Girls in bikinis in show opening

stubpepsin

Thanks IvoryJones!  I don't remember this scene at all..in fact, I had a totally different scene in my head where the girls had gold jackets on.  Who knows where that image in my brain came from?!   :p

The funniest thing is I started watching this same episode on DVD when I opened the thread :) Nice find!

Thats fantastic !!

• 8 months later...

I remember seeing this sometime last year, would love to see it again but I can't now because that link doesn't work anymore :I 

But, it was pretty funny  :)

I too own the original on video as I recorded it live when they broadcasted it. Saddly, it's on beta.

There's also a broadcast that they did only once, where they had Olivia Brown's voice  announce over the end credits that MIAMI VICE had been renewed, and would be returning next season. They did this at the end of Lombard I believe. I'm not certain if it was in the first broadcast, or when they played it in reruns in the summer. Either way, I do have it, but...it too is on beta. ;(

The story on the girls wearing the original Crew jackets is somewhat obscure, as I don't know why they showed them wearing the jackets, but I do know what happened. It drew sooo much interest, with calls flooding NBC and Universal in for requests on how to buy those jackets, that NBC pulled that scene from the main titles immediately. They were not for sale, and they did not anticipate such demand, as they were season one crew jackets only available to the Cast and Crew (I own a few of the originals). This demand is what made NBC make replica jackets of the Crew jackets for the retail market that was sold in the official NBC store, and Universal TV.  That's the story. :clap: 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 6

• Administrators

I too own the original on video as I recorded it live when they broadcasted it. Saddly, it's on beta.

There's also a broadcast that they did only once, where they had Olivia Brown's voice  announce over the end credits that MIAMI VICE had been renewed, and would be returning next season. They did this at the end of Lombard I believe. I'm not certain if it was in the first broadcast, or when they played it in reruns in the summer. Either way, I do have it, but...it too is on beta. ;(

The story on the girls wearing the original Crew jackets is somewhat obscure, as I don't know why they showed them wearing the jackets, but I do know what happened. It drew sooo much interest, with calls flooding NBC and Universal in for requests on how to buy those jackets, that NBC pulled that scene from the main titles immediately. They were not for sale, and they did not anticipate such demand, as they were season one crew jackets only available to the Cast and Crew (I own a few of the originals). This demand is what made NBC make replica jackets of the Crew jackets for the retail market that was sold in the official NBC store, and Universal TV.  That's the story. :clap: 

With a video capture device much like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Betamax-Beta-Max-USB-PC-Video-Converter-Capture-for-Windows-Win-7-64-bit-64bit-/320862469701 

You can transfer your Betamax and VHS tapes to PC. You basically play it into some program, and record the video it sends.

• Like 1

I always thought those bikini girls were pretty smoking hot  :)  did their scene in the opening where they walk down the street ever appear in the show at all? and also, it must be pretty boiling to wear that jacket in the heat  :)

• 2 months later...

The softest, squishiest, warmest, most perfect thing imaginable. And guess what? They come in pairs

Man, that's a dream  to have those two girls. =)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators
On March 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM, miamijimf said:

Very nice girls but their suits are a little conservative by today's standards.

Yeah, if this was today, I'd demand thongs! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Never heard the jacket thing, and that is really interesting! Does anyone know where that shot was though? The girls walking down those stairs during the opening credits? ( tried a search here of "opening credits" but can't find anything) I feel dumb for not knowing after all this time, but maybe, just maybe, I will have someone film me walking down those steps with attitude.