Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #14 "Golden Triangle"

Brother in Arms

i find a famous episode:thumbsup::cool::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:radio::thumbsup:

MiamiCop123

Great conclusion to "Score". EJO's acting in this episode was stupendous, from a loving+caring man to an angry, mind-set on getting even warrior. Not only did the episode focus on him, but it had some good acting and funny scenes with S+Z, and the Noog-man! The episode really kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loved the part at the end where Denton says to Castillo "I'm making a quick call to Washington, Castillo" and he replies (shouting) "WRONG! You broke the law! This is Miami, Denton!"The end part where C+T talk to Castillo about going to a bar was golden ;) as well.This one gets a 9/10, solid episode from Season One!

Matt5

Watched "Lethal Weapon 4 " this Evening from 1998 - and saw a few supporting characters from "Golden Triangle " in the film  :D  :fireworks: 

Crockettt

Watched "Lethal Weapon 4 " this Evening from 1998 - and saw a few supporting characters from "Golden Triangle " in the film  :D  :fireworks: 

Which actors from "Golden Triangle" were in Lethal Weapon ?

Vincent Hanna

One of the most well written and directed episodes of S1. Seriously it's amazing.

+The character development for Castillo and C&T's relationship is wonderful

+Noogie is hilarious, he even does a stereotypical asian accent

+Joan chen is beautiful

+"one howie wong to go" xD

+ Trial and search is one of the best jan hammer tunes, used again in Yankee dollar.

the directing feels so modern and ahead of it's time it's ridiculous. 

DeepCover333

I've always felt GT 1-2 were both a spectacular mix of story, action and mood. I went back and watched them both last night. I could write a long review on what was done right here, but it is quicker to drop my one very minor negative observation. Near the end of part one, we witness a magnificent fight scene between Castillo and a "Thai assassin".  I remember watching this so long ago and being excited for part two, because...Thai assassins! Sadly, there really weren't any in part two for Castillo and the gang to deal with. Just a slight thing, however, as again I find both episodes divine. The acting, directing, music, all hit the marks here in an excellent two part experience. 

• Like 1

Touch of Class

'Golden Triangle' is an episode with excellent pacing and just so much variety. The way the story expands in scope is remarkable in its deftness. Another big high-point for the classic Season 1.

• Like 2

Daytona74

"Golden Triangle" could have been a feature film all on its own. It just had everything. I think not even "Prodigal Son" (which was arguably when Miami Vice really started going big) was as good as Golden Triangle.

Some of the early season 1 episodes have the best storylines of the entire five seasons. Like, I watched "The Home Invaders" again the other night. I've probably seen it a dozen times in my life, but it's still simply stunning every time. Just incredibly taut and gripping.

Also, "Golden Triangle" has Film Noir written all over it, with an enigmatic crime boss relocating to Miami who used to be an important adversary of Castillo, and holds Castillo's former wife as collateral. That's just about a Film Noir enthusiast's wet dream :)

My only "niggle" would be that part 1 spends a bit too much time piecing together what's really going on, while the main story thread of this two-parter doesn't actually come into being until the beginning of part two.

Edited by Daytona74

Matt5
On 7/11/2016 at 1:36 AM, Daytona74 said:

"Golden Triangle" could have been a feature film all on its own. It just had everything. I think not even "Prodigal Son" (which was arguably when Miami Vice really started going big) was as good as Golden Triangle.

Some of the early season 1 episodes have the best storylines of the entire five seasons. Like, I watched "The Home Invaders" again the other night. I've probably seen it a dozen times in my life, but it's still simply stunning every time. Just incredibly taut and gripping.

Also, "Golden Triangle" has Film Noir written all over it, with an enigmatic crime boss relocating to Miami who used to be an important adversary of Castillo, and holds Castillo's former wife as collateral. That's just about a Film Noir enthusiast's wet dream

My only "niggle" would be that part 1 spends a bit too much time piecing together what's really going on, while the main story thread of this two-parter doesn't actually come into being until the beginning of part two.

Great review - great episodes - well written and directed . 10/10:D

Remington

This is Miami. Not Asia.

I love the Oriental vibe of the episode. Always cool to see Castillo with a larger role. Also, Joan Chen is gorgeous. And The Trial is a great piece of music. Love the return of Noogie.

However, i have no interest in seeing Castillo in a speedo again. He's no Daniel Craig.

9/10