Season 1 DVD Menus

Bilders

Hello, I own the Australian releases of all seasons and I would like to see a comparison of how your menus look. Could anybody who owns the USA/UK versions of Season 1 please show me photos of how their menus look, and if they also have subtitles or any bonus features. And also if it has the macrovision protection video. I need to replace my Season 1 yet as my One Eyed Jack episode is no longer at it's best of performance levels. Much appreciated!!!

Hello, I own the Australian releases of all seasons and I would like to see a comparison of how your menus look. Could anybody who owns the USA/UK versions of Season 1 please show me photos of how their menus look, and if they also have subtitles or any bonus features. And also if it has the macrovision protection video. I need to replace my Season 1 yet as my One Eyed Jack episode is no longer at it's best of performance levels. Much appreciated!!!

Yes this would be interesting  :D

• Administrators

I assume the UK version would be the same, since they're both the PAL region versions. But not sure about the NTSC version.

That would be great if it is the case. There's a funky UK version. Same cover design but in blue instead of purple and orange.

I can upload a video of the Australian menu version if any overseas members wanted to see.

SL1DE I figure you have the purple/orange box set for Season 1 like I do.

They all appear to be related. Even the US menus.

One little thing I like about my set is at the end of the discs in Season 1 is the Macrovision Copyright Protection commercial plays. The backing music has such a Vice feel to it, especially after you've just watched disc-ending episodes such as 'Heart of Darkness', 'Calderone's Return' and 'Lombard'.

• Administrators

That would be great if it is the case. There's a funky UK version. Same cover design but in blue instead of purple and orange.

I can upload a video of the Australian menu version if any overseas members wanted to see.

SL1DE I figure you have the purple/orange box set for Season 1 like I do.

Well, not exactly.

I actually obtained the episodes in a way which may be considered illegal. It's just the episodes in mp4 format, so I don't actually have any DVD menus. :o  And season 1 I have ripped off Hulu Plus because 720p is so much clearer than the DVD releases are. 

But we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here so I'll stop right there.

Just waiting for a bluray release, that - I would purchase in a heartbeat.

Anyway, I found this on Google, I think it's the US version, as IGN have screenshots of the same menu.

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

Yes Im surprised we have not heard anything about a blu ray release considering how Miami Vice sold extremely well on dvd :D  :fireworks:  :cake:  :radio:  :baby2:

I would love that. It would be one of the only shows I would consider getting.

I may look on Hulu to see how their quality compares to my DVD's.

Anyway, I found this on Google, I think it's the US version, as IGN have screenshots of the same menu.

Eingefügtes Bild

I have the same intro. Cheers for that!

• Administrators

I would love that. It would be one of the only shows I would consider getting.

I may look on Hulu to see how their quality compares to my DVD's.

It may be difficult getting Hulu in Australia. :p

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

I have the same intro. Cheers for that!

No problem.

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

It may be difficult getting Hulu in Australia. :p

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

No problem.

Really great quality images  :D  :)

Edited by Matt5

• 10 months later...

Well, not exactly.

I actually obtained the episodes in a way which may be considered illegal. It's just the episodes in mp4 format, so I don't actually have any DVD menus. :o  And season 1 I have ripped off Hulu Plus because 720p is so much clearer than the DVD releases are. 

But we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here so I'll stop right there.

Just waiting for a bluray release, that - I would purchase in a heartbeat.

miami-vice-season-one--20050331045436785

THIS is the UK version...this is exactly how it is on my version.

Yeh that's the UK version.

Anyone know how Hulu has HD versions of Vice, It's upscaled to HD right and not native right?

• 5 years later...

Found a video online showing the different main menus from each season of the Mill Creek set I own. Here's the box set and the S1 menu. No animation, no special features, "Episode Select" takes you to the same image just with each disc's respective 6 episodes in a list. Pretty uninspired, honestly.

81GjseEj5lL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

622189746.webp

Edited by zachbmarsh

vor 13 Stunden schrieb zachbmarsh:

Found a video online showing the different main menus from each season of the Mill Creek set I own. Here's the box set and the S1 menu. No animation, no special features, "Episode Select" takes you to the same image just with each disc's respective 6 episodes in a list. Pretty uninspired, honestly.

81GjseEj5lL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

622189746.webp 52 kB · 2 downloads

Thank God we Europeans have the Koch BluRay Boxset, the best set ever in quality of video  sharpness/colors, languages/subtitles (full subtitles in ENG/GER) and fan value (episode guide, menus, packaging, ...). I pity all the Americans who have to live with the crappy uninspired Mills Creek set that is so blurry colorwise that I think I have cataracts when I watch above picture. And this was once the most renowned series for colors and visuals! :birdie: