Ways to live the style

Jerry B.

7 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Beautiful!

Glad you like that Vicegirl. 

I considered having the palm tree in following screenshot tattooed on my shoulder, friend advised against it ;-)

tropics motel.png

• Like 1

it's tough to live it here in arizona. wearing a jacket most of the year you'll die from the heat.:)

and pink will get you some funnier looks than it did in the 80s:(

2 hours ago, AzVice said:

it's tough to live it here in arizona. wearing a jacket most of the year you'll die from the heat.

and pink will get you some funnier looks than it did in the 80s:(

I agree pink doesn't look right on a man. The right type Rose color now, that works 100% right.

This wikipedia article illustrates some variations of rose that at least in my opinion, will work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_(color)

• Like 1

Hi Vicers out there,

today this post of mine turns 2 years. I started it while in Miami during my 2014 trip.

So many things have changed since then, new members coming in, some members have left the board, we're on a new web platform...  Life goes on folks, and I found myself with much less time to be here as well. I used to contribute with long posts and stuff like articles, pictures and music too (maybe some of you may remember my 1989 hammer-styled tracks ;-) I shared here.

Anyway, I'm glad to see there are so many people still interested in Miami Vice and all the culture around it: fashion, cars, visual, graphics, music etc. I'm particularly happy to see how many young guys & gals are passionate about the Show.

As far as the style, I'm not into it since the early 90s, but I like to travel back in time once in a while. Possibly I will post some pictures showing clothes and inspiring locations at the end of July.

All the best everybody. Keep up the good work ;-)

JB

• Like 1

Now, how's this for a "Vice" inspired clothing item... I got this out of the basement closet at my parents' house just now... this is probably the first time in 25 years that I've put it on...

I bought this little gem in 1989 as a 15-year-old... having been a fan of "Vice" since I was about 12, 13... naturally, it didn't come from any Italian designer, but was a budget department store knock off (as a 15-year-old, something had to give). But hey, aside from the fact that it could do with a good clean, I could think of an episode or two of Vice where similar clothing was worn... ;)

The fabric texture is intentional, it's not due to a lack of ironing :p

jacket.jpg

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 5

thanks... and you do that, vicefan... in the mean time, I'll try to figure out what happened to my Castillo tie.

I bought one black suede skinny tie in the late 80s which really looked like I stole it out of Edward James Olmos's set wardrobe... :)

Edited by Daytona74

On 7/6/2016 at 9:06 PM, Mister Roman said:

Well, one thing I am blessed with by living in the tropics is palm trees. All types and sizes! Everywhere.

And I actually love palm trees, loved them in LA and love them here and love them in our favorite show. 

This is the view out of my home office window, it's at a 2 O'Clock from my laptop screen:

palm trees office.jpg

Great view thanks for sharing !:D

• Like 1

Still trying to adapt the Miami Vice style to contemporary times, mostly using current fashion items. Perhaps you'll spot me out there. Even the girls in the picture seem to be wearing colours from the familiar Vice palette.

20160712_133904.jpg

20160712_133904.jpg

Edited by corsair77
Typo

Well done, Daytona74 & Corsair77. It's hard but not impossible. Even if I'm no longer into the style, this year I found a pale blue blazer, textured fabric, which is quite vicey, and if you mix it up with some vintage stuff the effect is quite surprising. Actually, some typical 80s fabric and pastel colors are the hardest things to find today.

And, of course, forget about big shoulder pads LOL!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, Daytona74 said:

Now, how's this for a "Vice" inspired clothing item... I got this out of the basement closet at my parents' house just now... this is probably the first time in 25 years that I've put it on...

I bought this little gem in 1989 as a 15-year-old... having been a fan of "Vice" since I was about 12, 13... naturally, it didn't come from any Italian designer, but was a budget department store knock off (as a 15-year-old, something had to give). But hey, aside from the fact that it could do with a good clean, I could think of an episode or two of Vice where similar clothing was worn... ;)

The fabric texture is intentional, it's not due to a lack of ironing :p

jacket.jpg

The jacket is very Vice-like and cool looking. :cool:

Your photo is just like COOP's ............  Headless!    ;):D

21 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

The jacket is very Vice-like and cool looking. :cool:

Your photo is just like COOP's ............  Headless!    ;):D

I agree Tony very Vice- like:D:balloon:

Found an older picture of me from 2011 - when my "Miami Vice" craze was at it's mountain top.

Was 18 years old in this pic.

DSC02728.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.A.Castillo said:

Found an older picture of me from 2011 - when my "Miami Vice" craze was at it's mountain top.

Was 18 years old in this pic.

DSC02728.jpg

Great outfit pal. You don't look really like your character, lieutenant. But I bet you did it on purpose LOL!

Way to go, that's a pretty sharp looking outfit there, Castillo! :cool:

(didn't Castillo wear a white blazer in a season 3 episode?)

Edited by Daytona74

I wore that outfit to my uncles wedding the next summer (2012); only with a black t-shirt instead of the blue henley. That combo was the season 2 "Crockett look" in some episodes I remember.

I have my season 5 "Bad Timing" look with jeans + t-shirt & blazer pic somewhere by the way! Can't remember where though -- must be on another computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got so many new outfits to show off for you guys (my hair is even back to the proper season1/season 2 length) but it is WAAAYYY too hot here in NYC right now. Sometime in the next few months I'm gonna get around to it. I even finally figured out how to do a decent Crockett hairstyle.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jerry B, great post and still alive as of today! Lol

I use a touch of MV/80s style  (sometimes a bit more) into my daily style here in NH without being too stand outish. Dress pants, boat shoes w/ no socks, henleys and 80s color palettes. I was just in Lumberton, NC this past weekend & while out to dinner I heard someone say he didn't know it was Miami Vice night lol. Made we proud to represent! The 80s lives on forever.

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Like 3