Everglades Hotel ( Biscayne Bvld ) .

Matt5

Great old photos Matt.  These are two of the first landmarks to go after Vice filming.  Anyone who want to see Vice's Miami better hurry.

• Like 1

My problem is that if the Gold Coast Shipping building was destroyed, which historic buildings are safe?

Unless they are registered with the National Places no MV buildings are safe - look at the Miami Herald gone in 2014 . :thumbsdown:

Unfortunately there is no law that says structures on the National Register of Historic Places can't be torn down.  It's happened before.  Their own website states:  National Register listing places no obligations on private property owners. There are no restrictions on the use, treatment, transfer, or disposition of private property.

Edited by miamijimf

Do you guys have any past aerial or land photos of the Miami Herald? I remember it fondly from One Eyed Jack when they are in the boat waiting for Lombard to leak dirt. Also wasn't it the carpark for that building used in the teaser for Cool Running?

• Like 1

Do you guys have any past aerial or land photos of the Miami Herald? I remember it fondly from One Eyed Jack when they are in the boat waiting for Lombard to leak dirt. Also wasn't it the carpark for that building used in the teaser for Cool Running?

Bilders - yes the car park was seen in the teaser of "Cool Runnin ' " from Season 1 . 

Here is a pic of the Herald in 2013 ( lower right of the picture )  - kind of my recreation shot from "Bought and Paid For" ( and "Miami Squeeze" ) on the Venetian Cswy  :dance2:  :balloon:  :dance: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Nice photos, here's one showing an over head of the Herald Building property. click to see larger pic.

herald Bldg2

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Great stuff guys!

Matt5, is your photo of the spot where Crockett pulls Arroyo over after the car chase?

Mr. Jim, lovely angle of the Herald. Are there any points of interest shown within this photo? I think I can see the Cool Runnin' teaser towards the right?

Great stuff guys!

Matt5, is your photo of the spot where Crockett pulls Arroyo over after the car chase?

Mr. Jim, lovely angle of the Herald. Are there any points of interest shown within this photo? I think I can see the Cool Runnin' teaser towards the right?

Pretty much Bilders yes as well as "Miami Squeeze" . 

Great photo Jim 

:D