Miami Herald Celebrates Vice

miamijimf

Is this article on today's Herald ?

No I found it on Facebook, posted by the Herald.  Its a page they use to sell old pictures of Miami from their archives.  They are interviewing former members of the crew in preparation for (I think) a special anniversary Vice section in the paper.  I'll try to get it when its published.

• Like 1

Poster advertising a Miami Vice Effect Panel Discussion hosted by MDPL and the Miami Herald on October 2nd at 6:30pm at the Art Deco Museum!  Nice to know that some in the Magic City appreciate what Vice did for them.  Wish I could go.  click for larger image.

vice panel discussion

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the article, Miami Jim! I love the pictures that I've never seen before. Had to laugh at the one with the hard hats. Looks like they're sitting above their heads. LOL

• Like 4

Thanks for posting the article, Miami Jim! I love the pictures that I've never seen before. Had to laugh at the one with the hard hats. Looks like they're sitting above their heads. LOL

Its a great article Tony and Jim ! So many pictures behind the scenes not seen before.

The crew set up in front of the Miami Dade library interests me as I cant recall seeing the library that close up in the show  :D  :radio:

• Like 3

What an impossibly great link!  Thank you so much for posting it or I woulda never seen it.  Thank you thank you thank you!!!

And yeah, I don't remember that library location or those background people.  I am guessing it is part of that amazing treasure trove we all wish we could view called "Deleted Scenes."

Its a great article Tony and Jim ! So many pictures behind the scenes not seen before.

The crew set up in front of the Miami Dade library interests me as I cant recall seeing the library that close up in the show  :D  :radio:

Thanks guys, glad you like the page from FB. 

Matt, that's not the old library you remember on Bayfront Park that you saw briefly in Florence Italy.  I haven't researched it but at first glance it looks like the new library/museum run by History Miami on Flagler St.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Great article. The shot at the library has me wondering as well. Good Collar comes to mind but I have no idea what this is. Looks like high school or possibly college cheerleaders with pom poms. Maybe The Fix. It is a mystery to me.

• Like 1

The Miami -Dade library behind the scenes shot really interests me from the Herald 30th anniversary page - apart from "Contempt of Court" filming alongside the library on East Flagler - did MV shoot up by the library which was quite newly built during MV. Was it opened in 1984 or during Vice's run!?

:D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2014 at 4:44 PM, miamijimf said:

A lot of good pix and stories here celebrating Vice's anniversary.

http://flashbackmiami.com/2014/09/24/miami-vice/

Excellent ....just found it on FB and thought I'd bump for any who missed it.. :cool:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

On 9/26/2014 at 8:25 PM, Susanna Girl said:

This is terrific Jim!  Thank you for posting....it's so nice the show is being recognized this way.   :fireworks:   :D  :thumbsup:

loved revisiting this even though a few years old:D:D

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On September 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM, C Glide said:

The shot at the library has me wondering as well. Good Collar comes to mind but I have no idea what this is. Looks like high school or possibly college cheerleaders with pom poms. Maybe The Fix. It is a mystery to me.

This is interesting.  

MV1.jpg

Matt5 mentions "Contempt of Court" having a scene on Flagler right next to this building (Mosca walk & talk eating ice cream bar).  As that episode filmed a bunch downtown, maybe this is from a deleted scene?  Another possibility is that they mislabeled the photo and it is not from Miami Vice.

Does anybody recognize the bearded guy standing next to the camera?  He looks familiar.

21 hours ago, airtommy said:

This is interesting.  

MV1.jpg

Matt5 mentions "Contempt of Court" having a scene on Flagler right next to this building (Mosca walk & talk eating ice cream bar).  As that episode filmed a bunch downtown, maybe this is from a deleted scene?  Another possibility is that they mislabeled the photo and it is not from Miami Vice.

Does anybody recognize the bearded guy standing next to the camera?  He looks familiar.

The bearded guy I do not recognise at all- as far as I'm aware MV never shot here outside the library above street level.

As we know in  "Contempt of Court" they shot on Flagler adjacent to the library seen here but at street level in August 1987 for the Season four premiere episode . Cheerleaders just do not seem to fit in with the  "Contempt of Court" episode at all.!

Interesting shot though!:)

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...