Episode #108 "Miracle Man"

Ferrariman

6 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

This should be called "Moron Man"!

Exactly! This is a despicably bad episode...unbelievably, pathetic & pointless plot & bad acting! :evil: It’s an embarrassment to the show and what it was about & originally stood for. ;( However, “Missing Hours” is worse & the ultimate worst episode of the series (and possibly of television history)! :wuerg: But, this episode & “Everybody’s In Showbiz” tie for the 2nd worst episode/s of the show. “Cows of October” & “Viking Bikers From Hell” tie for the 3rd worst episode/s. :thumbsdown: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Exactly! This is a despicably bad episode...unbelievably, pathetic & pointless plot & bad acting! :evil: It’s an embarrassment to the show and what it was about & originally stood for. ;( However, “Missing Hours” is worse & the ultimate worst episode of the series (and possibly of television history)! :wuerg: But, this episode & “Everybody’s In Showbiz” tie for the 2nd worst episode/s of the show. “Cows of October” & “Viking Bikers From Hell” tie for the 3rd worst episode/s. :thumbsdown: 

I liked Viking bikers though...especially the fight at the end. Other high highlight of 'miracle man' is Tubbs shooting the bad guy.

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1

I have never seen this episode and don't intend too, I remember years ago with it beginning with Sonny taking a bite out of a chocolate gun and some ridiculous comical, vigilante guy running around and didn't bother watching the rest. 

Same with Cows of October, The Big Thaw and Missing Hours, just remember the beginnings and thinking f*** this, where is Miami Vice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I have never seen this episode and don't intend too, I remember years ago with it beginning with Sonny taking a bite out of a chocolate gun and some ridiculous comical, vigilante guy running around and didn't bother watching the rest. 

Same with Cows of October, The Big Thaw and Missing Hours, just remember the beginnings and thinking f*** this, where is Miami Vice?

You’re not missing much with this episode...total garbage. But, it might be interesting for you to watch it at least once, to see how pathetic it is.

Although it is total ridiculousness :p, there’s something about “Big Thaw” that I don’t mind. As stone-faced as he always is, I even found Castillo’s reaction to proposed law suits by the ‘evil’ widow hilarious! :) 

But, I can hardly stand “Miracle Man”, “Viking Bikers”, or “Showbiz”...and there’s those that like them for whatever reasons. To each his or her own, I guess. :funky:

However, I think the ‘majority’ of viewers agree that “Missing Hours” is the worst episode—and you’re definitely not missing (pun intended ;)) anything by by-passing that bizarre cluster-crap supposedly considered an ‘episode’.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

But, I can hardly stand “Miracle Man”, “Viking Bikers”, or “Showbiz”...and there’s those that like them for whatever reasons. To each his or her own, I guess

"Showbiz" was pathetic...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Can somebody send me this Episode in 1080p res ? I have all first 4 seasons in 1080p but, I cant find S5 in 1080p on the internet.... Online is not good for me because I want to edit videos from S5 testarossa scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 6:46 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Well-- I'd say Leap of Faith is worse than Viking Bikers From Hell. By a lot. Not that that S3 episode is good.

However Viking Bikers from Hell is atleast a little entertaining and has some action packed into it, and is something more original and in tone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adrian321 said:

Well-- I'd say Leap of Faith is worse than Viking Bikers From Hell. By a lot. Not that that S3 episode is good.

However Viking Bikers from Hell is atleast a little entertaining and has some action packed into it, and is something more original and in tone.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, but I can hardly stand "Viking"...I even hear those morons speak & I swear my IQ drops like 10 points, LOL! :) "Leap" is not a great or strong episode at all, but again it was supposed to be a spin-off...and was a possible delve in another direction with the Joey Harden character. So, even though "Leap" is not one of my favorites by any means, at least it was somewhat intelligent. :p I can watch "Leap" over "Viking Bikers", "Missing Hours", or "Miracle Man".

Edited by ViceFanMan

14 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, but I can hardly stand "Viking"...I even hear those morons speak & I swear my IQ drops like 10 points, LOL! :) "Leap" is not a great or strong episode at all, but again it was supposed to be a spin-off...and was a possible delve in another direction with the Joey Harden character. So, even though "Leap" is not one of my favorites by any means, at least it was somewhat intelligent. :p I can watch "Leap" over "Viking Bikers", "Missing Hours", or "Miracle Man".

