MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Nice. I wrote my evaluation without pulling up the episode. Pretty cool story telling to have Castillo rescue Tubbs from a distance. Even though it's season five' date=' the writers made sure Castillo was still in character by working wisely and within the law. And the twist recalls Castillo's stealth workings while in the Golden Triangle. Brilliant![/quote']YEP! But my first reaction was the exact same as yours. I figured Castillo shot him because he was getting away, and he took justice into his own hands, because he felt it was right. However, reviewing it, it wasn't exactly that way. He was within the law. Castillo always does the right thing! Love that guy... :thumbsup:

I'm going to go as far as I can in my Crockett character with him just for fun. On my days off' date=' I'm dressed as Crockett, so that helps with the illusion too.[/quote']I challenge you to use lines from Miami Vice in each conversation. It will be tricky, but I'm sure you know enough to work them into the conversations you have with Mike the Neighbor. For instance, if he's getting on your nerves, you can say, "I think you're a bad dream, baby. I just wanna wake up and find you...gone."Then again, sounds like he's a little lonely and is looking for friends. Ergo: "I thought we were partners. No, more then that. Friends."

I challenge you to use lines from Miami Vice in each conversation. It will be tricky' date=' but I'm sure you know enough to work them into the conversations you have with Mike the Neighbor. For instance, if he's getting on your nerves, you can say, "I think you're a bad dream, baby. I just wanna wake up and find you...gone."Then again, sounds like he's a little lonely and is looking for friends. Ergo: "I thought we were partners. No, more then that. Friends."[/quote']I'll try.:)He appears to live alone, and most likely is just loney. I picture him offering me in for a beer. I don't want to hurt his feelings, I just want either shorter conversations, or to not start one. I don't have a problem with him, he seems like a nice guy.I'm certain I can come up with a multitude of lines from MIAMI VICE, or somehow fit it in, in any conversation at some point.For you CharlieGlide, I'll actually try it. :) Just so you know, I don't see him everyday, as we have differnet hours of work, and different days off, and I'm inside on this website for hours, but I'll try to do this for you when we bump into each other. :thumbsup:

I'll try.:)He appears to live alone' date=' and most likely is just loney. I picture him offering me in for a beer. I don't want to hurt his feelings, I just want either shorter conversations, or to not start one.For you CharlieGlide, I'll actually try it.[/quote']I used to have a neighbor who could out-talk with the best of them. It was like that show "Home Improvement" with the neighbor who would pop up over the fence. My neighbor did the same thing when he heard noise coming from my place.My friend was over once and got tired of the dude poking his head in. So my friend starts talking to him and wouldn't shut up. I'm wondering why my friend is so suddenly engaged in so much conversation. The neighbor finally said, "Well, I better get going...got some stuff to do." He didn't engage as much since he wasn't able to control the conversation. My friend tells me afterwards, "Yeah, someone like that, you just gotta out talk them." C&B: Maybe you can turn the neighbor onto Vice and you'll have someone to watch the show with and also have a neighbor you can 'teach.' HahaLike you say, he's just lonely and probably going through a rough time. A little eager to please and make friends. I'm sure he'll calm down after a while. Kudos to you for your patience.

I used to have a neighbor who could out-talk with the best of them. It was like that show "Home Improvement" with the neighbor who would pop up over the fence. My neighbor did the same thing when he heard noise coming from my place.My friend was over once and got tired of the dude poking his head in. So my friend starts talking to him and wouldn't shut up. I'm wondering why my friend is so suddenly engaged in so much conversation. The neighbor finally said' date=' "Well, I better get going...got some stuff to do." He didn't engage as much since he wasn't able to control the conversation. My friend tells me afterwards, "Yeah, someone like that, you just gotta out talk them." C&B: Maybe you can turn the neighbor onto Vice and you'll have someone to watch the show with and also have a neighbor you can 'teach.' HahaLike you say, he's just lonely and probably going through a rough time. A little eager to please and make friends. I'm sure he'll calm down after a while. Kudos to you for your patience.[/quote']Yeah, I'm sure he's an alright guy, but I don't want to invite him in to my VICELAND. He doesn't look like someone who'd be into VICE. Again, He's not a bad guy. He's friendly, just....too friendly. I'll try to do something VICE whenever he's around. :thumbsup::)

