Deliver us from evil

Matt5

Nice locales used - but Blatt's house although currently unknown - with those big trees in the yard seems to signal Coconut Grove to me - with some parts of Coconut Grove often portrayed by Vice as a downtrodden type area.

:D

• 7 months later...

Nice locales used - but Blatt's house although currently unknown - with those big trees in the yard seems to signal Coconut Grove to me - with some parts of Coconut Grove often portrayed by Vice as a downtrodden type area.

Your instincts were right.  It's 2538 Lincoln Avenue in Coconut Grove:

Google Maps link

It's kind of funny to hear them disparage the house ("doesn't look like Julia's part of the crew's profit-sharing plan") considering that this is just two blocks from Brenda's place in Nobody Lives Forever.  

• Like 2

Great find!

Time to update CGlide's location page. The housenumber was visible but still it was a needle in a haystack.

Great find!

Time to update CGlide's location page. The housenumber was visible but still it was a needle in a haystack.

airtommy I was just about to write the same thing.   :clap:  You must have spent a few hours cruising the Grove.

To be honest it didn't take me too long to find.  I suspected it was in Coconut Grove due to the trees and gravel driveway, so that was my starting point.  The diagonal roads make it harder to scan for a certain house number, but you can do it.  I started looking on Street View, but that was tedious.  Then I had the eureka moment that two-story houses are rare in that neighborhood, so it should stand out above the trees in Bird's Eye View.  I was right.  After switching to Bing I found it in less than a minute.

The teaser house sure does look like Coconut Grove, but there is no reason to think it would be close to Blatt's house since those scenes were filmed a year apart.

• Like 1

The teaser house sure does look like Coconut Grove, but there is no reason to think it would be close to Blatt's house since those scenes were filmed a year apart.

Sorry maybe I did not specify correctly. I mean the scene in the big villa where Hackman kills the couple and the kid (first real scenes of Deliver us from Evil, not the rerun from the 86 episode. This is not the house from the teaser of Forgive us our debts and was not shot one year earlier but with the same ep. And due to location logistics I bet this big modern house is near.

Your instincts were right.  It's 2538 Lincoln Avenue in Coconut Grove:

Google Maps link

It's kind of funny to hear them disparage the house ("doesn't look like Julia's part of the crew's profit-sharing plan") considering that this is just two blocks from Brenda's place in Nobody Lives Forever.  

Thats great - glad I could help  :D

A few random thoughts about this unknown location, reused footage from Forgive Us Our Debts.  I always thought these two shots were filmed at the same place- heavy foliage.  Not much to go on.  The streetlight matches those still used in the Grove.  Maybe it's a house in the Grove in a residential area with a long driveway that could be spotted from the Birds Eye View.  They filmed part of Forgive Us Our Debts at the Old Spanish Monastery in N. Miami but couldn't find a similar house in the area.  I spent some time looking for it years ago but will try again.

PDVD 0001

PDVD 0012

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

hmm what about one of the houses used during the break in episodes, the one where PMT was out of action because of a sprained ankle

as I think the house looks pretty similar to one of the ones they cased.

hmm what about one of the houses used during the break in episodes, the one where PMT was out of action because of a sprained ankle

as I think the house looks pretty similar to one of the ones they cased.

Yes wouldnt be suprised if both these houses are in Coconut Grove - they look quite residential and now we know Blatt's house was in Coconut Grove from "Deliver us from Evil " this may signal the teaser house could actually be located there also . :D

• 10 months later...

For many years I was racking my brain about where they filmed the scene where C&T are on a causeway just across the water from an uninhabited island:

wpb54029e5_06.png   wp6fe5c416_06.png

I finally gave up and peeked at CGlide's guide and it turns out it was not on a causeway at all.  It was at the Miami Marina at Bayside!  And that "uninhabited island" is actually the Port of Miami.  This is such a brilliant find!!!  I never would have thought about this possibility.  You can see on historicaerials.com that Dodge Island / Port of Miami had a little patch of trees at its western end hid all of the port's activity from this vantage point.

