Vice, with a hint of Vice City

Gina_Calabrese

This came out of my mind during class today. Can comments go in the comment thread, please?This is Crockett telling the story. Enjoy!-------------------------------------"Crockett, Tubbs, can I see you in the room please." I was at my desk in the OCB when Castillo asked me and Tubbs to see him. Great, another bust. We slowly wandered in, tired and confused."Lieutenant, I-""Yeah, I know you busted Echavaria last night, and I know you're tired, but this is important. Tommy Vercetti arrived in Miami yesterday. He's going to move his business here." said Castillo."Tommy Vercetti, that guy from Vice City?" asked Tubbs."Yes.""And you want us to do what?" I questioned."Well, I don't know what yet. We only know what we've guessed."I sighed. More crap to wipe up! What happened to good old 'bust this guy, go home, rest'? Woah, woah, ease up, Crockett, I thought to myself.Tubbs must have been thinking the same thing. He looked at Castillo, outraged."What, and we haven't done enough already?! Damn it!" stormed Tubbs."Hey, ease up, Rico." I said, thinking I had said the same thing to myself a minute ago."Enough." Castillo said it softly, yet it was still an order. "I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm just letting you know so you're ready.""Well, now that's cleared up, I have some sleep to catch up on. Coming, Rico?" I said."Yeah, how 'bout we call it a day over a couple of margaritas?" asked Rico."On you?" I asked sarcastically."Yeah man." We walked out."Meet you at the St. Vitus?" I asked casually."You got it." Tubbs got into his Cadillac while I got into the Daytona. I put it into gear and took off while Tubbs was fiddling with the radio in his car. I arrived at the St. Vitus 10 minutes later and beat Rico to it. 5 minutes later, Rico came into the cabin with groceries I asked him to get."Your change, partner." he said, throwing me a couple of coins. I caught them, triumphant."Thanks man. Just ask me when you need the favour returned.""Happy to be of service my man." I went to go put the groceries away, then looked at Rico, holding a protein shake."Are you serious man?" I questioned his sanity."Hey, I figured you could use it." Rico started sniggering."There anything else in this trick bag I don't know about?" I asked, laughing.“Maybe…maybe.” said Tubbs. “We gonna get some margaritas or what?”“Yeah, I’ll drive. You mind?”“Nah, just so long as we’re back before my Caddy gets soaked!” yelled Tubbs, pointing at that big rather dark cloud hanging around.I whistled. “Damn humidity. Put the roof on, let’s go.”2 hours later we arrived back at the St. Vitus.“I’ll see you tomorrow. Now go take your Cadillac home.”“You got it man,” said Tubbs, as he drove off. I looked on, thinking about what Castillo had said that afternoon. Tommy Vercetti. He was known here for a heap of murders, drug possession and even prostitution was on his rap sheet somewhere. It would be a challenge just to bust him.-----------------------------Boring disclaimer stuff. I didn't make any of these characters. Thanks to whoever did. I'll try and finish this. Seriously.

PT 2.---------------------In the morning I woke up with a hangover, the result of one margarita too many. What, I got some low alcohol tolerance or something? Better not have drank a spiked drink last night. I called Rico, see if he had the same problem.“Rico, my man, what’s shaking? Those margaritas affect you too?”“No, why? What’s up with you?” Rico seemed alarmed.“Ah, nothin’. Just feel like I got a hangover or something.” I tried to soothe him, with no success.“Come on, man. I’m the one that normally hardly ever drinks. You drink a lot. Jeez, maybe you should go ask Castillo. Want me to drive?”“Yeah, just in case. I still think its nothing.”“Well I don’t.” Castillo’s voice echoed around the completely silent room. Everyone was there, heads turned in my general direction. That’s all I need.“Marty, yeah, I know this has never happened before, but why do we need to overreact?” He acted as if he hadn’t heard me. “Ricardo, take Sonny back to the boat and stay with him. Sonny, get some rest. Keep me posted.”“Come on, Sonny, let’s hit it.”“Yeah, fine. Could use some sleep anyway.” I agreed. We walked out, and Gina followed. “Gina, what’s up?”“You OK Sonny? If there’s anything you didn’t tell the others in there, you can tell me. I won’t spill.” Gina was more worried than Rico had been. Jeez!“Yeah, I’m fine, Gina, thanks.”“Okay,” she said as she walked back in.“Why is this happening to me?! What did I do to deserve this?! I knew my Vice cop career would bite me in the ass someday!” I started yelling without thinking about it.“Sonny, cool it! Your Vice cop career hasn’t bitten you in the ass… yet.” He laughed evilly. I gave him a look designed to freeze lava. “Very funny Rico.”“Come on, man, it could happen to anyone.”“Rico, anyone could have been in that club… recognized me as Burnett… Rico, take me to my doctor. If they did recognize Burnett last night anything could have been in that drink.” I was beginning to worry now.“You got it. If they recognized you as Burnett, what about me as Cooper? Someone could be out to ice Sonny Burnett.”“Hope not. Might have to blow my damn cover. Move… pretend Burnett got killed and his partner, Rico Cooper found another partner…” I said, hoping it would never happen. Rico was silent and lead me out of the OCB.--------------------------------

