lunch to either Chinese or Thai food. It's something I imagine Castillo doing. I think the restaurant in this seen is Thai, but I wanted Chinese, plus, it works-in well with one of my all-time favorite lines in Miami Vice: "We'd like one Howie Wong. To go." I picked a joint called The Golden Dragon (perfect name!) and headed over around 2pm. I figured I'd miss the lunch rush and confine myself to as solitary an experience as possible...again, channeling Castillo.To round out the lunch, I played a CD I burned a few weeks ago for the drive over; all ubiquitous Jan Hammer tunes: Candy, Rain, and of course, Golden Triangle. The food was good and the service was what I wanted. I sat down and a waiter immediately gave me my own tea kettle, small cup, and no small talk. I love when a waiter can read the customer and knows when small talk is not part of the day's program.A good, spare, independent Castillo lunch.Anyone else done this with Vice in mind? Or am I just that obsessed?[/quote']Love your lunch story Charlie.:cool:I nearly always think of "out where the buses don't run" when I have a lunch at the boat club. The line "a hit at the ocean club" always comes to mind. Makes me smile, people probably think I,m mad, smiling to myself. Just Miami Vice obsessed.Wherever I am in town, near the water especially, I'll think that would be a could back drop for a vice scene or Crockett and Tubbs would have talked here.Anyway thats enough from me, thanks again for sharing your Miami Vice/Castillo lunch:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway thats enough from me, thanks again for sharing your Miami Vice/Castillo lunch:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A hit........at theEingefügtes BildSee my Las Vegas VICE photos below.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15998-COOP-s-LAS-VEGAS-quot-VICE-quot-VACATION-PHOTOS!

Am writing this after a few very, very busy days. A lot of work and some family issues. Is 19:00 here in South East Queensland now. Just wanted to unwind, in a vice inspired way. So as I write this I am enjoying a nice montecritso#2 with a Jack Daniels, neat of course, and a mixture of Don Johnson and Jan Hammer playing in the background. And enjoying Miami Vice Online, of course.:cheers:Thanks to this site for taking me back to vice and the 80's.Cheers to everyone.

Am writing this after a few very' date=' very busy days. A lot of work and some family issues. Is 19:00 here in South East Queensland now. Just wanted to unwind, in a vice inspired way. So as I write this I am enjoying a nice montecritso#2 with a Jack Daniels, neat of course, and a mixture of Don Johnson and Jan Hammer playing in the background. And enjoying Miami Vice Online, of course.:cheers:Thanks to this site for taking me back to vice and the 80's.Cheers to everyone.[/quote']Cheers mate!:cheers:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6VEJKd1aA

Cheers mate!:cheers:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6VEJKd1aA

Thanks for your reply, mate.:thumbsup:Austen Tayshus - Australiana is still soooo funny.:D

Am writing this after a few very' date=' very busy days. A lot of work and some family issues. Is 19:00 here in South East Queensland now. Just wanted to unwind, in a vice inspired way. So as I write this I am enjoying a nice montecritso#2 with a Jack Daniels, neat of course, and a mixture of Don Johnson and Jan Hammer playing in the background. And enjoying Miami Vice Online, of course.:cheers:Thanks to this site for taking me back to vice and the 80's.Cheers to everyone.[/quote']Here's to YOU aussiefan! :tasse::clap:

:D:D I got to do it again!I was walking past a new neighbor's home, when he was driving up with groceries. He was proud to have just moved in, and told me he was new in town, and just started moving in two days ago. He commented he liked the weather in California, as it was too hot in Arizona from where he came. I was wearing my wayfarers, white henley, and light powder blue linen blazer. He put out his hand and said, "So, what's your name?" :) (....yeah, yeah....I did it again :)) I shook his hand and said, "Hi, my name's Sonny.":D:D:clap::thumbsup:CLASSIC!

Brilliant COOPS :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:But do you give your surname as Crockett or Burnett?:D

So far' date=' I've never given out a last name. It just never came up (most people when meeting for the first time don't ask for a last name). If it does come up sometime, it will be Crockett. Perhaps I'll give a last name next time!I've told people I'm James. (as in James Sonny Crockett) and I've told people my name is Sonny before. What the hell.....who's gonna know? ......except [u']US! :clap::D

US! :clap::D

Very true. I will try that myself soon.:thumbsup:Years ago I was once asked my name and adress when purchasing items at a store. I told them I was John Watson from 221b Baker Street. They didn't even blink.:)

Very true. I will try that myself soon.:thumbsup:Years ago I was once asked my name and adress when purchasing items at a store. I told them I was John Watson from 221b Baker Street. They didn't even blink.:)

Great job Pal! By the way, who is John Watson?

Great job Pal! By the way' date=' who is John Watson?[/quote']Dr John Watson. Sherlock Holmes' assistant.

Dr John Watson. Sherlock Holmes' assistant.

:) I never really knew Watson's first name. I've only known him as "Watson".

Miami Vice lunchMy wife and I really like the salads at a place called HoSum Bistro. Not only is the food excellent, but the place hasn't changed since the late-'80s. But the owners still keep it current by moving art work by locals in and out. Most of it is c-grade modern art, but some of it's pretty good. Inside, the joint has bright white tile floors, glass blocks and high glass windows looking out on the boulevard. Bright pastel accents are painted here and there. There's always actions around there and it feels like you're on the set of a hip and busy restaurant scene of Vice. I could wear my white blaze there an no one would bat an eye. It would be expected.One of my favorite parts HoSum is the fake bamboo palms they have scattered about. Brings my right back to my favorite period of life. Here's a link to the restaurant with some pics:http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Ho+Sum+Bistro+Newport+Beach&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Ho+Sum+Bistro+Newport+Beach&hnear=Ho+Sum+Bistro+Newport+Beach&cid=17897168943776026610&ei=RO2pT6zVIqes2wWb36CmAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=photo-link&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CA0QnwIoADAA