• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MiamiCop123

• Lar

• timm525

• agent 47

• Administrators

Loved em' both. Just bought and have been watching season 7 of Magnum PI. Glad to see the prices on them just dropped. They were charging close to 50.00 bucks for a season! To quote Higgins, "OH MY GOD! THAT IS PREPOSTEROUS!" I got season seven for 15.00 bucks. Big difference.Great show.Great thread!

Guest neworder

Magnum P.I doesn't look too bad, only seen bits. And i dont want to get into another 80's TV show...I get enough odd looks as it is when I say i like Miami Vice, but hey people my age are clearly ignorant lol

...but hey people my age are clearly ignorant....Even at 39 you still find large groups of them! :eek:I work with them, and they are a lot older than me!I agree though, Magnum PI is a great show. I might try to start collecting that one. To combat my wife's collections of 70's shows.

Miami Vice is the best detective show ever made! Magnum was okay, but it doesn't have the production values that Vice had. (licensed music, Jan Hammer score, guest stars up the yin-yang.) It's hard to compare a "studio" show like Magnum to Miami Vice. Although Magnum had a good theme song and updated one of my favorite genres, the Private Eye genre. (although Mike Hammer is the best P.I. of all time, just watch I, The Jury or the oldie Kiss Me Deadly, but that's for another discussion.) Miami Vice is a benchmark of televison and basically is a scrapbook for the 80's (although that last statement may be tarnished due me being born in the 90's!) and, for me, the essence of modern cool.(the show was also a huge influence on fashion, although Magnum wore cool shirts.) Magnum is exciting, but Miami Vice is bordering on something more: ART.

I used to be obsessed with Magnum (in fact, Tom Selleck is still everywhere in my room) until Vice came into my life. I used to wear Hawaiian shirts all the time. Now its pastels.Got the entire series of Magnum on DVD and they're sitting right next to Vice.

I liked Crime Story, and have both seasons on DVD.Great show, of course produced by MM.Now Lar, you left out another action show from the 80's.BJ and the Bear. :)

Many Vice fans were once Magnum fans before they converted in the 1984-1985 season. So what do you guys think? Start talking....

My second favorite series from the 80's. I'm trying to get all 8 seasons now. Magnum looked pretty good for his 40's in that era.

Castillo's mustache would totally own Magnum's stache! It's the ultimate tv facial hair showdown!

This would be a diificult match, Magnum without it? That wolud be weird, we've seen Edward without his a lot, but Castillo? If he didn't have it, he would look even more menacing with that "What do you think I mean stupid?" glare that he gives people when he's angry. I think Castillo would scare the crap out of Magnum though with the glare.

This would be a diificult match' date=' Magnum without it? That wolud be weird, we've seen Edward without his a lot, but Castillo? If he didn't have it, he would look even more menacing with that "What do you think I mean stupid?" glare that he gives people when he's angry. I think Castillo would scare the crap out of Magnum though with the glare.[/quote']Yeah, he'd also scare the crap out of my maths class. :D I can just imagine my teacher after he leaves (maybe if he yelled as well), "Now shut up or he'll come back."

Personally, I am a fan of both shows. But I liked Magnum before Vice, and still like both. Castillo's mustache and Magnum's stache are both too close to call. But, is that all? I thought alot of Vice fans HATED Magnum. Oh, well I guess I was wrong.:o

Much love and respect to EJO and Martin Castillo, but let's get serious people. Tom Selleck has the greatest mustache in human history. The guy who invented the mustache would be humbled in its presence.

• Administrators

All mustaches aside "Magnum" just doesn't hold a candle to "Vice" Tried watching a few eps and was bored out of my mind.

• Administrators

I thought it had a great story line.Magnum had the ferrari.TC the helicopterRick the boatHiggins the estate.The plots were a little cheese to watch now a days. But hey, I used to love the A-Team when I was a kid and can't stand to watch it now.And I do agree with you that it is not as good as vice.