Ways to live the style

Jerry B.

this is how I lived the style...today (sorry, no palm trees around where I live...):

829709485_Style3_v2.jpg.ba0445d3e3082c76b8a48850d18f30e6.jpg

all items (except the car, lol) are from this or last year...who said there's no cool clothes anymore? :funky:

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 6

O.k. Daytona365, let's take a closer look at your shirt / blazer! :thumbsup:  Nice shot by the way. I did one like that many years ago in the 80's with my black Alfa Romeo Spider. It's fun!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! You want more? there you go:

895315384_Style5_V1.jpg.94c6104354667226725191030a40c023.jpg

sorry for the poor quality, there was just too much sun today for the iPhone... :cool: the shirt is actually light pink, the blazer sand grey

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2

Nice pic Daytona365 ! Love the MX-5. I always wanted it but couldn't go roadster. As a familyguy I need the backseat..Nice outfit too :)

Hey JDe75, thanks! I'm actually a family guy too. But the MX-5 was there loooong before the kids and it's going to stay until after they've moved out (although that's probably gonna be as looooong), even if until then only for the daily commute (if the weather allows)

Edited by daytona365

The sun is taking a break today, so I figured why not go with a more somber, season-three-ish approach to the style:

21049800_Style3-1c.jpg.858d6677aff7e1f545d704c37ba24eb3.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up this morning having the blues....the SMUGGLER'S BLUES:

185371638_Style5-2.jpg.f0590cf99d82c0008d27c28b8598cec9.jpg

...one guy at the office said 'hi Don' when I walked in...but sometimes I just gotta pull it off!

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

It's great to see that this thread I started about a year ago while in Miami is still on.

In this year I had the chance to see how much the cult(ure) of Miami Vice is still alive and kicking, regardless from age, country, gender etc. I smiled seeing how many Crocketts are out there, each one in his own "customized" characterization, according to personal taste and possibilities. Someone bought a Daytona, other ones tried to make their car to look like that, but everything tells me the same thing: that feeling, and the feeling of the 80s as a golden era, is still among us.

And the feverish activity of this community is the prove ;-)

• Like 3

Totally true Jerry, the feeling lives on, like an eternal flame. And it's people like you who carry the torch and spawn the activity of this communitiy by starting threads like this particular one. So, thank you for being a 'Brother's Keeper'.

• Like 2

Even Warsaw can look like Miami - it all depends on the perspective.

260zryv.jpg

There's even a local company called Miami Wars - giving speedboat cruises on the Vistula before the sunset...

We belong to the city
We belong to the night
Livin' in a river of darkness
Beneath the neon lights
We were born in the city
Concrete under our feet

It's in our blood, it's in our moves

• Like 6

Great shot, pal.

True:

You can feel it
You can taste it
You can see it
You can face it
You can hear it
You're getting near it
You want to make it
'Cause you can take it

;-)

• Like 4

We belong to the city

We belong to the night

Beneath the neon lights

We were born in the city

Concrete under our feet

You can feel it

You can taste it

You can see it

You can face it

You can hear it

You're getting near it

You want to make it

'Cause you can take it

;-)

BEST POEM EVER !!!!   :fireworks:  :happy: 

Thank you both  :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Even Warsaw can look like Miami - it all depends on the perspective.

260zryv.jpg

There's even a local company called Miami Wars - giving speedboat cruises on the Vistula before the sunset...

We belong to the city

We belong to the night

Beneath the neon lights

We were born in the city

Concrete under our feet

Wow! That is Warszawa?!?

What a beauty!

I need to visit our great eastern neighbour guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Polish musicians and actors likes to dress like Crockett

great polish bassist Waldemar Tkaczyk from very popular polish 80's synth-pop band "Kombi":

1984:

33m3bsj.jpg

1985 :

akbscy.jpg

2yuzgcn.jpg

Dancer who appeared with Andrzej Zaucha  - ByÅ‚as serca biciem (live in Opole 1988)

30c3hpw.jpg

1996 Ireneusz Korolczuk (singer of band "Imperium")

259c2g9.jpg

Edited by Crockettt

My collecting passion for the last 3 years has been Nike tennis gear that I like. Mainly between the years of 2003 - 2009.

Now that I have amassed hundreds of items and practically filled the catalogue, I need a new challenge.

It will be - CROCKETT CLOTHING.

All info of what labels he wore during the whole series will be much appreciated. I had a lot of success finding tennis items which were sold under generic listing titles, and I am hoping my gift for the hunt can find some real classic Crockett items!

• Like 1

Here is to wishing you Bilders the best of luck and skill in your quest for finding Crockett clothing.  I know they are out there.  I have found  my clothing in thrift stores, sometimes garage sales and of course the internet.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Actually in the good ole uk , the season three look is quite easy to find at the moment. Especially the short jackets . Good old English stalwarts marks and spencer ... Trust me... Have a really good selection. Trousers are difficult as the fashion over here at present is everything too small ... Looks ridiculous ... But M&S ... Again , comes to the rescue .

I was in a Macy's department store the other day & they had white linen jackets for sale. They were paired with matching white pants in the display. I was pretty tempted.......

• 11 months later...

Well, one thing I am blessed with by living in the tropics is palm trees. All types and sizes! Everywhere.

And I actually love palm trees, loved them in LA and love them here and love them in our favorite show. 

This is the view out of my home office window, it's at a 2 O'Clock from my laptop screen:

palm trees office.jpg

Edited by Mister Roman