Badge of Dishonor

Matt5

Good idea, but I have no idea what to look for if that is a common storage for several bodies (also I cannot image that police maintains a mutual facility with fire rescue and others...?)

According to 2009 Annual Report of Miami Police Department, they have their own storage and quartermaster. No address provided of course.

http://mpd-vets.org/annual-reports/2009 annual report.pdf

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, daytona365 said:

the white/red thing behind the building could be a fire truck, although they seem to be red in Miami Dade:

grafik.png.fa25804f140ca4dbdf5e0a0da42751ab.png

The shape and color scheme looks like an ambulance.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Good idea, but I have no idea what to look for if that is a common storage for several bodies (also I cannot image that police maintains a mutual facility with fire rescue and others...?)

According to 2009 Annual Report of Miami Police Department, they have their own storage and quartermaster. No address provided of course.

http://mpd-vets.org/annual-reports/2009 annual report.pdf

MDPD quartermaster is located at 9111 NW 25th St, Doral.

quartermaster.thumb.jpg.4ba566cde5ae4e1018f78fd846fb32e1.jpg

this was a meadow in 1986 and the warehouse in the scene looks already old and run down so this is a dead end.

grafik.png.84406c9df0abbc160bc7426d5fdd36ce.png

Edited by daytona365

vor 35 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

MDPD quartermaster is located at 9111 NW 25th St, Doral.

quartermaster.thumb.jpg.4ba566cde5ae4e1018f78fd846fb32e1.jpg

this was a meadow in 1986 and the warehouse in the scene looks already old and run down so this is a dead end.

grafik.png.84406c9df0abbc160bc7426d5fdd36ce.png

Thanks, but I know this address already and I have checked it one month ago. It´s far off near the Miami Free Zone and it would have been an unnecessary travel with both main actors just for this 10 second scene.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

it would have been an unnecessary travel with both main actors just for this 10 second scene.

It's 45 seconds, it's indoors and outdoors, they dressed up two fake cop cars - I don't think the location was chosen for convenience.

• 8 months later...

Primary suspect  for the police warehouse dismissed

I started to look on historic aerials for diagonal parking in the downtown area as everything else was filmed in downtown as well.

The backside of Miami Fire Station 1 building at NE5 Street/NE1 Ave looked promising with the diagonal car parking and the location/height of the building. But: some features like the distance to the building  the missing view trough the other side where we saw the ambulance and the width of the building do not match. 

Another knock out for that candidate is the N/S orientation. We look for a location where the Ferrari was parked on the NORTH side as sun and Tubbs´ shadow clearly indicate (low sun in February shining from behind the building)! Thus, the building is stretched west to east and the diagonal parking must be on the north side, not on the south side of it.

There are no pictures from the backside of the building, only from the N-side where the fire fighters garage entrances are.

Search will go on....

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-06 um 22.41.31.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-07 um 11.22.24.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

LAST LOCATION FOUND: THE POLICE PROPERTY WAREHOUSE 1155 NW 11 STREET

Wow, the puzzle fit together fast today after months of fruitless search after my daughter asked around today some Miami cops and told me what she heard.

After not even Miami (ex)cops recognized that warehouse and said it was a fake, but one who worked on the show remembered that the old non-descriptive Miami PD property warehouse building was smelly full of weed and "around NW14 Street, west off NW 7 Ave" (but that memory turned out to be wrong anyway, the real MPD property warehouse was in reality at 95 NW29 street until 1992!) I took another look in that area and it hit me that this was close to the Pre-Trial detention center and the corrupt cops warehouse at the Miami River. I always suspected that the police storage must be close and around downtown.

I quickly found a diagonal parking on the north side of a W-E stretched building (that was my previous search pattern) and it even had the perpendicular fence and the small green island between the cars and the building. So far so good, but the building is gone now and a Winn-Dixie today. The reverse address check for 1155 NW 11 Street led me to a similar German location site like @C Glide´s for the Bud Spencer/terrence Hill movie "Crime busters" (1977) (scene at around 52:21)

And, BINGO, Terrence Hill crashed their patrol car at NW 11 Street/NW 11 Ave and behind them we see our MV police storage building in plain sight, with the distinctive square shaped addition on the roof that matches what we see on the 1986 historic aerial! Case 100% solved and even with a long gone building. Also the passage within the building where we saw the ambulance on the other side is there and can be seen in the 1977 movie from the ambulance side.

Now, also the description of DJ Angel from her 1988 location visit makes totally sense, as she remembered a warehouse filming just one block away from the detention center and @airtommy mentioned that the river warehouse was rather 4-5 blocks away. DJ Angel just mixed up the two warehouses or she did not recognize that there were two different warehouses in play at all! The storage location is in fact only 1-2 blocks away from the detention center and only one block off the river warehouse along NW 11 Ave! We should in fact be able to see it behind Crockett in the binocular watch scene in front of the river warehouse! This location clustering was awesome! The last big case of season 4 is solved. And, as we now know, it was not a real police property storage, but a garden variety warehouse with good set dressing and fake police cars and parking. And another MV landmark has to be added to the "razed&gone" list @miamijimfENJOY!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.27.16.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 02.37.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.19.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 02.52.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.05.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.08.24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.19.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-12 um 20.01.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 02.40.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 02.49.59.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 03.46.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 12.35.20.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

before I forget to mention: of course the interior scene at the warehouse was also filmed there onsite (1155 NW 11 Street), as the full match of a long line of 4 squared windows per vertical row indicates. Given the trees outside and the concrete pillar on the left that ends the row of windows I would say the interior was located within the building in the middle of the southside, close to one of the pillars that are next to several passages that building had between the north and the south side (one of these passages, the easternmost-located one we could look through in the episode)

And the interior was not used as police storage but was just nice set dressing with artificially placed guns and gear in open shelves.

The reality: My daughter got very interesting info and addresses from real Miami cops who visited such sites frequently, including Greg Kral (he is the SWAT guy at the end of "The Maze" who guides the young girl off the roof). They told my daughter that these police storages and evidence warehouses did look completely different inside than this one. They had only sealed boxes and no open shelves and guns were not openly displayed either. And there was a gate far off the building one had to pass before even approaching the building.

I posted the address of the real property warehouse of MPD during VICE and until 1992 in above post, at the time of MV there was another open air police compound for seized vehicles that was near the MPD training site at NW58 Street used in One way ticket (and a second one for vehicles more sensitive to weather conditions near the port of Miami). 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-23 um 22.15.31 Kopie.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-12 um 20.55.12.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...