MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Today's Miami Vice fantasy life moment:I met up with a friend today for a coffee. He's really putting in some time at his job and had to take some work home with him. Concluding our meet-up, he said he had to go home and get some work done so he could head down to his friend's boat. He asked me if I wanted to join him. "Where you going?" I asked. "No where," my friend says. "We just do a thing we call 'floatin'. The boat stays docked, we invite some girls on board and have some drinks."I thought about it for a moment and Gene Simmons appearance in 'Prodigal Son' came to mind. Isn't that pretty much what he did on his boat? 'Floatin.' (And what was the fantastic name of his character?!)Since I was helping my mom out with some stuff I had to take a pass. But I like boats, so I told my friend to send me a picture. Man, after seeing a picture of that boat, I should've jetted home, thrown on my white jacket and asked for permission to "come aboard."http://pictures.sprintpcs.com//mmps/RECIPIENT/050_57530beea977a894_1/2?inviteToken=pEm4zePUmYP7iz2z8kCL&limitsize=258,258&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=.jpg&iconifyVideo=true&wm=1

For Charlie Glide...44 years is not too old for vice fashion.Your NEVER too old to look classy!As for my vice fantasy, I took my boat out in the bay today to chase my other friend around a bit. His wife was on my boat taking pictures of his boat. Unfortunately I was low on fuel, so we headed back and it was an abolutely perfect day today.As I pulled back into my slip, my next door neighbour here at the marina needed a crew to go sailing. I NEVER say NO to a boat ride so we spent the rest of the afternoon sailing with him and his wife out on the lake. It was picturesque and reminded me when Crockett took out the Endeavour into Miami Bay for a cruise (forgot what episode it was) Boat was actually a Morgan, but very close to the Endeavour just a bit shorter in length. A lot of the set-up was the same and it was simple to sail.ANYWAY.....a bad day boating is better than a good day at work, so I had a fantastic day going at a breakneck speed of 5.4 knots!Got a great tan too!!!

Hey Charlie, hey Stinger,Charlie, too bad you missed the boat. Bad pun intended. ;) Seriously, I spend more time drinking and eating in the cockpit of my Columbia than I do sailing it. That's a big part of the boating lifestyle, and if it's a nice day (and we get many here in Long Beach) there's usually at least a couple of other groups on their boats as well. Saturday we barbecued onboard and had fish tacos and some homemade guacamole and tortilla chips while the kids played in the water on my kayak. There was a young group on the Skipjack next to us we were talking to quite a bit. Yesterday we just poked around on the inflatable through the Naples canals with some drinks and snacks.Stinger, sounds like a great day on the water, and five and half knots is my hullspeed! You were flying! Does Morgan make a center cockpit?I don't know how close any of this is to Miami Vice, but I had a good weekend.

I don't know how close any of this is to Miami Vice' date=' but I had a good weekend.[/quote']Both you and Stinger were one the water. That's about as close to Vice as you can get. Crockett lived on the water...LITERALLY!Whenever I get near water, I feel like I'm a heartbeat away from Vice.

Both you and Stinger were one the water. That's about as close to Vice as you can get. Crockett lived on the water...LITERALLY!Whenever I get near water' date=' I feel like I'm a heartbeat away from Vice.[/quote']99% of the time, when I go somewhere on vacation, it's at the Ocean. It ALWAYS reminds me of MIAMI VICE.

I was walking next to the Beverly Center toady in L.A./West Hollywood. There's a Macy's store with a big window display on the corner of La Cienega and Beverly. One of the mannequins was wearing a very cool white coat, ala Crockett. Just as I'm done checking it out, I spot this dude walking past me wearing, you guessed it, a white coat with an aqua blue t-shirt underneath. Essential Crockett.It's moments like these that give me hope for the present and future.

Not too long ago, I wrote in this thread how I went by myself to a Chinese restaurant to have a quiet, undisturbed Castillo-like lunch by myself. I met a friend at the same place for lunch yesterday and took a photo of the awesome '80s era sign and architecture:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6320[/ATTACH]

post-10358-13892964641004_thumb.jpg

6320[/ATTACH]

I read the previous thread, about your lunch, which vice tastic:clap:Excellent picture and your right about the architecture:thumbsup:Sure it wasn't Castillo you met for lunch yesterday:D

Sure it wasn't Castillo you met for lunch yesterday:D

I wish I were having lunch with Castillo. Then again, he might mess up my appetite by staring me down and saying something like: "You expect understanding? Understand the job gets done."

