MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Hey Charlie,Cool story. I'm pretty sure that's the same corner of Newport Blvd. that my buddy from college and I used to stop at the supermarket across the street. The market had a generic soda machine for a quarter, and we would grab a bunch before we went kayaking all over the bay. Then when we were tired we would get cheap New York style pizza slices at a place near the fun zone where the Balboa ferry loaded. Not much money in those days. It looks sooo familiar, but this was the early 90's so I could be wrong. Nice nostalgic feeling. Thanks!

I teach high school English, and sometimes I put my notes on the Promethean Board. A Promethean board or Smart board enables you to connect your laptop and show what is on your screen to the students on a large white board that is interactive. I gave a presentation recently, and as background music, I added "Crockett's Theme". Most of the students liked it, and some of them wanted to know where it came from and who wrote it. :DI try to inject some Vice style and music into my students' lives. Most of them could stand a wardrobe change and music selection to something Vicelike. :)

Hey Charlie' date='Cool story. I'm pretty sure that's the same corner of Newport Blvd. that my buddy from college and I used to stop at the supermarket across the street. The market had a generic soda machine for a quarter, and we would grab a bunch before we went kayaking all over the bay. Then when we were tired we would get cheap New York style pizza slices at a place near the fun zone where the Balboa ferry loaded. Not much money in those days. It looks sooo familiar, but this was the early 90's so I could be wrong. Nice nostalgic feeling. Thanks![/quote']Yep. You're probably thinking of what is now a Pavilions market. Before that it was an Albertson's and way back in the day, a Market Basket. The pizza joint your thinking of is Pizza Pete's. It's still there. I took my nephew from Spain there last summer. One thing that's consistant about that area is that it always stinks, usually a little back-up provided by the bay's tide.

I teach high school English' date=' and sometimes I put my notes on the Promethean Board. A Promethean board or Smart board enables you to connect your laptop and show what is on your screen to the students on a large white board that is interactive. I gave a presentation recently, and as background music, I added "Crockett's Theme". Most of the students liked it, and some of them wanted to know where it came from and who wrote it. :DI try to inject some Vice style and music into my students' lives. Most of them could stand a wardrobe change and music selection to something Vicelike. :)[/quote']That's great, Scot. It's great when you see someone get interested in something -- particularly music -- when it's outside of their typical field of appreciation. You can usually spot if someone's using their brain when they aren't afraid to pursue something outside their immediate comfort zone. Keep up the good work!

I teach high school English' date=' and sometimes I put my notes on the Promethean Board. A Promethean board or Smart board enables you to connect your laptop and show what is on your screen to the students on a large white board that is interactive. I gave a presentation recently, and as background music, I added "Crockett's Theme". Most of the students liked it, and some of them wanted to know where it came from and who wrote it. :DI try to inject some Vice style and music into my students' lives. Most of them could stand a wardrobe change and music selection to something Vicelike. :)[/quote']ATTA BOY!!! :clap:THAT'S THE SPIRIT! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing' date=' CharlieGlide. :thumbsup:I love your little short stories. :happy:[/quote']I do too! I read every one of 'em!

Yep. You're probably thinking of what is now a Pavilions market. Before that it was an Albertson's and way back in the day' date=' a Market Basket. The pizza joint your thinking of is Pizza Pete's. It's still there. I took my nephew from Spain there last summer. One thing that's consistant about that area is that it always stinks, usually a little back-up provided by the bay's tide.[/quote']Hey Charlie,Eerie flashback! :eek: Pizza Pete's was it, and it did smell of brackish water around there. There was a music store across the street I liked to poke around in, too. They had a larger than average reggae collection and I bought quite a bit from them. I was thinking the market was an Albertson's, but wasn't certain, and I haven't heard the name Market Basket in 20 years. More nostalgic feelings. My wife and I were married in the 90's on the Pavilion Queen and the reception was at the Balboa Pavilion. The boats gone now, but we still go down there a couple of times a year. I'll have to stop at the restaurant you like and check out the decor and grab a salad!Is that your nephew in the photo?

Hey Charlie' date='Is that your nephew in the photo?[/quote']Nope, not my nephew. The dude on the left was in an episode of Vice. See if you can guess who it is.

Nope' date=' not my nephew. The dude on the left was in an episode of Vice. See if you can guess who it is.[/quote']Don't worry, I won't tell him. I just wanted to say once again that I think your so cool for having met, and had a picture with him! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Your VERY cool. :thumbsup:

Nope' date=' not my nephew. The dude on the left was in an episode of Vice. See if you can guess who it is.[/quote']Small picture, so it's hard to tell. Is it the actor who played Sagot in One Way Ticket? French-Canadian actor, I think.

One Way Ticket? French-Canadian actor, I think.

