Tunnel under Government Cut

miamijimf

Thought some of you would be interested in Miami's latest feature, an underwater tunnel that connects MacArthur Causeway with Dodge Island (Port of Miami).  It was built to make it faster for goods and passengers to get to and from the port.  This billion dollar+ project will allow trucks and cars to bypass downtown traffic.  The link is to a video of a drive through the tunnel.  Pretty neat.

Click for larger image

10423783 10152588598788903 7627298325187581060 N

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3

Thought some of you would be interested in Miami's latest feature, an underwater tunnel that connects MacArthur Causeway with Dodge Island (Port of Miami).  It was built to make it faster for goods and passengers to get to and from the port.  This billion dollar+ project will allow trucks and cars to bypass downtown traffic.  The link is to a video of a drive through the tunnel.  Pretty neat.

Click for larger image

Neat Jim - all aboard at Crockett's Season 3 and sometimes Season 5 Marina on Watson Island  :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

What a great location! It would have been perfect for some car chases in the show ... If I manage to visit Miami one day, I sure will experience this tour!

Thank you Jim...the vid is really fun to watch and makes you feel like you're right there.   :thumbsup:   I can imagine this will be very helpful in lightening the traffic load.  

• Like 1

looking at that thing I kinda expect to see Agent K flying above the driver in the rocket powered LTD from MIB

and hey if it cuts traffic down town, that is a very welcome thing anywhere you go.

I hope it does indeed cut traffic down this area of Watson Island / Macarthur Cswy is always quite congested - when I was there in March it was like a bomb had hit that area - very untidy and lots of homeless living under the Macarthur Cswy bridge  :D

Edited by Matt5