My mini-homage to "Definitely Miami"I was biking down by the beach today and spotted a police helicopter hovering close over the water. Usually, the police helicopters just fly along the coast without hovering. Now and again, you'll see them circle over the water if a swimmer or boater is in trouble.I pulled the bike over to take a picture since it immediately gave me a Vice flashback. I'm pretty sure there's a seen in Definitely Miami where a similar police helicopter lands on the beach to take Callie away. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6325[/ATTACH]There's probably a couple other episodes that use a police helicopter, but I can't remember the titles right now (feel free to inform me here).Sadly I learned the helicopter was hovering in honor of a local 12 year old girl who passed away. It was hovering near where there was a paddle out (where surfers form a circle on their surfboards in the water to remember the person who died).

post-10358-13892964643243_thumb.jpg

6325[/ATTACH]There's probably a couple other episodes that use a police helicopter, but I can't remember the titles right now (feel free to inform me here).Sadly I learned the helicopter was hovering in honor of a local 12 year old girl who passed away. It was hovering near where there was a paddle out (where surfers form a circle on their surfboards in the water to remember the person who died).

Great photo, sad story.I remember helicopters in Golden Triangle part 2, Tale of the goat, one was seen in When Irish eyes are crying, a helicopter was seen in Theresa, also, one was seen in Cube Libre. There is a Helicopter in Line of fire, and also in Lombard, and there is also one in Miami Squeeze. Back in the world has one or two. I think there was one in The Maze.Not all are Police Helicopters, and I'm sure there are other episodes with Helicopters, these are just those that came to mind. ;)

Great photo' date=' sad story.I remember helicopters in Golden Triangle part 2, Tale of the goat, one was seen in When Irish eyes are crying, a helicopter was seen in Theresa, also, one was seen in Cube Libre. There is a Helicopter in Line of fire, and also in Lombard, and there is also one in Miami Squeeze. Back in the world has one or two. I think there was one in The Maze.Not all are Police Helicopters, and I'm sure there are other episodes with Helicopters, these are just those that came to mind. ;)[/quote']Good recall, C&B. Wasn't there one in "Borrasca" too? Or am I confusing that with "Line of Fire?"The episode where Tubbs shouts: "REESE! What the hell kinda man are you, Reese!? That man was wanted for murder!"

Good recall' date=' C&B. Wasn't there one in "Borrasca" too? Or am I confusing that with "Line of Fire?"The episode where Tubbs shouts: "REESE! What the hell kinda man are you, Reese!? That man was wanted for murder!"[/quote']Your correct, that was Borrasca. That's when Castillo shot him with a gun with a lazer light as he was escaping in a helicopter. Good call! :clap:

I was always a little put off by Castillo doing the laser shot on Brion James' character. Castillo was supposed to be by the book and an enforcer of the laws as they are written, very reluctant to bend the rules, let alone shoot a bad guy without being fired upon first.Then again, I have to remember this was late in the series and I was happy that Castillo nailed the bastard! :clap:

I was always a little put off by Castillo doing the laser shot on Brion James' character. Castillo was supposed to be by the book and an enforcer of the laws as they are written' date=' very reluctant to bend the rules, let alone shoot a bad guy without being fired upon first.Then again, I have to remember this was late in the series and I was happy that Castillo nailed the bastard! :clap:[/quote']I was thinking the same thing at first, but then, after reviewing it, Tubbs and the others were unarmed, and Borrasca pulled a gun on them...and AIMED it at them. That's when Castillo decided he needed to protect the lives of unarmed people, and shot Borrasca, not because he was getting away, but because Borrasca pulled out a gun, and aimed it at unarmed people. Castillo was justified in saving the life of people who were in immediate danger of being murdered.

