CROCKETT,TUBBS CATHOLIC!!

COOPER&BURNETT

I'd agree with that.But I'm not 100% convinced that Castillo converted to Buddhism. Just my opinion.

You know, I'm not convinced either! So far, there is no hard evidence showing what he is or isn't. He seems to know a few priests though....With Castillo...who knows! :)

Guest The Talk

There was definitely a priest at the ceremony.Additionally there is another clue:A woman (I guess it's Larry's mother - as Castillo holds her hand) has a rosary in her hand. This is a very catholic item.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildDoes someone knows anything about the church/mortuary the ceremony took place at? (There is nothing mentioned in the glossary)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

There was definitely a priest at the ceremony.Additionally there is another clue:A woman (I guess it's Larry's mother - as Castillo holds her hand) has a rosary in her hand. This is a very catholic item.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildDoes someone knows anything about the church/mortuary the ceremony took place at? (There is nothing mentioned in the glossary)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

WOW!!! We are leaning alot!It looks like we established that ZITO was in fact, Catholic.Great photo proof THE TALK!Was there a Priest at Tubbs' son's funeral?

Guest The Talk
WOW!!! We are leaning alot!It looks like we established that ZITO was in fact' date=' Catholic.Great photo proof THE TALK!Was there a Priest at Tubbs' son's funeral?[/quote']Thanks, Coop. Yep. There was a priest. But to me this would be a hint that Angelina was Catholic. Not necessarily a hint for Rico.I do not know the difference what Protestant pastors wear and what Catholic priests wear. But I think this tippet is typical Catholic.Seems to be the same priest (actor) as at Zito's funeral.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I think it's the same priest like you said.One again, your screen capture proof really helps make this thread quite an exciting, educational, and fun thread.Your really helping to make a case for which religions the characters are.A picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks THE TALK!!!

I think one proof for that Tubbs is a catholic is the scene where he´s sitting half on his desk, reading in a bible. And remember the scene in Smuggler´s Blues when he´s on the boat after Lieutenenat Jones, the blackmailer, was killed. He saw the black cloud rising into the sky, thought that Trudy, Sonny, and Sam were dead. When he heard Sonny´s voice in his ear, he crossed himself. That´s a very catholic sign.

I think one proof for that Tubbs is a catholic is the scene where he´s sitting half on his desk' date=' reading in a bible. And remember the scene in Smuggler´s Blues when he´s on the boat after Lieutenenat Jones, the blackmailer, was killed. He saw the black cloud rising into the sky, thought that Trudy, Sonny, and Sam were dead. When he heard Sonny´s voice in his ear, he crossed himself. That´s a very catholic sign.[/quote']I mentioned that on page one, but your right, this seems to suggest very highly that he is, in fact, catholic. He even said while crossing himself ("SANTA MARIA MODIOSE"). I don't think it's too unusual for the characters to be Catholic, as there is an extremely high percentage of U.S. citizens that are Catholic, so the odds seem to be in thier favor.

Is it me or does this guy almost look like Frank Zappa from "Payback"?

:) He does! "I found out that Bur nett and Crock ett are the same guy! I want my money Crockett, It's mine"

I'd say we have solidly pegged Crockett, Tubbs, Zito, and Gina (who was a no-brainer) as Catholic. Castillo, on the other hand, is still more or less a mystery. (Does anyone have pics of Crockett's and Caitlin's wedding? Unfortunately, there are no pics of the Priest in the glossary's photos for "Like A Hurricane").So, that just leaves Switek and Gina. Did we ever get any clues as to those two?

I'd say we have solidly pegged Crockett' date=' Tubbs, Zito, and Gina (who was a no-brainer) as Catholic. Castillo, on the other hand, is still more or less a mystery. (Does anyone have pics of Crockett's and Caitlin's wedding? Unfortunately, there are no pics of the Priest in the glossary's photos for "Like A Hurricane").So, that just leaves Switek and Gina. Did we ever get any clues as to those two?[/quote']I forgot about thier wedding! I remembered that we never saw Caitlin's funeral, but I forgot about thier wedding!Was there a Priest there? GREAT IDEA Lar! :clap:

Thanks! There was a Priest there, or at least a collared pastor. A wedding could've been done in whatever Caitlin's respective denomination is (well, was), but it's still another possible clue!

