Ways to live the style

Jerry B.

2 hours ago, ame99 said:

in what episode did they use that song? @Daytona74

“Prodigal Son” as C&T approach Newton Blade’s yacht party before heading to NYC.  :thumbsup:

On 8/24/2018 at 2:08 AM, daytona365 said:

You can wear this anytime on many occasions without being too obviously "vice styled" or drawing any suspicion of you being on the way to a theme party, like it would be the case with some of the over-the-top S2 fashion.  

I'm definitely guilty of that.  I am stuck on season 1&2 fashions right now but it is still fun.  When I first started, I didn't put a toe in the water ... I dove right in the deep end.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I made a huge progress by finding a stand in for the Crockett's Ebel wristwatch used during some season 2 and 3 episodes. Just ordered this round model made by Casio which is pretty nice and quite cheap (got it for 30€ / 40$):

sonny_crocket_placa.jpg.b4fb108cef844e8d73f146925efb8022.jpg1646034565_casioround.thumb.jpg.7e336bade13475fac62d6b88c7854c68.jpg

As for the sunglasses, there is a cool model made by Emidio Tucci (ETV1602 C1) which would serve as a mixture between the Persol sunglasses used during season 3 by the frame and the popular Wayfarer model from the rest of the seasons by the color.
114336104_S03E19RedTape.mkv_002750564.thumb.jpg.3b38a2ebf39ddf66cb4d90affd02396b.jpggafas-de-sol-hombre-e--tucci-etv1602-c1_1.thumb.jpg.e4ed49a36d05360dc460e41d794501bc.jpg

And finally, I somehow managed to find a similar t-shirt which appeared both in The Band of The Hand (1986) and the Miami Vice Baby Blues episode. Sold by the H&M brand called ''Divided''. The Spanish name of this t-shirt's style is called ''jaspeado'', which means ''marbled / mottled''. 

It can be found here: https://www2.hm.com/es_es/productpage.0685816006.html

1033147450_1babyblues.png.ad9203c153fa721754ae27fbdb300e04.pnghmgoepprod.thumb.jpg.eb8e75736d119b1f306e8f83d19cfbc0.jpg

And yes, I'm a huge season 3 clothing fan :D

they made cool watches in the 80s. my dad had a gold watch too. it was super class. the strap looked like gold made skin. i wonder if nowadays you could still wear such things. i mean criminality (and gold prices) had reached such levels nowadays

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more of a fan of season 1 and 2 but those styles are definitely harder to pull off today.  People definitely think Miami Vice when they see that.  Season 3 and on are easier to blend in with today's style.  I do wear white linen combos in the summer when I am in Clear Lake, IA because it seems normal near water for some reason.

The irritating thing to me these days is that everything is slim fit.  I feel like my arms are in sausage casings in some blazers I have tried.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2016 at 4:52 PM, Daytona74 said:

Now, how's this for a "Vice" inspired clothing item... I got this out of the basement closet at my parents' house just now... this is probably the first time in 25 years that I've put it on...

I bought this little gem in 1989 as a 15-year-old... having been a fan of "Vice" since I was about 12, 13... naturally, it didn't come from any Italian designer, but was a budget department store knock off (as a 15-year-old, something had to give). But hey, aside from the fact that it could do with a good clean, I could think of an episode or two of Vice where similar clothing was worn... ;)

The fabric texture is intentional, it's not due to a lack of ironing :p

jacket.jpg

I'm assuming this is 100% linen, completely unlined and unstructured, probably feels more like a shirt than a jacket, right?

• 4 months later...

today is the last day at my current job after twelve years...dressing for the occasion:

grafik.thumb.png.b96ad17abae7c70bd86238f082383cda.png

couldn't let my hair grow long enough in time as it was down to a 5mm buzz until end of September, so sporting a full grown lockdown beard instead. Not going to the office anyway...

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

vor 13 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

today is the last day at my current job after twelve years...dressing for the occasion:

couldn't let my hair grow long enough in time as it was down to a 5mm buzz until end of September, so sporting a full grown lockdown beard instead. Not going to the office anyway...

And now you´re going where the weather´s warm and the drinks are cold I suppose ?(

1 minute ago, Tom said:

And now you´re going where the weather´s warm and the drinks are cold I suppose ?(

that's gonna be a long way at the moment...it has snowed continuously for 36 hours and there's more than half a meter of snow outside my house...

vor 2 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

that's gonna be a long way at the moment...it has snowed continuously for 36 hours and there's more than half a meter of snow outside my house...

Ok, then get flexible and stay where the drinks are warm and the weather is cold! :D

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

Ha!  That's great!  If you peel out in a Testerossa when you leave I'll truly be jealous!

• Thanks 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Mr. Vigilante:

Ha!  That's great!  If you peel out in a Testerossa when you leave I'll truly be jealous!

If he peels out in a Testarossa on a Swiss mountain with half a meter of snow in front of it, I´ll truly be anxious. Ever heard of snow tires or chains for a Testarossa?

:p

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

grafik.thumb.png.b96ad17abae7c70bd86238f082383cda.png

Love the jacket. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1