Porsche with funny license plateI just joined a gym, choosing it in large part due to the Miami Vice experience I get whenever I go. It's steps from the nearby harbor and offers views from the stationary bike of the water and tall palm trees.It's pretty easy to imagine Crockett and Tubbs doing a stakeout near the gym, waiting for a drug dealer to 'wake up around noon...noon-thirty' and go to the gym as part of his daily routine. Yesterday, I spotted this not too shabby Porsche in the parking lot. The license plate made me laugh as I was driving by so I had to go back and take a picture.Reminds me of the license plate "NOTD WYFE."[ATTACH=CONFIG]6334[/ATTACH]

post-10358-13892964671005_thumb.jpg

I went to the doctor this morning, and at one point he looked at my Espadrilles (which have stripes) and said my shoes made him dizzy. :) Then, later, he looked at my IZZY MORENO T-SHIRT and said in a curious, but questioning voice, "....Boudior Photography?..." I explained about the shirt, and who IZZY was. I asked him if he remembered MIAMI VICE. He said It was a long time ago, and didn't remember much about it. The Doctor is younger than me, I'm guessing in his 30's.Mike, my neighbor drove up while I was looking under the hood of my car, and asked if my car needed a jump. I told him I didn't, that the battery was fine.I blew it. I just couldn't think of anything MIAMI VICE related, or lines to thow on him, as my mind just went blank. If I had time to prepare for it, I'd come up with....something, anything, but this time, my mind went blank, and I blew it. Looking forward to the next time when Mike and I bump into each other again.

Don't worry, sounds like you'll have plenty of other opportunities to engage with your friend Mike. He sounds a bit like Switek.I envision that scene in Evan where Switek is flipping through mug shots, trying to spot the character played by Al Israel. Zito is standing over Switek's shoulder 'helping.' 'Nope...no...'

I blew it again. I went to a local 4th of July parade which was in walking distance from my place, and who did I bump into? ...that's right, Mike.Once again, I couldn't come up with anything VICE to say at the 4th of July parade. I just went blank. The ONLY Vice reference is he asked me my name......again! So I told him my name was "Sonny". I was wearing linen pants, a henley type shirt, wayfarers, and a Rolex watch, but that's the extent of anything remotely VICE about that meeting.I'm starting to think that I just can't come up with a VICE thing everytime I run into him, as sometimes, it just doesn't apply. :rolleyes: I thought I could do it, but it's proving harder than I thought! I don't want to disapoint, but I'm trying. Perhaps I should just report it when I actually do it, instead of reporting that I've failed.It turns out his daughter is some kind of executive manager at some local hotspots, one is a bar, the other a Pizza joint. He was going there that evening for Pizza and beer. Suggested I come too. I thought of having a few brews and telling him Crockett tales, but, ..Naaaahhhhh.He usually smokes, is a tad bit overweight, and usually wears a tank top. I will say though that he seems to like people. I haven't met his wife yet, only seen her briefly.

Steer clear Mr C&B... He wears a TANK TOP!!!! A satirical mistake if ever there was one!! Tank top is screaming out a total borefest!! : )

Steer clear Mr C&B... He wears a TANK TOP!!!! A satirical mistake if ever there was one!! Tank top is screaming out a total borefest!! : )

Well...at least it's not a "wife beater" type tank top. :)

lol...I wasn't familiar with the term 'wife beater vest' until a couple of years ago. And yes, the theory travels the Atlantic! lol(I saw a man today with white track pants & white zip up tracksuit top..OK you might think...WRONG..he had the biggest belly ever with the top unzipped and hanging over the pants. So unnecessary and nausea inducing. It wasn't the belly that was the problem, I mean i've seen plenty of those & don't discriminate lol it was the fact it was way over exposed!!)

and usually wears a tank top. I will say though that he seems to like people. I haven't met his wife yet' date=' only seen her briefly.[/quote']Wooohhhh! A tank top is a deal breaker. On the other hand, I'm a sucker for pizza so I may have joined him. But then again, 'I wouldn't want to be a 3rd wheel on your spaceship.'Name the episode, if you please.

he had the biggest belly ever with the top unzipped and hanging over the pants. So unnecessary and nausea inducing. it was the fact it was way over exposed!!)

Unfortunately, this 'style' is all too popular in the U.S. these days.

Wooohhhh! A tank top is a deal breaker. On the other hand' date=' I'm a sucker for pizza so I may have joined him. But then again, 'I wouldn't want to be a 3rd wheel on your spaceship.'Name the episode, if you please.[/quote']That would be, YANKEE DOLLAR.

:DGood job.