Guest The Talk
One again' date=' your screen capture proof really helps make this thread quite an exciting, educational, and fun thread.Your really helping to make a case for which religions the characters are.A picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks THE TALK!!![/quote']Thanks again, Coop :cheers:. It's the least I can do. I only help with the screenshots. Without your knowledge and ideas this thread wouldn't exist. :thumbsup:
Was there a Priest there? GREAT IDEA Lar! :clap:
I'd say you guys keep me busy... ;):)Here we go. Catholic or Protestant? I don't know.Eingefügtes Bild

It's a Pastel Priest! Fr. Armani?Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell if he's Catholic or Protestant. Caitlin was Scottish (or at least Sheena Easton was), and that's a mainly Protestant country, so it may have been a Protestant service for her. Remember, if Sonny was Catholic, he was divorced from Caroline, and while divorce is not unheard of in the Catholic Church, there are certain circumstances for an annulment, and they may have been out of Sonny's reach. My knowledge on divorce and annulments in Catholocism is a bit hazy, but that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok' date=' I don't understand? Why are we talking about religions in Miami Vice? Please explain...[/quote']This is a thread about what religions the shows writers gave to the fictional characters, as many were not said outright on the show, but the characters do have a back history. Small mentions, and props have given clues.We are just examining the clues, and piecing it together.

I for one always get a kick out of discovering the various religions of any fictional character I like. Not because it will influence my liking the character (a cool character is a cool character), but rather because you can see how their faith (if any) influences their decisions, actions, etc. (if at all). It adds a more human, realistic touch to our on-screen heroes.

Crockett, Tubbs CatholicWOW, look at that! a picture of a priest and a rosary! That's quite a find!!! Good detective work!MJ

• Administrators
I'm no expert on the subject' date=' but it looks to me like a stylish designer clerical collar and suit for a Priest![/quote']I'd second that.

Crockett, Tubbs CatholicLOL Father Armani! I love it!!!Annulments are tough to get. To put it very simply, you have to prove somehow there never was a marriage in the true sense. So that answers the question about Father "Armani". He couldn't be a Catholic Priest because priests aren't allowed to marry divorced Catholics. He must be a minister. Correct me if I'm old fashioned here. It's been a long time since I read Catholic doctrine. Great stuff everyone. The clues are terrific.

It's a Pastel Priest! Fr. Armani?Unfortunately' date=' it's impossible to tell if he's Catholic or Protestant. Caitlin was Scottish (or at least Sheena Easton was), and that's a mainly Protestant country, so it may have been a Protestant service for her. Remember, if Sonny was Catholic, he was divorced from Caroline, and while divorce is not unheard of in the Catholic Church, there are certain circumstances for an annulment, and they may have been out of Sonny's reach. My knowledge on divorce and annulments in Catholocism is a bit hazy, but that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote']

Guest The Talk

....He couldn't be a Catholic Priest because priests aren't allowed to marry divorced Catholics. He must be a minister. Correct me if I'm old fashioned here. It's been a long time since I read Catholic doctrine.

No, it's not you who is old fashioned. ;)You are right on what you said. So this is another good proof/clue you found. :thumbsup:

Hey, Coop, this probably has been mentioned a long time ago but I saw Tubbs reading the bible on his desk in Cool Runnin' an hour ago.(the awesome power of DVD, proof that God loves us, if you don't believe in God, sorry for this last line.) If it's been said before, whoops, my bad.

Annulments are tough to get. To put it very simply' date=' you have to prove somehow there never was a marriage in the true sense. So that answers the question about Father "Armani". He couldn't be a Catholic Priest because priests aren't allowed to marry divorced Catholics. He must be a minister.[/quote']That's how I understand it. Agreed, that's probably a minister, not a Priest. So, it's Reverend Armani, not Fr. Armani ;)!