CROCKETT,TUBBS CATHOLIC!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Hey' date=' Coop, this probably has been mentioned a long time ago but I saw Tubbs reading the bible on his desk in Cool Runnin' an hour ago.(the awesome power of DVD, proof that God loves us, if you don't believe in God, sorry for this last line.) If it's been said before, whoops, my bad.[/quote']Yep. It's on the very first posting on the very first page agent 47.

LOL Father Armani! I love it!!!Annulments are tough to get. To put it very simply' date=' you have to prove somehow there never was a marriage in the true sense. So that answers the question about Father "Armani". He couldn't be a Catholic Priest because priests aren't allowed to marry divorced Catholics. He must be a minister. Correct me if I'm old fashioned here. It's been a long time since I read Catholic doctrine. Great stuff everyone. The clues are terrific.[/quote']Once again, FANTASTIC detective work!We know Crockett and Caroline didn't have an annulment, so therefore you must be correct (unless there's something I dont' know).VERY good Pal, Very good!:clap:

QUOTE:Does someone knows anything about the church/mortuary the ceremony took place at? (There is nothing mentioned in the glossary)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildImorturay was located. Do any of our location slueths - airtommy, Dan J, Jim - have any ideas?

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

This is a really good topic! I’m glad it was started, C&B!The creators of the show are Jewish – Anthony Yerkovich and Michael Mann. It seems we’ve also had many Jewish writers and directors (i.e. judging by their names)…Daniel Pyne, Rob Cohen, Lee H. Katzin, Allan J. Levi, Rex Weiner & Allan Weisberger, Tim Zinnemann, Michael Eric Stein, Marvin Kupfer, Michael Ahnemann, John Mankiewicz, Aaron Lipstadt, Dick Wolf, Alan Moskowitz....It seems they thought it would make sense to make the characters Catholics and hence the occasional references throughout the show. I don’t think they would have thought (or bothered) about all the details as discussed in this thread, concerning priests or ministers, marriage annulments or not, etc. They probably thought that it would be most believable to have Christian cops, and probably didn’t even think about the differences between Catholics and Protestants. Maybe there’s more emphasis on Catholicism since most Hispanics and Italians are Catholic and we’ve had many characters throughout the show (whether good guys or bad guys) being Hispanic or Italian. Anyway, there are other references of religion throughout the whole show as well. And not just whole episodes like “Amen – Send Money” and “God’s Work”. We’ve had Jewish characters appear frequently, and in “Walk Alone” we had the Muslim Brotherhood providing protection for Tubbs.So there is definitely a prevalence of religion throughout MV. As I watch the episodes again, I’ll try and pay more attention to all references. It’s obviously been put in there on purpose. I suppose the creators/writers thought that religion is a large part of life and it should be reflected in MV.

I think it would be strange if Miami Vice didin't have religious connections, the team is a very multi-cultural crew. Crockett is obviously a born in the south guy, religion is very much central in the south (although I think he may be from a state like Loiusiana or has relatives from Louisiana because of the Catholic influence, I read earlier you have to be Catholic to godfather a baby.), Tubbs, he is from the streets of New York, probably some Puerto Rican decent, I have seen him speak Spanish on occasion so he's definitely Catholic, Castillo, he may be buddhist, he went to a temple to meet his friend in Bushido, were they talked about being cornered in a temple, his house is done in asian styling. Gina is got a Cuban mother and I believe Russian father, she went to a Catholic school, but the strange thing, not religious wise, that her name, Calabrese is an ITALIAN name, Trudy, never seen anything about her religion before, somebody said that Zito is Catholic, Swaitek, the only religion I think he follows is Elvis Presley-ism! There have been other religions on the show, Voodoo, a very dangerous one and Santaria on Whatever Works.

Crockett, Tubbs Catholic

Once again' date=' FANTASTIC detective work!We know Crockett and Caroline didn't have an annulment, so therefore you must be correct (unless there's something I dont' know).VERY good Pal, Very good!:clap:[/quote']Thanks, this has been a lot of fun!MJ

Crockett, Tubbs CatholicThere are some good observations here. You're right that it was a multicultrual crew and South FLorida has a strong Cuban influence. I saw a "biography" of each of the characters that someone wrote once from another site based on the episodes and it said that Crockett was born in Florida. It must have been mentioned in one of the episodes. I had forgotten all about this source of informationa and I'll look through my collection and see if I can find it. It included a biography of Castillo and Tubbs, too. It might have been on Miami Vice Chronicles. It's interesting that you suggest that Gina's father was Russian. Are you saying that because of her mother's boyfriend in "Heroes of the Revolution"? I think he was East German and he became her lover after Gina was born, but I could be wrong. And you are right. Calabrese is and Italian name. I wonder if they didn't think the fans would realize that!!! Maybe another blooper. Love your reference to Swietek's "Elvis" religion!!

