VICEBURGERS!

cageyJG

http://www.arlnow.com/2014/08/26/miami-vice-burgers-truck-launches-in-arlington/

by Ethan Rothstein — August 26, 2014 at 3:00 pm 1,744 24 Comments

Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild

1 / 5

Crockett and Tubbs may be long off the air, but two men are trying to bring the flair of the “Miami Vice†TV show to their new Arlington-based food truck.

Miami Vice Burgers opened its window for the first time last Thursday on N. Stuart Street in Ballston. Owner Santo Mirabile and his partner, Gary Romain, have manned the truck in matching Hawaiian shirts on weekdays since then. Mirabile said he plans to continue to park in Ballston this week before circulating to Courthouse, Rosslyn and Crystal City.

“We have something nobody else has,†Mirabile said about his menu, which includes a Tubbs Burger, Sonny’s Burger and a Don Johnson Special — a 6-inch roll with Italian or Chorizo sausage, Chimichurri sauce and grilled onions and peppers. “We’re trying to bring a South Beach taste to Northern Virginia.â€

Mirabile owned the El-Chaparral Meat Market in Clarendon for 27 years before he closed it and moved back to Florida; he grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and he said he’s always been a huge fan of the TV show. He said he couldn’t sit around the house all day, and his children always encouraged him to try to sell his burgers, so he decided to give it a whirl.

“I worked for Marriott for many years and I learned to love the food business there,†he said. “I love working with food and people. The food truck is a fun job.â€

The burgers have eclectic toppings and sauces — Sonny’s Burger is a quarter-pound angus beef patty with guacamole, grilled onion, jalapeño relish, cilantro sour cream with a “Sonny†side up egg on a brioche bun. Mirabile could neither confirm nor deny the inclusion of an Edward James Olmos burger in the future.

• Like 4

http://www.arlnow.com/2014/08/26/miami-vice-burgers-truck-launches-in-arlington/

by Ethan Rothstein — August 26, 2014 at 3:00 pm 1,744 24 Comments

Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild

1 / 5

Crockett and Tubbs may be long off the air, but two men are trying to bring the flair of the “Miami Vice†TV show to their new Arlington-based food truck.

Miami Vice Burgers opened its window for the first time last Thursday on N. Stuart Street in Ballston. Owner Santo Mirabile and his partner, Gary Romain, have manned the truck in matching Hawaiian shirts on weekdays since then. Mirabile said he plans to continue to park in Ballston this week before circulating to Courthouse, Rosslyn and Crystal City.

“We have something nobody else has,†Mirabile said about his menu, which includes a Tubbs Burger, Sonny’s Burger and a Don Johnson Special — a 6-inch roll with Italian or Chorizo sausage, Chimichurri sauce and grilled onions and peppers. “We’re trying to bring a South Beach taste to Northern Virginia.â€

Mirabile owned the El-Chaparral Meat Market in Clarendon for 27 years before he closed it and moved back to Florida; he grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and he said he’s always been a huge fan of the TV show. He said he couldn’t sit around the house all day, and his children always encouraged him to try to sell his burgers, so he decided to give it a whirl.

“I worked for Marriott for many years and I learned to love the food business there,†he said. “I love working with food and people. The food truck is a fun job.â€

The burgers have eclectic toppings and sauces — Sonny’s Burger is a quarter-pound angus beef patty with guacamole, grilled onion, jalapeño relish, cilantro sour cream with a “Sonny†side up egg on a brioche bun. Mirabile could neither confirm nor deny the inclusion of an Edward James Olmos burger in the future.

Fantastic !! Love this  :D

• 8 months later...

This looks very cool and fun, but why is the "Tubbs Burger" a meat burger?  Several times it was mentioned that he was a vegetarian, and in one episode Sonny says to Rico that he'll buy him anything except a veggie burger... Something like that.

• Like 1

Yeah - i too think that they should've made the "Tubbs Burger" a veggie burger.

I'd buy an EJO burger btw. But that would have to be fish.  :cool:

The Don Johnson special, do we get to eat with Don Johnson? that would be worth way more than $6  :)

I'd like to bite Gina...

I mean, if they make a burger named after her, of course. Did you guessed something else?

:D  :D  :D

• Administrators

I'd like to bite Gina...

I mean, if they make a burger named after her, of course. Did you guessed something else?

They'd be some good buns. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just found out about this food truck during an unrelated search on Google! Then, of course, I came here and found out that Cajey had posted this a few years back. It looks like they have a Facebook page too. I wish we had this truck locally!