PT 3, short but sweet.----------------------I woke up an hour later, head pounding. Ah crap. That’s all I need. What the hell is wrong with me? Could someone be after Burnett? Then it hit me. Someone was out to get me. Fuente. God, no. Castillo’s gonna need to know about this!“Rico?” I called ho****ly. Is he here?“Sonny? Man, you’ve been out for a while,” Rico was up on the top deck of the St. Vitus.“Come down here man. I need to talk to you.”“Yeah?” He said as he came down.“Fuente. Its all Fuente. He ain’t after Burnett, he’s after Crockett… after me.”“I don’t believe it. Fuente! I’ll ring Castillo,” said Rico, fuming.“Yeah man.” I felt I was gonna black out at any moment.“Lt. Castillo. Yeah, this is Tubbs. Its about Sonny.” Rico was already on the phone, and listening to him helped me stay awake.“Hey, lieutenant, we got a problem. Fuente may be after Sonny.” There was a loud noise, then Rico spoke. “What?! Sonny won’t let you! Okay, fine. Yeah, I’ll see you then.” He hung up. “Sonny, Castillo is coming over here. He wants you to get your ass over to the hospital, and that’s what he said.”“Jeez. Fine.” I reluctantly agreed.----------------------------Remember, comments go in the Comments thread! http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1269And don't you forget it Tubbs&Sonny.

• 3 weeks later...