I have a new neighbor. His name is Mike. He appears to be in his mid, to late 50's.He has let anyone who passes by know that he's new to the community, and what his name is. If you walk past his house, he will go outside just to say, "HI! How are you doing today. I'm new here." He's a nice enough guy, but he just likes to talk a bit too much. One neighbor was walking by his front yard while he was smoking a cig, and he said he's usual, HI! I just moved in here! Her reply without looking at him was, "Congratulations". A bit cold, but some people aren't comfortable with strangers who want to talk....endlessly. He tells everyone he's from Arizona, and just moved here.The first time he and I talked, he said, What's your name? I replied, "Sonny". He said, Hi Sonny, I'm Mike. Not really remembering whom he has spoken to, as he tries to talke to everyone, He introduced himself to me again at one point. I told him, Yeah, I'm Sonny, remember, we talked before?On sunday, I was just pulling up to my home, and he was walking by smoking his cig. Darn, he's going to want to talk again, as always. Nice guy, but, I don't want to talk every single time I see him. So, I hung out in my car without getting out for a little while, pretending to be busy with something in the car. However,....he stood there and waited for me to get out of my car so he could....talk. Eventually, I got out, and He said, "How you doing today? I said, "fine, thanks, Happy Father's day." He thanked me, and noticed I was wearing a suit and tie. He said, "Looks like your just getting off from work. So, where do you work?" To me, that's just too personal, so I took a line Crockett said in HOOKER BY CROOK and said, "Ahhh, I do a little of this, and a little of that". He seemed a bit bummed that I didn't tell him what I do for a living, but tried to make small talk again, but, after being as kind as I could, I just put on my Wayfarers, and politely as I could, try to end the conversation as I walked to my front door. Luckily, other neighbors were just taking their dog for a walk, and he turned to them and said, "Hi!" How are you two doing?" That was chance to escape, and I took it! :) I'm going to go as far as I can in my Crockett character with him just for fun. On my days off, I'm dressed as Crockett, so that helps with the illusion too.Perhaps next time we talk, perhaps I'll say "I have a son, Billy. He's 8". Not sure what I'll come up with, but I'll stretch it a bit further next time just for my own amusement. :):thumbsup:

I have a new neighbor. His name is Mike. He appears to be in his mid' date=' to late 50's.He has let anyone who passes by know that he's new to the community, and what his name is. If you walk past his house, he will go outside just to say, "HI! How are you doing today. I'm new here." He's a nice enough guy, but he just likes to talk a bit too much. One neighbor was walking by his front yard while he was smoking a cig, and he said he's usual, HI! I just moved in here! Her reply without looking at him was, "Congratulations". A bit cold, but some people aren't comfortable with strangers who want to talk....endlessly. He tells everyone he's from Arizona, and just moved here.The first time he and I talked, he said, What's your name? I replied, "Sonny". He said, Hi Sonny, I'm Mike. Not really remembering whom he has spoken to, as he tries to talke to everyone, He introduced himself to me again at one point. I told him, Yeah, I'm Sonny, remember, we talked before?On sunday, I was just pulling up to my home, and he was walking by smoking his cig. Darn, he's going to want to talk again, as always. Nice guy, but, I don't want to talk every single time I see him. So, I hung out in my car without getting out for a little while, pretending to be busy with something in the car. However,....he stood there and waited for me to get out of my car so he could....talk. Eventually, I got out, and He said, "How you doing today? I said, "fine, thanks, Happy Father's day." He thanked me, and noticed I was wearing a suit and tie. He said, "Looks like your just getting off from work. So, where do you work?" To me, that's just too personal, so I took a line Crockett said in HOOKER BY CROOK and said, "Ahhh, I do a little of this, and a little of that". He seemed a bit bummed that I didn't tell him what I do for a living, but tried to make small talk again, but, after being as kind as I could, I just put on my Wayfarers, and politely as I could, try to end the conversation as I walked to my front door. Luckily, other neighbors were just taking their dog for a walk, and he turned to them and said, "Hi!" How are you two doing?" That was chance to escape, and I took it! :) I'm going to go as far as I can in my Crockett character with him just for fun. On my days off, I'm dressed as Crockett, so that helps with the illusion too.Perhaps next time we talk, perhaps I'll say "I have a son, Billy. He's 8". Not sure what I'll come up with, but I'll stretch it a bit further next time just for my own amusement. :):thumbsup:[/quote']Hahaha nice and very entertaining story COOP!I was smiling almost the whole time I read it...:thumbsup::)I'd love to hear more from you playing your Crockett part!Maybe you shoud change the character from time to time (Castillo, Swi,Tubbs,) perhaps Mike will think your kind of a phycho and leave you alone.:)