CGlide's complete location guide for this episode:

http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page35.html

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, airtommy said:

For many years I was racking my brain about where they filmed the scene where C&T are on a causeway just across the water from an uninhabited island:

wpb54029e5_06.png   wp6fe5c416_06.png

I finally gave up and peeked at CGlide's guide and it turns out it was not on a causeway at all.  It was at the Miami Marina at Bayside!  And that "uninhabited island" is actually the Port of Miami.  This is such a brilliant find!!!  I never would have thought about this possibility.  You can see on historicaerials.com that Dodge Island / Port of Miami had a little patch of trees at its western end hid all of the port's activity from this vantage point.

CGlide's complete location guide for this episode:

http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page35.html

Yes a great find 

if that was today a cruise company Royal Caribbean I believe have a small building opposite bayside 

• 2 years later...

The Barnacle featured in the end of this fine Spring 1988 episode is just off the Main Highway in Coconut Grove. The historic home in this State Park was built in 1891 and is the oldest house in Miami- Dade County built in its original location.

8AB46CCA-C6AF-4038-B9E4-D0C809195278.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Looking at the house in the Deliver Us From Evil teaser, it looks a lot like the house in Love At First Sight at 7777 SW 127th Street.

deliverhouse.png.8af9bdd71dc07839ef3902bb48bcc127.png

love7777.png.4ef011521a17d7710b3294949f28b1ce.png

• Like 2

The interior scenes can give us some clues about the exterior.  There is a curved glass brick wall.  My guess is Pinecrest, but who knows.

evil1.png.44dcdb0caac28daa2359ed444d6e3bc5.png

evil2.png.4280d26095663a6d42181dc10fa2206c.png

evil3.png.d8d529aa0f0b48cc2645b157a7b591da.png

• 1 year later...

Unknown location: add-on to airtommy´s post above: front of murder house in teaser (second part of teaser with new story, not the repeat from season 3!):

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.44.47.png

Am 3.4.2019 um 03:29 schrieb airtommy:

Looking at the house in the Deliver Us From Evil teaser, it looks a lot like the house in Love At First Sight at 7777 SW 127th Street.

deliverhouse.png.8af9bdd71dc07839ef3902bb48bcc127.png

love7777.png.4ef011521a17d7710b3294949f28b1ce.png

Sorry not it! In front of that house is a tree whereas in front of SW 127 house is the street. But I agree there are similarities! (Same architect?)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have made myself a birthday present and just found the Deliver us from evil house with the triple murder in the teaser. Best of all, I just started to look 5 minutes before.

NEW LOCATION FOUND?  TEASER HOUSE OF DELIVER US FROM EVIL 

It is a great fit (I would say at least 95%) as I will show below, but it is not 100% sure, read along why:

4994 Hammock Lakes Drive, Coral Gables

PROs (arguments in favor):

this house fulfills 9 major criteria (are marked in red in the pics with 1-5 and on additional pics):

1. The triangle shaped top looks exactly the same with 1 vertical divider(similar to the LAFS house of Carol as Airtommy mentioned above)

2. the big rectangular block of glass window below fits (also with 6 divided blocks in one horizontal row)

3. the big block (no windows) on OUR right side in the episode pic matches with the aerial from above and behind, where we see a big block to the left of the main building part (the building seems to be asymetric as a whole on the front with this respect)

4. The building stretch to the right (seen from the front) matches with the aerial from above, also it seems to be on the episode pic that this stretch to the right is at an angle, not just in-line with the other parts of the front line. That also matches.

5. Left of the main part the building stretches to the left but only on the ground floor, the left part of the second floor is empty

6. The house is far fro the road with a circle driveway within a nice wood. That seems to match (wood-yes, circle driveway cannot be seen from above)

7. The half round glass brick wall on the back of the ground floor (behind Louis in the episode, behind him is a garden outside) is there too! 

