My new Cubavera white blazer

Jerry B.

Just bought this amazing blazer for little money on ebay. The item is new with tags. It reminds me a lot of the ones used in season one. I used to have one like that in the 80s, And I sold it, along with a lot of Vice-like stuff. Shame on me. But thanks God, i Had a second chance, this one has the 80s cut and look.

Sorry for the bad pic, if requested I'll post better ones.

Enjoy!

post-5426-0-44481800-1408541104_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Nice....Jerry!.....I keep thinking you've posted a picture of Don Johnson. The jacket is a beauty. The only thing I would wear different is a Tee shirt with a little more contrast, like a pastel blue or aqua green. What you have is fine, though.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

thank you for all your nice comments. Next time the dinner is on me ;-)

Seriously, I don't think I look so close to DJ but I always thought I have something in common with the actor (more than with Sonny) maybe in the gesture or somthing like that.

Matt, Don's look on Season 4 is my favorite! (along with Season 2).

Tony D., I promise I will post my pics and not Don's hahahahah!!!!  I agree about the t-shirt color. It's actually a bit more colored than in the pic, but I know what you mean ;-)

A bit more about the blazer, in case someone is interested: the brand is Cubavera, which has some nice and Vicey stuff in its catalog. The shape is actually very tight, which allowed me to use this trick:  I wear a medium size, but I bought a Large. Now it's at the tailor to have sleeves and height slightly adjusted. This way I have 80s shoulders and all the rest is regular. This is a trick I used since the early nineties, when the fashion was murdered... I will post some more pics as the blazer comes back.

Hey Crockettt,

it looks like the one i bought: same kind of fabric and same green inner borders. Of course nowdays jackets and blazers don't even come close to the 80s cut. My Armani blazers used to have huge shoulders back then. When I was In Miami I searched in a lot of stores but no luck. By the way, this one could look fine using the trick I used. Since it's slim fit, if you buy a size over, you have larger shoulders without looking as if you were in your father's blazer :-)

The price is not high so you can spend some extra money to have sleeves and lenght adjusted. At least, that's what I did. I will post pics as I have the jacket back from the tailor.

Cheers ;-)

Holy crap you just look like DJ!!!You can definitely pull it off and your threads are just awesome!I have a "Heart of Darkness" style blazer (the striped one) and I'm afraid to go out in it (sweat stains,dirt,getting bumped into) :) 

Keep it up!

Hey BlueAir, I thank you so much. Don is a charming guy and this kind of apprecciation is always pleasurable. Thanks again, pal.

PS Take your blazer to the laundry and put it back on ;-)

Next week I will have mine back and I will post some pics to show you the "size trick" better.

Stay cool

You look great! But in order to achieve that total retro look, you should be holding a car phone, not modern so-small-it painful to -see cell phone. Go for old-fashion masculine phone )

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

Sure man, but car phones don't take pictures ;-)

PS I just realized I'm holding the cell as if it was a cop badge, LOL!

FREEZE! Miami Phones!

Just one question here...are you sure you aren't Don Johnson, or Sonny Crockett coming to visit us from an alternate universe? XD

You look just like him!

He definitely looks like he could be Don's long lost twin brother. :)

• Like 2

Holy guacamole, is that Don Johnson himself?

Sweet.

I need to get me a black blazer á la Castillo for the summer. 

Edited by Markwey

Well said, Markwey, go find a black suit and tie, and let's reboot Vice!

Hey, wait a moment, we need to pick up Tubbs in NY!!!

PS You got the coolest avatar here!

• Like 1

Just one question here...are you sure you aren't Don Johnson, or Sonny Crockett coming to visit us from an alternate universe? XD

You look just like him!

:D  :funky:  :dance2:

:cheers:

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your nice comments.

VIcestyle, thank you very much for your interest in my pictures. I put some images in my gallery, but not too much, I really don't want to look self celebrative, which is not my idea of being in a community.

That said, if there's some interest (as it looks ;-), I'll be glad to share more images.

Cheers,

JB

Thank you guys for your nice comments.

VIcestyle, thank you very much for your interest in my pictures. I put some images in my gallery, but not too much, I really don't want to look self celebrative, which is not my idea of being in a community.

That said, if there's some interest (as it looks ;-), I'll be glad to share more images.

Cheers,

JB

Please delete the word 'some' in your sentence and replace it with 'much' interested to me.

Please show us more Jerry B.

There are not many persons who have the luck to own natural personal attributes in their 'equipment'.

You have.  :done: 

Go for it and please add to your galerie.  :thumbsup:

I did take a look at your gallery, Jerry. You have some really nice pictures. I like the ones from your trip to Miami. The eighties might be gone, but at least the sunshine, the color, the tropical feel of the city is still there. Very nice! Also, I like your 1992 photo. Wow, you were a very good-looking man. I definitely see the resemblance to Sonny Crockett. I would love to see some more pictures from that era, you certainly lived the style very well!  :)