YOU BEAST, YOU!Yes. That's Lothaire Bluteau. He's really cool. He came in to read for a part on a tv show I was working on and I recognized him right away. I wanted to say something to him and all that, but there were other actors around reading for the same part, so I bit my tongue in order to not make the others uncomfortable. I was ticked I didn't go out after his audition and introduce myself in the parking lot, but that's life, I thought at the time. Missed opportunities.Then, a few weeks later, I'm walking by a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf with my wife in West Hollywood and I spotted him outside, reading a book.I went over and said, "Excuse me, were you in an episode of Miami Vice?"He was literally speachless, throwing his head back with his mouth agape. He couldn't believe I called him out for Vice.We talked a little tv -- he's got a pretty good little gig doing bit parts here and there -- then I bid adieu...however you spell it.After that, I must've bumped into him at least three times around West Hollywood. One time, I was waiting at a crosswalk, and who comes biking up behind me to cross? You guessed it. Sagot himself.Well done, Pahonu.

YOU BEAST' date=' YOU!Yes. That's Lothaire Bluteau. He's really cool. He came in to read for a part on a tv show I was working on and I recognized him right away. I wanted to say something to him and all that, but there were other actors around reading for the same part, so I bit my tongue in order to not make the others uncomfortable. I was ticked I didn't go out after his audition and introduce myself in the parking lot, but that's life, I thought at the time. Missed opportunities.Then, a few weeks later, I'm walking by a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf with my wife in West Hollywood and I spotted him outside, reading a book.I went over and said, "Excuse me, were you in an episode of Miami Vice?"He was literally speachless, throwing his head back with his mouth agape. He couldn't believe I called him out for Vice.We talked a little tv -- he's got a pretty good little gig doing bit parts here and there -- then I bid adieu...however you spell it.After that, I must've bumped into him at least three times around West Hollywood. One time, I was waiting at a crosswalk, and who comes biking up behind me to cross? You guessed it. Sagot himself.Well done, Pahonu.[/quote']Another cool story, Charlie!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6000[/ATTACH]I'm trying to make our new home and garden more "VICE'y -what do you guys think??? What to change or to add to make it look more like places from the show????Your input and idear much apreciated! :gift:

post-1134-13892964463958_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6000[/ATTACH]I'm trying to make our new home and garden more "VICE'y -what do you guys think??? What to change or to add to make it look more like places from the show????Your input and idear much apreciated! :gift:

1. Get a tail for your dog ;)2. The palms look fine, but I'd put them in matching white pots.3. No earthtone funiture4. more pastels baby! :thumbsup:

1. Get a tail for your dog ;)2. The palms look fine' date=' but I'd put them in matching white pots.3. No earthtone funiture4. more pastels baby! :thumbsup:[/quote'] ....... 5. Neonlights for the night pal! But excelent job so far!!!:clap::clap::clap:

....... 5. Neonlights for the night pal!

How did I know you were going to say that Christian? :D:clap:

I'd also include Indoor tropical plants (perhaps one or two, too many looks wrong) like a White Bird of Paradise.

How did I know you were going to say that Christian? :D:clap:

Hahaha...!:)You just know my passions brother!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hahaha...!:)You just know my passions brother!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That I do Pal,.....that I do. :thumbsup::)

You guessed it. Sagot himself.Well done' date=' Pahonu.[/quote']Wow...a great brush with smarminess. Very lucky...Oh and Coop...can I come over for a dip in the pool?

Wow...a great brush with smarminess. Very lucky...Oh and Coop...can I come over for a dip in the pool?

Stinger, you of all people know that YOU are ALWAYS welcome to visit, and take a dip in the pool. :prost:P.S., you know the photo of the pool was posted by our member VINCELOMBARD, ...right? :)

No...sorry I was not aware of that till you pointed it out.I need to wear my spectacles more often!I hate wearing glasses but I bought a 2 dollar pair of reading glasses as lately I'm having trouble reading the newspaper and some of the small print on the laptop!Age is catching up on me fast :)

No...sorry I was not aware of that till you pointed it out.I need to wear my spectacles more often!I hate wearing glasses but I bought a 2 dollar pair of reading glasses as lately I'm having trouble reading the newspaper and some of the small print on the laptop!Age is catching up on me fast :)

Actually, for the first time, little writing is getting blurry for me now. I can see at a distance quite well still, but not up close for very small writing.Wonder if I can get some perscription Ray Ban Wayfarers? :):clap:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been stalled a bit in my Miami Vice fantasy life, so I'm making a quiet and fairly anonymous pledge here:I'm going out to a club or two in my white jacket, ala Crockett. Being 44 years old, I might look a bit too old for the 'scene' but I'm going to do it anyways. Here's the plan:My friend Drew is like a character from Vice; knows alot of people, or likes to think he does. He used to run a bunch of night clubs in the late-'80s and '90s. So, he is still pretty well known to people who go out after midnight. He's a little shifty but ultimately, has good intentions. The sort of dude who creates a great party so he can be invited to a great party (ie: his own).I'm going to get in touch with him and tell him I'd like to go out to a few places some night (he does this about four nights a week.) The goal is to come back with some good Vice-like moments and report them here. It may take a week or so, but I'm going to get it done. I hope that anyone who's following this thread will hold me to it. If you've got some good Vice-like clubbing stories, past or present, lemme hear them. Deal?