8. There is a unique diagonal partial structure on the side of the house in the side aerial. This part that sticks out can also be seen on the episode still.

9. This house was built in 1987. Same year as the LAFS house and just a few months before filming this episode in March 1988

All above is more than a coincidental look-alike can explain.

CONs (or why it is not 100% sure):

1. the house has no realtor pics on the internet

2. The Google Street View does not work in this street, thus no way to get a google view from the front of the house.

3. Lower part of the front where the entrance and its small triangle roofing is located is not visible on the Google Bird´s view.

@airtommy @C Glide @miamijimf @daytona365 @Matt5 Can anyone of you or other detectives help me to verify it, i.e. try to find a front picture of that house to verify 100% that´s it the right location?

P.S. If we don´t dig up better front picture evidence from the net, C Glide knows what to do next Sunday :p!?

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.19.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.10.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.26.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.07.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.11.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.56.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.55.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 20.56.31.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I think I have made myself a birthday present and just found the Deliver us from evil house with the triple murder in the teaser. Best of all, I just started to look 5 minutes before.

NEW LOCATION FOUND?  TEASER HOUSE OF DELIVER US FROM EVIL 

It is a great fit (I would say at least 95%) as I will show below, but it is not 100% sure, read along why:

4994 Hammock Lakes Drive, Coral Gables

PROs (arguments in favor):

this house fulfills 9 major criteria (are marked in red in the pics with 1-5 and on additional pics):

1. The triangle shaped top looks exactly the same with 1 vertical divider(similar to the LAFS house of Carol as Airtommy mentioned above)

2. the big rectangular block of glass window below fits (also with 6 divided blocks in one horizontal row)

3. the big block (no windows) on OUR right side in the episode pic matches with the aerial from above and behind, where we see a big block to the left of the main building part (the building seems to be asymetric as a whole on the front with this respect)

4. The building stretch to the right (seen from the front) matches with the aerial from above, also it seems to be on the episode pic that this stretch to the right is at an angle, not just in-line with the other parts of the front line. That also matches.

5. Left of the main part the building stretches to the left but only on the ground floor, the left part of the second floor is empty

6. The house is far fro the road with a circle driveway within a nice wood. That seems to match (wood-yes, circle driveway cannot be seen from above)

7. The half round glass brick wall on the back of the ground floor (behind Louis in the episode, behind him is a garden outside) is there too! 

8. There is a unique diagonal partial structure on the side of the house in the side aerial. This part that sticks out can also be seen on the episode still.

9. This house was built in 1987. Same year as the LAFS house and just a few months before filming this episode in March 1988

All above is more than a coincidental look-alike can explain.

CONs (or why it is not 100% sure):

1. the house has no realtor pics on the internet

2. The Google Street View does not work in this street, thus no way to get a google view from the front of the house.

3. Lower part of the front where the entrance and its small triangle roofing is located is not visible on the Google Bird´s view.

@airtommy @C Glide @miamijimf @daytona365 @Matt5 Can anyone of you or other detectives help me to verify it, i.e. try to find a front picture of that house to verify 100% that´s it the right location?

P.S. If we don´t dig up better front picture evidence from the net, C Glide knows what to do next Sunday :p!?

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.19.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.10.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.26.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.07.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.11.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.56.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 19.55.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 20.56.31.png

Happy Birthday, alles Gute! I‘m sold on it already but will also try to get additional confirmation. Man, I‘ve been flying over that very area last week for hours on google maps but didn‘t spot it...kudos!

vor 1 Minute schrieb daytona365:

Happy Birthday, alles Gute! I‘m sold on it already but will also try to get additional confirmation. Man, I‘ve been flying over that very area last week for hours on google maps but didn‘t spot it...kudos!

Danke! LOL, I went over this area a dozen times in May, last time yesterday and no find. But today is not yesterday - birthdays are special!:D