PT 4 - Nice longish one here.-------------------------------------The next day I was back at the St. Vitus. I hadn’t drank a spiked drink at all, it was just a 24 hour bug. Castillo had given me the day off to get over it and I got Rico to bring some dreaded paperwork.“How much more of this do I have to do? Very good idea, Sonny. Instead of getting to do nothing, we’re doing this!” Rico playfully yelled at me.“Now, Rico, this is important. Besides, I wanted to know about the Vercetti case.” I said. “Anything new?”“How the hell should I know? I’ve been with you, you just don’t know it because you’ve been out of it for the past day!” said Rico. I laughed. He looked out the window. “We got company.”“Terrific. The Feds, or just some sort of drug dealer?”“Feds man.”“Why the hell-“ I stopped when they came in.“Sonny Crockett?” asked one of them.“Uh, yeah. Who are you guys?”“The name’s Orlando Martinez and that’s Evan Cortez.”Evan… Damn I wish I would quit remembering that. “OK then, Orlando and Evan, why are you here?”“We came here to tell you the Vercetti case is none of your damn business. You’re out.”“How the hell can we be out if we ain’t even in? I’ve been sitting on this boat for the past week!”“And why have you been on this boat for the past week?”“Why?! I’ll tell you why. We thought I have drank a spiked drink the other night. Lt. Castillo gave me 3 days leave, but I suppose that don’t mean anything to you.” I was furious.“Right. So you haven’t been on the Vercetti case?”“For the last damn time, NO, WE HAVEN’T BEEN ON THE VERCETTI CASE!” I yelled.“We’ll check with Castillo. Thanks for your support.” They walked out. I stared blankly after them, stunned.“I must be too paranoid for my own good.” I said to Rico, laughing.“Nah, man. Now, we finishing this paperwork or what?”“Already done.” I indicated the not-so-neatly stacked piles of paperwork around me. “Just finished when they came in.”“Well, you wanna help me?” Rico was shocked.“Not really. Let’s go to the OCB, let the others know I’m OK, drop off this paperwork.” I suggested, picking up three piles.“Yeah, why not.”“Can I drive, I haven’t driven the Daytona for so long, man.”“Yeah, I get that. Let’s hit it,” said Rico as we walked out. And there was the Daytona, waiting for me as usual.“How ‘bout some music?” I asked, digging for my cassettes.“Sure,” said Rico, relaxing in the passenger seat.I found the cassettes. Up top was Glenn Frey, followed by Phil Collins. “Uh, Tubbs. What do you want?”“You got Peter Gabriel man?”“Yeah, So. On cassette.”“Well, yeah, can’t play records in cars.”I put the cassette in and Sledgehammer played. “Nice stereo, huh?” I asked Tubbs.“Ah, its alright.” He sighed. “Could use a new one, though. Ask Castillo.”“Why the hell would I ask Castillo for a new stereo? This one’s fine!” I yelled at him.“Well, why not? Gotta keep up the drug dealer image you know.” I didn’t respond and drove quickly, overtaking everyone in my path. I earned several shouts and fingers out windows from other drivers. I returned the favor, taking one hand off the wheel, giving everyone else the finger. Then I reached for my badge, flipped it open and held it above the windscreen. The fingers, horns and ‘blow it out your ass!’ yells ceased. “Who knew a badge could do so many things?” Tubbs muttered to me, showing his as well.I pushed open one of the doors into the OCB, irritated. First we’re off the case. Then we’re on it again. Then the feds come to say we’re off. Then Castillo says we’re on! Jeez. “Rico, I don’t understand this. Why the hell- no, wait. Let’s see Castillo.”“Uh, yeah.” Rico seemed confused. We went to Castillo’s office.“Yeah?” Castillo was there, working on paperwork, which reminded me of a stack at the St. Vitus.“Marty, we on the Vercetti case or what? I’m sick of being told we ain’t, then 5 minutes later, we are!” I was furious.“Yeah, you’re on the case. Just like the home invaders case with your friend Malone, we’re all working on it.”“Now that’s cleared up, what do you want us to do now?” I asked.“He’s staying at this address.” He handed me a slip of paper.Ocean View Hotel78 Ocean DriveOcean Beach, Vice City“Oh wonderful, we gotta make a trip to Vice City?”“Afraid so. You might want to stay there, he’s not coming here anytime soon.”“Okay, let’s do this.” I was confident we would get him easily.“Keep me posted.”Man, was I wrong.-------------------------------Comments go in the comments thread. http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1269Man, I'm really enjoying writing this. Next part: C&T go to Vice City, and there might be screenshots if you're lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
Vice, with a hint of Vice City - The actual PT 2 - Vice CityYeah, its short, but I got a whole lot more.------------------------------------------After a nice 100 mile drive down some interstate, man was I buggered. I pulled over in Little Havana, and turned to Rico. "You want to drive? Can't be too far." "Couple of miles or so. Yeah." We swapped seats and Rico stepped on it."What, have you been here before or something?""Yeah, vacation." He continued to drive faster than everyone else."I just realised, I never asked Castillo about the stereo.""You weren’t going to even if you had remembered.""You're probably right." Someone must have forgotten Tubbs was there, because there were quite a few horns. He kept running red lights and showed his badge. It didn’t do anything. “Rico, we’re in Vice City, our badges only mean something to the cops.†I indicated a cop walking down the road.“Yeah, I just realised. And here we are.†He pulled up on the side of the road and cut the engine. “Nice place, huh?â€â€œYeah, I like!†I got out of the car and walked into the hotel. “Hi, we have a reservation.†I said smoothly to the receptionist.“And you guys are?â€â€œI’m Sonny Burnett and this is Rico Cooper.â€â€œTwo bedroom suite?â€â€œYou got it.â€â€œRoom number’s 315 on the third floor.†She handed me the keys, the plastic credit-card ones.“Thank you.†I flashed a smile at her, knowing I would be seeing her again. “Let’s get out of here Rico.â€â€œYeah.†We walked up to our room.------------------------------------Yeah, I'm gonna get a pic of that receptionist. From the Sims.Comments go in the comments thread. http://miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1269

• 2 weeks later...

Another update after a couple of weeks, sorry for the wait. Schoolwork catches up with you. Here it is.--------------------------------"Nice!" exclaimed Rico as we walked in. It was decked out in total Miami style, glass blocks, view of the beach, the whole enchilada."Well, obviously Vice City picked up a few pointers on decorating from Miami. This is beautiful!" I yelled, looking at the place in amazement."You gonna try and start up a romance with Mrs. Unknown Receptionist?" Rico laughed."I don't know, this could be another example of LWP.""Remind me." Rico looked confused."Lust with potential, you got a short memory?""No. So, which bed is mine?" He indicated the lush pastel blue bed behind him, then pointed to the huge white bed in the other room."Well I want the blue one. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get information out of the receptionist.""You do that, I'll be watching the crap on TV over here." Rico made himself comfortable on the lounge as he said that. I walked out, wondering what crap he was on about."Hey darlin'." I greeted the receptionist with a smile. "You pretty lady got a name?""I'm Nina, Nina Caliente." She was a redhead, and was wearing a black top paired nicely with pink pants."Well, Nina, I need to know something. Could you tell me if a Tommy Vercetti is staying here?""WHO WANTS TO KNOW?!" yelled a voice behind me. I turned around, automatically reaching for my gun. A guy in a blue suit walked towards me, fuming. "Who the hell do you think you are?!"I didn't know if I was known in Vice City, but I said my name regardless. "I'm Sonny Burnett as***le, and I'm a big player in Miami!""Never heard of you." He dismissed what I said immediatley. "Incidentally, this is Vice City. Not Miami.""I am aware of that." I walked up to him and punched him right in the jaw. He went down like a bag of crap."What the hell... Who is this guy?" Rico came down then. Obviously the walls weren't very thick. "What was that all about Sonny?""I don't know." I turned to face Nina. "Thank you," I said softly. I walked back to our room and collapsed on the bed, tired as all hell.--------------------------------------------Another 3 pages of A4 paper filled with the rest of this. It won't be ending soon either. Comments go in the comments thread, I trust you guys can find it.

