Blackhat - Michael Mann's New Movie

sredd

This looks awesome..can't believe it's been this long for these to be a new Michael mann film

My top anticipated films of this year are 1. Blackhat

2. Interstellar

and 

3. Gone Girl.

I am stoked for this one.  I was worried Mann would make another sort of period piece.  I hope this is more in the vain of The Insider, or dare I say, Heat?!?!?!

^People in the comments were complaining about Chris Hemsworth playing a hacker lol 'cause it's unrealistic.

but Mann has always cast the pretty boys more because they look the part and their acting talent is less important. Colin Farrell, Johnny depp, William peterson, Don Johnson. Even Daniel day lewis in Last of the mohicans hes there to look cool and act non verbally, he must have like 10 lines in he whole film. etc

So in that respect he's perfect, he's the typical leading mann  :D  pun intended

Lets hope this is an impprovement over "Public Enemies" from 2009 and his "Luck " tv show in 2011-12 which was cancelled after one season

:D  :)

Hey i liked Public enemies >.< I even liked the digital cameras everyone always complain about..

and i think Luck actually was renewed for a second season but they cancelled it retroactively because some of the horses died and the network panicked and pulled the plug.. it wasn't because of low quality or low ratings..

Hey i liked Public enemies >.< I even liked the digital cameras everyone always complain about..

and i think Luck actually was renewed for a second season but they cancelled it retroactively because some of the horses died and the network panicked and pulled the plug.. it wasn't because of low quality or low ratings..

Oh really I had heard about the death of some horses - but ratings were 1.06 million for the premiere and by the 7th episode they had fallen to 474,000.

Oh really I had heard about the death of some horses - but ratings were 1.06 million for the premiere and by the 7th episode they had fallen to 474,000.

Hmm yeah not exactly "good" ratings lol..But i do remember reading it was picked up for a second season and then the animal activists piped up and it was a big controversy and stuff.

Hmm yeah not exactly "good" ratings lol..But i do remember reading it was picked up for a second season and then the animal activists piped up and it was a big controversy and stuff.

Yes I remember it was renewed - I believe on Hbo!? 

• Administrators

^People in the comments were complaining about Chris Hemsworth playing a hacker lol 'cause it's unrealistic.

but Mann has always cast the pretty boys more because they look the part and their acting talent is less important. Colin Farrell, Johnny depp, William peterson, Don Johnson. Even Daniel day lewis in Last of the mohicans hes there to look cool and act non verbally, he must have like 10 lines in he whole film. etc

So in that respect he's perfect, he's the typical leading mann  :D  pun intended

Yeah, they (the commenters) don't know anything. Most programmers and hackers aren't the stereotype nerd with glasses. 90% of them are just normal people. Chris Hemsworth is a great actor (and he's Australian :) ) He's perfect for the job, a Michael Mann film would suit him a lot. He played James Hunt perfectly in Rush too, he's a fantastic actor.

The trailer including the water and skyline shots are very similar to the 2006 Miami Vice movie  :D

Yeah, he loves his scenery shots. 

Edited by SL1DE

Yeah, they (the commenters) don't know anything. Most programmers and hackers aren't the stereotype nerd with glasses. 90% of them are just normal people. Chris Hemsworth is a great actor (and he's Australian :) ) He's perfect for the job, a Michael Mann film would suit him a lot. He played James Hunt perfectly in Rush too, he's a fantastic actor.

Yeah, he loves his scenery shots. 

Yep i loved him in Rush. I don't get the hate, Like atleast he's trying new things.

If he just did Thor and other commercial mainstream stuff then they'd have a right to complain

• 2 months later...

Judging from the comments on youtube. Everyone seems to be hating on the film already =(

I think it looks awesome but People can't get past Thor being a hacker.