I have a new neighbor. His name is Mike. He appears to be in his mid' date=' to late 50's.He has let anyone who passes by know that he's new to the community, and what his name is. If you walk past his house, he will go outside just to say, "HI! How are you doing today. I'm new here." He's a nice enough guy, but he just likes to talk a bit too much. One neighbor was walking by his front yard while he was smoking a cig, and he said he's usual, HI! I just moved in here! Her reply without looking at him was, "Congratulations". A bit cold, but some people aren't comfortable with strangers who want to talk....endlessly. He tells everyone he's from Arizona, and just moved here.The first time he and I talked, he said, What's your name? I replied, "Sonny". He said, Hi Sonny, I'm Mike. Not really remembering whom he has spoken to, as he tries to talke to everyone, He introduced himself to me again at one point. I told him, Yeah, I'm Sonny, remember, we talked before?On sunday, I was just pulling up to my home, and he was walking by smoking his cig. Darn, he's going to want to talk again, as always. Nice guy, but, I don't want to talk every single time I see him. So, I hung out in my car without getting out for a little while, pretending to be busy with something in the car. However,....he stood there and waited for me to get out of my car so he could....talk. Eventually, I got out, and He said, "How you doing today? I said, "fine, thanks, Happy Father's day." He thanked me, and noticed I was wearing a suit and tie. He said, "Looks like your just getting off from work. So, where do you work?" To me, that's just too personal, so I took a line Crockett said in HOOKER BY CROOK and said, "Ahhh, I do a little of this, and a little of that". He seemed a bit bummed that I didn't tell him what I do for a living, but tried to make small talk again, but, after being as kind as I could, I just put on my Wayfarers, and politely as I could, try to end the conversation as I walked to my front door. Luckily, other neighbors were just taking their dog for a walk, and he turned to them and said, "Hi!" How are you two doing?" That was chance to escape, and I took it! :) I'm going to go as far as I can in my Crockett character with him just for fun. On my days off, I'm dressed as Crockett, so that helps with the illusion too.Perhaps next time we talk, perhaps I'll say "I have a son, Billy. He's 8". Not sure what I'll come up with, but I'll stretch it a bit further next time just for my own amusement. :):thumbsup:[/quote']Great story COOP. I guess you play the part very well. You have to give us updates if you have the possibility to stretch this further :D

ave a son, Billy. He's 8". Not sure what I'll come up with, but I'll stretch it a bit further next time just for my own amusement. :):thumbsup:

...and a Fiance Chloe, she's a beautiful English girl...(ala Theresa) Nice post Mr C & B made me smile plenty : )

...and a Fiance Chloe' date=' she's a beautiful English girl...(ala Theresa) Nice post Mr C & B made me smile plenty : )[/quote']May I use the name "Chloe" instead? ;)

Hahaha nice and very entertaining story COOP!I was smiling almost the whole time I read it...:thumbsup::)I'd love to hear more from you playing your Crockett part!Maybe you shoud change the character from time to time (Castillo' date=' Swi,Tubbs,) perhaps Mike will think your kind of a phycho and leave you alone.:)[/quote']That's a funny idea. I'll continue with the Crockett persona, and see where it takes me. :)(Actually, I'm hoping I DON'T run into him anytime soon.) :)

Great story COOP. I guess you play the part very well. You have to give us updates if you have the possibility to stretch this further :D

I do play the part well, and I'm bringing out my inner Crockett, like I have for decades. If I can find a way to stretch it further, I'll absolutely let you, and everyone know. :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing at first' date=' but then, after reviewing it, Tubbs and the others were unarmed, and Borrasca pulled a gun on them...and AIMED it at them. That's when Castillo decided he needed to protect the lives of unarmed people, and shot Borrasca, not because he was getting away, but because Borrasca pulled out a gun, and aimed it at unarmed people. Castillo was justified in saving the life of people who were in immediate danger of being murdered.[/quote']Nice. I wrote my evaluation without pulling up the episode. Pretty cool story telling to have Castillo rescue Tubbs from a distance. Even though it's season five, the writers made sure Castillo was still in character by working wisely and within the law. And the twist recalls Castillo's stealth workings while in the Golden Triangle. Brilliant!