Piece of cake....."CharlieGlide". That's the episode you got your username from. :thumbsup:

Piece of cake....."CharlieGlide". That's the episode you got your username from. :thumbsup:

I think it's C&B trying to put the slide. On Charlie Glide.

I think it's C&B trying to put the slide. On Charlie Glide.

Maybe......maybe! LOL

Power boat going by gym windowAs always, I look for the Vice in most everything. It's saves me from some of the drudgeries of the day.While at the gym on the exercise bike, I spotted this fantastic power boat trolling through a small channel (My gym's second floor has an awesome view! Half the reason I chose the place: It's all Vice!).I snapped a pic with my cell. Not the best zoom lens, but you will see how I got from zero to Miami Vice in about two seconds![ATTACH=CONFIG]6423[/ATTACH]

post-10358-13892964696873_thumb.jpg

post-10358-13892964697489_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently in Vegas and spotted this sign above a ball room or whatever it is at a hotel downtown. Do the colors look familiar?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6464[/ATTACH]

post-10358-13892964741725_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently in Vegas and spotted this sign above a ball room or whatever it is at a hotel downtown. Do the colors look familiar?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6464[/ATTACH]

No question, this was based on the MIAMI VICE LOGO.Nice find! :clap:

Today, I had to get up early to pick up, and take my Aunt over to have eye surgery. Everything turned out fine for her. When the surgery was done, my mother and aunt decided to treat me to breakfast. There was an IHOP (International House of Pancakes) nearby, so we went there.As usual, I was dressed in my Crockett clothes. When I was seated, the girl taking us to our table said she liked my blazer, as it went well with my shirt. Cool. Great start!I took off my Wayfarers, and sat down to order. Later, about 20 minutes later when the food arrived, one of the servers accidently dropped a plate of buttered toast, intended for my mother, on the leg of my linen pants. ....great. They appologized, and said they would bring another for my mother. We ate our breakfast, and had a nice time. When they came to clear the plates, the server reached accross the table to take my aunt's plate. The blueberry jam covered knife on the plate slipped off, and landed on my nicely folded silk blazer which was lying next to my Aunt on the seat of the booth. It was covered with blueberry jam! One server thought it was kind of funny. I let him know I didn't find it particularly funny.Oddly enough, my elderly mother thought it was proper to still tip the server. I disagreed, but she was paying, so I really couldn't stop it.When we went to the register to pay, we were asked how everything was. I explained how the toast, along with the plate landed on my linen pants, and how my silk blazer was covered in blueberry jam, and it was suggested that perhaps they pay my cleaning bill. The place, and the employees are new, and they didn't quite know how to handle it. I most likely was wrong in doing this, but when asked if I could write my name, and phone number on a piece of paper, and they would contact me about it. I tossed the paper and pen back and told them "I'm not going to give you my name and number." He said, "We don't know how much it will cost to clean." I thought they'd offer to comp me my breakfast at least, but no, they didn't. Pissed, I just walked out with nothing. I could have demanded more, but I really didn't want to cause a scene in front of my elderly mother and aunt. I also could have given them my name and phone number, but something inside told me not to do that either.Later in the day, when I returned home, I went to the mailbox to check my mail. Guess who else was checking their mail? MIKE! I said, "Hey Mike, looks like your doing the same thing I am, getting the mail." He said he was. He also said, "Good to see you. Have a nice day Sonny." I replied, "You too Pal".He called me "SONNY"! :D:D This is the first time he called me that!After that, I was quite happy, and decided to then drive to a Jamba Juice (a fruit drink smoothie place) to get a Power (large) sized razzmatazz smoothie. When I walked in, there was a uniformed Police Officer sitting at a table by the register. I decided to try a VICE moment thing. When I ordered my drink, they asked for my name (to call out when it's ready for pick up). I replied, "Crockett". When the drink was ready, She called out, "CROCKETT!" :D:clap: I looked from behind my wayfarers at the cop, but he didn't react, or make a connection that I was dressed as Crockett. I guess he was too young to get it. He appeared to be in his early 20's like the girl who took my order. When I got my drink, she said, "Here you go! I replied, "Thanks Pal" (Even though she was a female.) As I slid into my car, the straw that was in the red, raspberry smoothie cup hit the steering wheel, which flicked all the contents in the straw to spray all over my linen pants and blue henley shirt. .....great. Now, I've had buttered toast and a plate fall on my linen pants, a blueberry jam covered knife fall on my silk blazer, and now my pants and shirt are splattered with a thick, red raspberry fruit smoothie......It's been one hellava day.