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, and I have 3 assignments. The reasons why updates aren't happening as much as I'd like.-------------------------------------I awoke to the sound of a television and the smell of toast. "Hey, Rico." I said to him as I stumbled in."Vercetti checked out this morning, Nina rang.""Damn! Why?""He doesn't like you obviously, but I bet he'll trust me.""Yeah, right," I said skeptically. "Where is he?""Starfish Island. Want some coffee?""Yeah, here's hoping its better than the stuff at the OCB.""Believe me, it is. The beautiful Nina Caliente wants to see you," he said, looking at the pink shirt and white pants I fell asleep in. "You might want to put on a clean shirt and that orange blazer." He pointed to it, lying on the kitchen counter."Yeah, why not? I'm gonna finish my coffee first though.†I took a sip. “Anything on TV?â€â€œIn the morning? You insane, my man?†He flicked it off. “Nothing on Vice City’s crap TV anyway.â€â€œI can imagine. Now I’m gonna see Nina, then I’m gonna make a trip to Star Island. You coming?â€â€œYou got it, man.â€â€œWe gonna finish the coffee?†I asked, wanting to finish mine.“Nah, the sooner we go the better. I’ll drive, I know where Vercetti lives.†He grabbed the keys to my Daytona and walked out the door, forcing me to follow him. We reached the Daytona and I reluctantly got into the passenger seat. Rico put a tape in the stereo, and I looked at him.“From Nina, she found a way to bug Vercetti’s phone. She said this was a phone call from one Evan Benvenuto.†Rico knew what I meant, and I was slightly shocked to hear the name Evan Benvenuto.“Evan Benvenuto!†I yelled. “He’s an undercover cop who’s living in Don Lothario’s old place, considering transferring to Vice!â€â€œWait a second. Does he live here?â€â€œYeah, very top of Vice Point. Let’s go see him.â€â€œWhatever you want but you’re driving.†I nodded and we swapped seats. I broke the speed limit by at least 20 mph in my haste to see him.------------------------------------------------You know where the comments go.

• 3 weeks later...

There are PICTURES in this update! (well, only 2, but still, pictures!)------------------------------------------Eingefügtes BildWhen we arrived there was a car out the front of the art deco styled house. I walked to the door and knocked. Evan opened the door in a very slick suit. “Who the hell are you?” he said irritably. I pulled out my badge.“Vice pal, Vice. Now let us in.”“Alright, alright. Won’t make no difference to me.”Soon after we walked in and made ourselves comfortable, Evan came up to me.“So who are you guys? And, anyone for coffee?”“I’m Sonny Crockett and this is my partner, Ricardo Tubbs. Before the coffee I wanna see your ID.”“Yeah, sure, lemme find it.” He walked off to a desk and started rummaging around in a drawer.“Evan, buddy, you shouldn’t keep your ID in a desk. If you’re a dealer your loungeroom is a high-traffic area. Keep it on you at all times.”He looked at me. “No one tells me what to do with my ID.” He continued to go thru the drawer.“Your cover.” I looked at Rico. “Not bad if it’s taking him this long to find the bloody thing.”“Yeah, I agree man.” Rico answered. Finally Evan came over to us, dusty black wallet in his hand.“Jeez man, when was the last time you got that thing?” I asked him.“A while. But I don’t dust it. Only the inside gets it. Here, does this prove it so we can get down to business and stop wasting my time?”“Your time?” I asked, but looked at his ID regardless.Eingefügtes Bild"Yeah, that proves it. Now, to what we’re here for. We want Tommy Vercetti. He’s been in Miami for about 3 weeks, trying to get new people. Also trying to sell drugs, weapons… crap like that.”Evan looked at me, slightly shocked. “He’s giving you hell and has fled here right?”“Yep.”“I’m not gonna stop you getting him, we want him too. Does he know you?”“Hell yeah he knows me, he damn near punched me the last time we met.”-----------------------------------------Yeah, small update, but... the pictures. More will be coming up shortly because I'm on school holidays now.And comments go here! http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1269

Alright, smart-ass, here's the 'sheriff's' sig that I photoshopped in there (using a brush in my handwriting). The stuff I do for you... with slow internet access.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Welllllllllll.....that's more like it girl! ;)Your handwriting is as bad as mine...who the hell is he? I can't read it? :D

No one can. Just take a look at this sample of my handwriting...Eingefügtes BildThat was just I name I made up. Steve Moriya I think it was.Now I'm hijacking my own thread! :D