Just a heads up about the Persol raybans.

Kavinsky

a few months ago, on one of these threads I managed to find a pair of raybans that were a pretty damn close lookalike to the persol's sonny wore in S3, using the measurements of an ebay ad for the persols, as the size lens bridge numbers are more or less alike on both of them,

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB4151-rb4151-black/805289745709

Eingefügtes Bild

hell the only real differences is that there is a little bit of a lip on the lower half of the edges of the persol's that are not there on the raybans, and the angle of the stems is a little sharper, more like a / than | on the raybans, in addition to the lense color being a touch more red

you can see it here if you freezeframe at 2:52

but other than that, it is quite close to it from the look of it.

and recently I went over to my local mall to see if they had them at the local store, as I was weary of ordering them in as I've found that out of the Rayban nose bridge messurements, I need usually about 19 +, any smaller like the two 18's I have and it causes comfort issues.

and these are below that

thing was these were the ones that had the stupid little tabs that rest on your nose, this one didnt have that, so I went over there to see if it wasnt an issue.

and when I asked about it, they didnt have them, next thing you know I check the website and about 3 of the styles, including the polarized ones are gone out of like the 9 versions they had on there a few months ago

and today its down to 3, on the day the ones I ebayed for 80 arrived with the black plastic frames and non polarized glass

so if you want them, now is the time to look for them and see if they have them in stock at your local places or on ebay.

and also I dont know quite what is going on but it seems like in general the amount of polarized glasses on the raybans website are disappearing.

and I'm not sure if its an error, an oversight, or if its on purpose, or if its under a new name, so it might not be a bad idea to look for the ones that specifically have a P on them.

although be careful of a guy by the name of bigandbald on ebay there, as he was using the photos of a different ad and admited it to me when I asked him about it after putting a bid down and then seeing the exact same 3 photos on a different ad

in addition to about another 5 from the same set.

so I pulled out and retracted the bid, and bought the 80 dollar ones instead of the 50 dollar havana polarized ones I was looking at.

Edited by Kavinsky