I think it would be strange if Miami Vice didin't have religious connections' date=' the team is a very multi-cultural crew. Crockett is obviously a born in the south guy, religion is very much central in the south (although I think he may be from a state like Loiusiana or has relatives from Louisiana because of the Catholic influence, I read earlier you have to be Catholic to godfather a baby.), Tubbs, he is from the streets of New York, probably some Puerto Rican decent, I have seen him speak Spanish on occasion so he's definitely Catholic, Castillo, he may be buddhist, he went to a temple to meet his friend in Bushido, were they talked about being cornered in a temple, his house is done in asian styling. Gina is got a Cuban mother and I believe Russian father, she went to a Catholic school, but the strange thing, not religious wise, that her name, Calabrese is an ITALIAN name, Trudy, never seen anything about her religion before, somebody said that Zito is Catholic, Swaitek, the only religion I think he follows is Elvis Presley-ism! There have been other religions on the show, Voodoo, a very dangerous one and Santaria on Whatever Works.[/quote']

This is a really good topic! I’m glad it was started' date=' C&B!The creators of the show are Jewish – Anthony Yerkovich and Michael Mann. It seems we’ve also had many Jewish writers and directors (i.e. judging by their names)…Daniel Pyne, Rob Cohen, Lee H. Katzin, Allan J. Levi, Rex Weiner & Allan Weisberger, Tim Zinnemann, Michael Eric Stein, Marvin Kupfer, Michael Ahnemann, John Mankiewicz, Aaron Lipstadt, Dick Wolf, Alan Moskowitz....It seems they thought it would make sense to make the characters Catholics and hence the occasional references throughout the show. I don’t think they would have thought (or bothered) about all the details as discussed in this thread, concerning priests or ministers, marriage annulments or not, etc. They probably thought that it would be most believable to have Christian cops, and probably didn’t even think about the differences between Catholics and Protestants. Maybe there’s more emphasis on Catholicism since most Hispanics and Italians are Catholic and we’ve had many characters throughout the show (whether good guys or bad guys) being Hispanic or Italian. Anyway, there are other references of religion throughout the whole show as well. And not just whole episodes like “Amen – Send Money†and “God’s Workâ€. We’ve had Jewish characters appear frequently, and in “Walk Alone†we had the Muslim Brotherhood providing protection for Tubbs.So there is definitely a prevalence of religion throughout MV. As I watch the episodes again, I’ll try and pay more attention to all references. It’s obviously been put in there on purpose. I suppose the creators/writers thought that religion is a large part of life and it should be reflected in MV.[/quote']Extremely well said Chum981!Let's not forget Sean from WHEN IRISH EYES ARE CRYING who killed "Brits" when he was younger. The Catholic / Protestants IRISH BRITTISH fighting.

Yes, C&B. Maybe one day we can look further at how many episodes feature religion and to what degree. And also compare this Season to Season. As a first thought - there don't seem to be any trends as such. It seems like more of a background thought - as the episodes continue, the characters evolve and we find out more about them.

This discussion has gotten very intense! Crockett=Catholic, Tubbs=Catholic, Castillo=Buddist, Gina=Catholic, but non-practicing, Trudy=?, Zito=Catholic and (Switek=Elvis Preslism! :D)So that's what Agent 47 says, I think sounds logic.

None of the characters are practicing thier religions it seems. They all are having multiple sex partners.

None of the characters are practicing thier religions it seems. They all are having multiple sex partners.

Except Castillo!

Except Castillo!

He's disciplined enough to only have sex when Married. Sounds like Castillo.

Well, it would be hard for them to practice their religion due to their job. The job reqiures so much of thier lives and another thing is the job may have disillusioned them a little, like Crockett sometimes saying sometimes he remembers who he is. We never exactly knew the characters, it was a show that really covered the detectives and their undercover roles, the only time they went into their past is when the story required it. Like Vietnam in Back in the World and Valerie in Prodigal Son and Rites of Passage.

Haha, that's hilarious! :D:)

• 1 year later...
Well' date=' it would be hard for them to practice their religion due to their job. The job reqiures so much of thier lives and another thing is the job may have disillusioned them a little, like Crockett sometimes saying sometimes he remembers who he is. We never exactly knew the characters, it was a show that really covered the detectives and their undercover roles, the only time they went into their past is when the story required it. Like Vietnam in Back in the World and Valerie in Prodigal Son and Rites of Passage.[/quote']And we learned that Larry Zito collected snow globes.

95% of those in Thailand are Buddist. I'm suspecting that Castillo is.

Crockett told Rodriquez he would like to be able to send Billy to Immaculate Heart,(a Catholic school).

What Religion was the freakie minister who married Noogy! :hippie::dance2:

"Non denominational" :D:D:clap:

• 2 months later...

What Religion was Izzy Moreno ? I think he was catholic.

I believe so. Didn't he cross himself when the Chemist died in BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY?

I believe Izzy did it in "A Bullet For Crockett"also' date='at the hospital.....[/quote']It sounds like something Izzy would do.