Don at AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am ~ Feb 95

DJAngel

We saw Don 3 times playing in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Golf Tournament - 90, 92, & 95, which are the only 3 times he played that I know of. I think when he started Nash Bridges, taking a week to play in the tournament in February did not fit into his schedule.Unfortunately, I can't find my 'trip story' that I wrote at the time, so I'm going to post the pictures without the story. Well, they speak for themselves anyway. It was so much fun walking the course with Don each day (especially Thursday and Friday because of less crowds). We even got a picture with him one of the days:happy:First day of actual play is Wednesday -- The Celebrity Shootout. That's where you see the pictures of Don, Clint Eastwood, John Denver, Huey Lewis, Jack Lemmon and more. Actual Tournament days are Thursday-Sunday. Don always finished on Saturday, although he came very close to making the cut in 95, his foursome did not make. But 3 great days of watching, walking, and talking to Don - can't complain. I think you can tell by the pictures how much fun he was having:dance2:The Tournament was this past weekend, but play was "suspended" because of weather yesterday. I don't know if they are able to finish today or not. I saw how crappy the weather was at Pebble Beach yesterday on TV. We're finally getting our much needed rain in California.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildCelebrity Shootout - February 1, 1995Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

1st Day of Tournament ~ Febr 2, 1995Don's foursome was - Don, Vince Gill, Corey Pavin, & Payne StewartEingefügtes BildDon with Payne StewartEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildA beautiful day at Spyglass HillEingefügtes BildDon posing with some Tournament ladies:clap:Eingefügtes Bild

2nd Day of Tournament ~ Febr 3, 1995Don's foursome teed off at Poppy Hills.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildVince Gill, Don, & Corey PavinEingefügtes BildHighlight of the day and tournament for us - Don posed for a picture with us:happy:Eingefügtes Bild

3rd Day of Tournament - Febr 4, 1995Saturday was Don's last day of play. He did not make the cut for the final day of play on Sunday (well, most celebrities don't make it to Sunday), but it was another great day of Don watching for us. Melanie was with Don part of the day, also.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

RIP Payne Stewart.......I know somebody that had known him since childhood. Mark went into a deep depression when Payne died, and it took years to overcome. I also see that Jack Lemmon was in the group.He's one of my favorite actors. Great pics, thanks for posting.

RIP Payne Stewart.......I know somebody that had known him since childhood. Mark went into a deep depression when Payne died' date=' and it took years to overcome. I also see that Jack Lemmon was in the group.He's one of my favorite actors. Great pics, thanks for posting.[/quote']You're welcome gstien.That was so sad about Payne Stewart. Jack Lemmon is one of my favorites, too.

• 3 years later...

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am starts February 4th-10th this year. Bumping this up to reminisce about attending the tournament and watching Don play :D

DJAngel - for one time more a BIG FAT :clap::clap: and a very :happy:THANK YOU !To me just this story is very special!You even have brought me so far to think about Don and Melanie much deeper.I was sure.. their relationsship has ended earlier and I was wondering as I saw her 1995still in his arms.Okay... have refilled my brain and.. yes... the rupture was only in 1996.Again you've taken beautiful *TELLING* pics!One diamond more in the crown of all three DJ Angels to me !!!