Girls in bikinis in show opening

stubpepsin

1 hour ago, Merely said:

Never heard the jacket thing, and that is really interesting! Does anyone know where that shot was though? The girls walking down those stairs during the opening credits? ( tried a search here of "opening credits" but can't find anything) I feel dumb for not knowing after all this time, but maybe, just maybe, I will have someone film me walking down those steps with attitude.

It was filmed at the Carlyle.  Watch the opening credits sequence in "Brother's Keeper", which is very different than the credits in the other episodes.  Look at the railing as the girls walk by and compare that with the railing when Crockett and Eddie are hanging out there.  You can see it's the same railing.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

On 7/2/2014 at 4:46 PM, ivoryjones said:

Hello, friends!

Please check this link

It's set as a non public link, so my guess is that it will stay online as long as no one complains to youtube...

Hope you like it!

Would you be able to repost this sometime, or if someone else has it could they post please. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Would you be able to repost this sometime, or if someone else has it could they post please. 

This wasn’t it, was it? I don’t remember it looking this way, but it’s been awhile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, timm525 said:

That's the one I remember but I thought it was a few seconds longer. 

Me too....this one is brief. (no pun intended) :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

airtommy - I'm about to recheck the episode credits. I need to skip around in it to also find Leon's apartment filmed at Versace's. Making a stop there as well. Just watched the entire episode a couple of weeks ago, so, not too keen on the whole thing right now. 

1 hour ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

What was it Phil Collins said....No Jacket Required.  ;)

I think was “...Butt Seriously”. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

anyone selling those jackets will by the second day be rich enough to buy all the toys Crockett played with and his wardrobe;

probably need to wait for the copyright to run out;

Anybody here visit Universal Studios theme park in Orlando (in the 90s?) while they had the Miami Vice stunt show?

I always wondered:

-Did they have a shop at the exit with a bunch of MV stuff available (like all the current attractions have there)?

-If so, what kind of merchandise was it? Did they have these jackets?

Seems like I’ve seen hundreds of those jackets on eBay over the last 20 years. Were there that many crew members? Seems like someone posted a catalog or special order thing recently where they were available in the 80s, too. 

Lots of questions :) 

I was both at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood/CA in 1992,  but I have no recollection of the kind of merchandise they sold at the Miami Vice shows. It probably wasn't noteworthy, or else I would have bought bags full of it... :) :p

I am not even sure the attractions all had their own gift shops, if that's what you meant. I think you had something like a handful of central gift shops where you could buy all kinds of miscellaneous souvenirs from all of the shows. Most of it was tat though. to be honest.

• Thanks 1

There is a Miami Vice stunt team tee on eBay that I REALLY wish was my size. I also wonder if that came from the theme park. 

Saw the Miami Stunt Show Spectacular 2-3 times over the years at Universal Studios Los Angeles.  Last time was summer of 91 I think?

I don’t think there was a specific gift shop, but I have memories of some Vice T-shirts and maybe some cheap knock-off Wayfarers that had MV and Universal logos on the temples in the general gift shops.  

No cool prop Bren 10’s, no white linen sportcoats...

What I really wanted was a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior pistol, but they didn’t sell those either!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...