Miami trip May 2014 - Deering estate & more

CarolineUK

Hi all

I have been very busy since returning from Miami  a few months ago, but below is a link to some photos of new areas I'd visited this trip: they include the Deering estate (which I thought was lovely), Bill Baggs state park views of Stiltsville, downtown Miami including the Burn Notice intro wall & myself with Elvis Junior and a few pics of hotel Alexander which I came across accidentally so I got a few shots for Definitely Miami fans. Lastly there's a view of the seaplane going overhead when I was walking from South Pointe park - great to see it.

I'll be adding some pics in the next few days of the Lauderdale by Sea where Leon was iced in the pilot. I've taken so many pics again on this trip but I'm just posting some new ones I've seen. Enjoy!!

http://s988.photobucket.com/user/suzyuk111/library/Miami%202014

• Like 2

Very nice photos CarolineUK! :cool:

Loved the Deering Estate shots from Bushido and Afternoon Plane. I need to get there to see this place.

Were the Stiltsville shots taken near the Lighthouse?

And though I am a Def Miami fan I need some help on the shots pls. Think I picked out the beach scene with Sonny and Callie and maybe the site of the safe house on the beach? 

• Like 1

Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Great shots of The Deering Estate. I haven't been there yet but I'd like to go. I haven't been to Miami in quite a while. I'd like to go back though. There's still a few locations I have yet to see and get pictures of    

• Like 1

Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Great shots of The Deering Estate. I haven't been there yet but I'd like to go. I haven't been to Miami in quite a while. I'd like to go back though. There's still a few locations I have yet to see and get pictures of    

Many thanks, Tommy. It was my first visit to the estate & it was a calm place which I loved. I need to watch the eps it appeared in then I might have some extra shots to post. I was also delighted to find the Only Fools Miami house, located across the Intracoastal from the Alexander hotel. This location viewing is an addictive hobby lol

Very nice photos CarolineUK! :cool:

Loved the Deering Estate shots from Bushido and Afternoon Plane. I need to get there to see this place.

Were the Stiltsville shots taken near the Lighthouse?

And though I am a Def Miami fan I need some help on the shots pls. Think I picked out the beach scene with Sonny and Callie and maybe the site of the safe house on the beach? 

Many thanks, Sonny-Burnett. The Deering estate is quite a drive south from Miami but on that day I did a side trip to Coral Gables on the return drive and went for a much-needed swim at Coral Gables Venetian pool - as mentioned on here before, what a pity they didn't use the pool as a MV location or Burn Notice for that matter!

The Stiltsville shots were taken from the northern side of the Lighthouse and from the south of it (the shot with the boat). I have seen the location of Caroline's house on Key Biscayne before when visiting with DanJ & Jim but this time it appears the house has changed. I had a drive around Key Biscayne as it's not an area I'm acquainted with apart from driving through to Bill Baggs state park: I wish I had taken a print off of the locations map with me but it good to see it anyway.

Regarding Definitely Miami: it's not one of my favourite eps but I took a few shots for Def Mia fans of the hotel used in the episode as I had parked nearby.

• Like 1