Yes “Leap” was going to be potentially picked up as a spin off for the 1989-90 season but ratings bombed and was poorly received.

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes “Leap” was going to be potentially picked up as a spin off for the 1989-90 season but ratings bombed and was poorly received.

Yeah, "Leap" was originally done as a possible spin-off "idea" to propose to NBC...but, I don't think it ever got proposed. I think they ran out of time, and when NBC cancelled MV, there was no longer any point to still try and present it. So, it just got shelved until after the finale aired...then was 1 of 3 episodes that were aired after the finale, so they could legally & contractually say they were aired. 

Holy Moly--- this Miracle Man thread still goes on! 

LOL, yes it's a hard sell on which of "Viking" or "Leap" is the poorer.  I can't say it was the story that's bad in either one---"college crimes that need college undercover infiltration" eventually found some traction after Band of the Hand and Jump Street kept it going,... and "bikers who just don't know where the brakes are" is always a plausible foundation to build an episode on (Rockford Files did one episode about a biker gang that to this day I have a LOT of shock and respect for....ViceFanMan, your incredible radar for tv archive will probably zoom right in on which episode that was---I remember it felt like a spin-off attempt for the character featured in it).  

I have to say the ACTING is what made BOTH episodes poor.  NOT lousy actors, (well....except maybe Reb Brown, who could never really do his lines in any movie convincingly), but just the actors they chose were WRONG for those part.  Most of them proven GOOD actors, cuz we've seen them in other Vice episodes, or we've seen them standout in other tv series (Giacomo, that wild actress can DELIVER)---but just not the right performers to place in the roles of these two episodes.   "Viking" had the poorer collection of wrong actors to me, so I have to consider "Leap" the one that's more watchable. 

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Augusta said:

Holy Moly--- this Miracle Man thread still goes on! 

LOL, yes it's a hard sell on which of "Viking" or "Leap" is the poorer.  I can't say it was the story that's bad in either one---"college crimes that need college undercover infiltration" eventually found some traction after Band of the Hand and Jump Street kept it going,... and "bikers who just don't know where the brakes are" is always a plausible foundation to build an episode on (Rockford Files did one episode about a biker gang that to this day I have a LOT of shock and respect for....ViceFanMan, your incredible radar for tv archive will probably zoom right in on which episode that was---I remember it felt like a spin-off attempt for the character featured in it).  

I have to say the ACTING is what made BOTH episodes poor.  NOT lousy actors, (well....except maybe Reb Brown, who could never really do his lines in any movie convincingly), but just the actors they chose were WRONG for those part.  Most of them proven GOOD actors, cuz we've seen them in other Vice episodes, or we've seen them standout in other tv series (Giacomo, that wild actress can DELIVER)---but just not the right performers to place in the roles of these two episodes.   "Viking" had the poorer collection of wrong actors to me, so I have to consider "Leap" the one that's more watchable. 

I have somewhat of a radar for vintage TV...but, believe it or not, I've not really watched much of Rockford Files:eek: I keep meaning to, and get the entire series & reunion movie series, and watch from beginning to end...but, I keep getting into tons of others shows to binge watch, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. :p

But, several shows back in the 70s & 80s did episodes about biker gangs...Knight Rider even did one. In all honesty I think they're usually kind of ridiculous, and I'm not a huge fan of that plot or storyline idea. But, I agree that with those types of plots you have to have it cast good enough to make it work, and I'm sorry but the "Viking Biker" episode of MV did not!

As I said before, just hearing those idiots talk or speak grated on my nerves & screamed stupid! :o That and the plot was fairly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

The "Leap" episode didn't seem to really resonate with anything, or have the proverbial "spark" to actually cultivate a regular series around or out of it...although the cast wasn't too bad. They were at least intelligent and you could halfway relate to them. ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan

• 6 months later...

i find that episode very interesting. about mental disease, and the explosive cocktail of those coupled with hard drugs. i find the guy attaching. increased by the fact he's an Izzy relative

• Like 1