Daytona Keychain

jurassic narc

Does anyone have any idea where I might find a keychain like the one used in Heart of Darkness?

THAT IS SO FUNNY!! I've reciently begun searching for one myself!!!You and I are absolutely in tune jurassic narc! :thumbsup:

Let me know what you find. I have never seen one on EBay, and have looked for the past couple of years.Stay cool C&B!

I have my ways. I'll eventually find one. I don't think you'll find it on ebay, but what do you have to loose?OBVIOUSLY, if I find one, I'll post the news!:thumbsup:

Looks like polished brass. If one can find a blank of that shape and size, it would be easy.

Those type were pantographed and not etched. The cutting is much deeper than most Trophy Shops are set up for. A specialty jeweler might be able to replicate it, but I don't want to pay $100 for a $10 item if I can avoid it.But if you know of a shop that does this kind of work, maybe a specialty engraving shop, sing out. And thanks for any responses in advance.

i'm thinking the trophy shop could come up with the materials, as well as the workmanship.edit: the pantograph thing posted the same time as this. maybe i don't know what i'm talking about :)

Join the crowd, I'm not sure either. I know that about 10 years ago a business that sold collectable model cars and various specialty car items carried items that looked just like this for "VOLVO" and "BMW". They were not specially made. Business has since closed. Thought maybe someone would run across them.

• Administrators

I know this may sound silly, but what about checking out a Ferrari dealership in your area (assuming you have one).I know my Jaguar dealer has all kinds of keychains, mugs, shirts, jackets and other misc stuff. Of course they are not on the cheap side either.Just a thought.

cmon guys....ebay, engrave it....thats so boring....Lets put some vice feelling on it. Buy a Ferrari and it will come with the keys

Actually I have the car, I just need the Key Chain to go with it. And this item was never an "official" Ferrari item, so the dealers don't carry them. There is a large dealership here in Atlanta, and they say they have never carried anything not official Ferrari.

post-109-13892962896577_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any idea where I might find a keychain like the one used in Heart of Darkness?

you can also try any Things remembered kisok in the mall they do things like that i think they have keychain blanks that you can have engraved

Actually I have the car' date=' I just need the Key Chain to go with it. And this item was never an "official" Ferrari item, so the dealers don't carry them. There is a large dealership here in Atlanta, and they say they have never carried anything not official Ferrari.[/quote']dang. all that time i lived that close to you and i never knew you had the *&$@$#* daytona!way to go, me! :)

I remember the keychain in question it was long and gold and said ferrari in big letters does not look like somthing ferrari would have done you may have to get it custom somewhere ?

That doesn't look like any Ferrari-logo, just the word F-E-R-R-A-R-I spelled out on an aluminum square stock profile...maybe I'm missing something. Just pick your font out....and scale it from the size of the key or key ring attached. You could make one fairly easily if you know anyone in the machine shop biz...

• 2 weeks later...

I checked that site and I can't believe they are asking 73 Euros for a friggin key chain. That is about 150-160 dollars!!! WTF?That one looks rather simple to replicate? Chunk of brass with a letter set to stamp the name? I could probably make one in an hour or so?

That doesn't look like any Ferrari-logo' date=' just the word F-E-R-R-A-R-I spelled out on an aluminum square stock profile...maybe I'm missing something. Just pick your font out....and scale it from the size of the key or key ring attached. You could make one fairly easily if you know anyone in the machine shop biz...[/quote']BINGO...Machine shop. Looks like no big deal...Piece of brass or stainless, cut to size, and toss in a CNC machine to cut the letters. I'd have the guy in our CNC department(I work in a tool and die shop/ metal stamping plant) do one, yet he made a BIG deal over some brakets I had him make a few weeks back...Hmmm.....I bet he could be bribed, though...I'll check Tuesday..:p

OK, He wasn't very enthusiastic with it, yet I had to use some charm...And it's a go. I'll pick up some 1/8th inch thick, 1 inch wide strip of stainless later this week. Finished, it would be 1"X3" with the letters approx 1/2" tall cut in our CNC mill...letters will be anywhere from ..020"-.040" deep-We'll have to experiment.......Takers? Other ideas? Brass, maybe?? I appreciate your thoughts...Mike

Absolutely. Tell me how much and how to pay you.And thanks for going the extra mile to get this project going!!