Alexander -2009?

Tony D.

Tony, I'm sorry, but let's just put this one to rest at this time. The recent bad feelings with the "split" of the MV website fans, and the current economy mean that everyone might be better off partying with their own close circle of friends, and look after their own economic interests and their personal economic situation. I would rather not encourage someone to spend their next mortgage payment on a vacation. Everyone should just party where you are, and gather in your family and friends and enjoy life. This crisis is hardly the end of the world, and we will make it out of it OK.What do you think of that idea?

• Administrators

Tony, I too agree with Richie Rich.The convention is a wonderful dream, but right now the way things are going I don't think it will be realistic.With the state of the economy and the recent events between the boards, I don't think this will pan out.Has ANYONE ELSE offered to assist you with the planning and research on this? Are you the only one busting your butt to make this happen? I just hate to see you put your heart and soul into this if the interest and participation is not there.I think that if you don't have at lease two dozen FIRM commitments from members that say ABSOLUTELY they will be there, then I think this will just be a huge waste of your time and efforts.Just my opinion buddy. I wish you good luck on this.

Yes, guys I'm sorry to say that you are right!About 6 months ago, Ell.a put a lot of time in making a DVD which consolidated all the episodes into a short program that could be shown at the Convention. I'll e-mail her & tell her to save what she has and we can use it in the hopefully near future, when the economy improves. The 25th Anniversary of Miami Vice would have been ideal for a revival, but it's not meant to be. :cry: Too bad!

Agreed, Tony.It's best that we just say that there will be no 2009 Convention. Everyone is aware of the bad economic times, and that a lot of events have been cancelled, until some future time when things improve. There should be no righteous indignation, or throwing of fits, as this news should not be a shock to anyone. If anyone wants to scream and yell about the cancellation, just point them in my direction. I can take the heat - and would be glad to clear my desk of all my other pending cases, and make their life ... well, you know the rest.Nice look in the new pic. Looking sharp - and I see that you wander in public with your white blazer, which I have not done yet.

• Administrators

Virtual Convention

About 6 months ago' date=' Ell.a put a lot of time in making a DVD which consolidated all the episodes into a short program that could be shown at the Convention. I'll e-mail her & tell her to save what she has and we can use it in the hopefully near future, when the economy improves![/quote']No problem, Tony! I will save my work. Now I have more time to improve the clips. ;)
Always look on the bright side of life! :funky:
So if there is no possibility to come together for a convention IRL in Miami ... maybe we can make a kind of convention here ... meeting in the video chat at a special date and time, bringing in some new and special stuff (Cooper&Burnett, are you with me?).Thus also others have the possibility to participate and to contribute by sharing their special Vice pics, wallpapers, stationeries, screensavers, video clips, drawings, stories. Maybe we'll also have another interview. Maybe we can also invite one or two guest stars to participate the chat.Well, maybe I just go bonkers, but maybe not. It all depends on the will and dedication of each and every registered member here. Yes, we can! ;):fireworks::glossy:

So if there is no possibility to come together for a convention IRL in Miami ... maybe we can make a kind of convention here ... meeting in the video chat at a special date and time' date=' bringing in some new and special stuff (Cooper&Burnett, are you with me?).Thus also others have the possibility to participate and to contribute by sharing their special Vice pics, wallpapers, stationeries, screensavers, video clips, drawings, stories. Maybe we'll also have another interview. Maybe we can also invite one or two guest stars to participate the chat.[/quote']Yeah, let's do that. I'd be happy to do that, and my parents won't mind. Me saying 'I'm just off to Miami for a week, see you then' probably won't work.Just so long as its not during the wee hours of the morning here and preferably while I'm not at school.

Yeah, I think my mom would freak if I said I'm going to a convention in Miami. "See you in a week, going to the Miami Vice convention in Miami, maybe get some good cuban food, bring Dad back cigars, see ya next week!" Maybe a special Miami Vice Convention thread in September (on the same day the series premiered.) were we post pics and stuff of what we would have done at the convention, instead of going down there, during a bad economy and arguing with .org guys.

• 1 month later...

I would love to attend! Maybe by this time next year things will improve, and it'd be great to go around Miami with some people who know the filming locations :)

... during a bad economy and arguing with .org guys.

The bad economy is a temporary thing, and will pass.Arguing with .org guys? How can you argue with an empty suit? The body is gone, nothing but an empty shell is left. Kind of hard to argue with that, pal.