Season 3 - "Shadow in The Dark"

miamijimf

Topic: shadow in the dark Posted: 09 April 2007 at 12:05amby SOFLAJEREMYEingefügtes Bild the purple blob is where the defaced street sign is the blue line is the freaky bad guy jumping out the gray line is where c parks the car but it disapears in time for the climax because it is a dream the white line is where the painted sheet was set up and the red x is where the drawing was on the street C had driven in from the west ( left in this picture ) Afterwards he went just off this picture to the north to cool off in the pool where a very scared ex freaked him out and caused him to get crazy over the case because it was happening in her neighborhood. Thats why he was so over the line.

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 10:40am by MATT5Cuban Coffee Shop Scene . The first Cafe Scene when Gilmore Comes in and gives C & T the note is at 1649 Washington Avenue , Miami Beach ( "Puerto Antonio" ) . The same cafe is seen again when C & T meet Linda Colby in a cafe scene from "Knock, Knock.....Whos There? " again from Season 3.

Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:29pm by DaytonVicerHouse broken into in the teaser appears to be 3840 Utopia Ct. in Coconut Grove. Here is the Google Maps street level picture of that house:Eingefügtes BildSomeone with the third season DVD set, please confirm this. I only saw the house for a brief moment during the investigation after the opening credits.I think the house where the intruder is caught was also Brenda’s house in Nobody Lives Forever.

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 1:56pm by Tom71Originally posted by DaytonVicer"Someone with the third season DVD set, please confirm this. I only saw the house for a brief moment during the investigation after the opening credits.I think the house where the intruder is caught was also Brenda’s house in Nobody Lives Forever."I can confirm both. Brenda´s house/the house at the end of Shadow is 3067 Jefferson Str, Coconut Grove. I thought the address of the house above was 3834 Utopia Ct (according to Soflajeremy´s post)

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 5:50pm by DaytonVicer3834 is the house next door to the one in the picture I supplied. I have only seen the teaser once, but if memory serves me correctly, the intruder only walked around outside 3834 and broke into 3840. Incidentally, I think 3834 is currently on the market for $1,350,000.

Posted: 30 July 2008 at 3:47pm by airtommyVery cool Daytonvicer, thanks for pointing this out. I've never checked these houses out before. I can see both houses on Google Street View, it's easy to match up windows, etc. For lurkers: Utopia Ct is an oval. The thief breaks into the house at the southern end of the oval. The house he first walks by ("3834" sign prominently seen) is the neighboring house to the east. 3834 was on the market, but I think it's been sold for $750,000: listing Here you can see the entrance where the thief walks up to the door and then back down the stairs: (photo removed)

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 3:58pm by Tom71yes, it´s the roof-top scene and several others, like the arrest of Lt.Gilmore (in this shot the entrance of the Standard is shown)

• 3 months later...

SOFLAJEREMY Vice Squad Detective Joined: 17 February 2005 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 1923 Topic: shadow in the dark Posted: 09 April 2007 at 6:05am the purple blob is where the defaced street sign is the blue line is the freaky bad guy jumping out the gray line is where c parks the car but it disapears in time for the climax because it is a dream the white line is where the painted sheet was set up and the red x is where the drawing was on the street C had driven in from the west ( left in this picture ) Afterwards he went just off this picture to the north to cool off in the pool where a very scared ex freaked him out and caused him to get crazy over the case because it was happening in her neighborhood. Thats why he was so over the line. JGB " if we don't have it in miami nobodies thought of it yet " IP Logged MATT5 Vice Squad Detective Joined: 14 May 2006 Online Status: Online Posts: 1847 Posted: 13 April 2007 at 4:40pm Cuban Coffee Shop Scene . The first Cafe Scene when Gilmore Comes in and gives C & T the note is at 1649 Washington Avenue , Miami Beach ( "Puerto Antonio" ) . The same cafe is seen again when C & T meet Linda Colby in a cafe scene from "Knock, Knock.....Whos There? " again from Season 3. " My Mommy and Daddy Know Me " IP Logged airtommy Vice Squad Detective Joined: 01 March 2003 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 2800 Posted: 20 January 2008 at 7:27am Puerto Antonio Washington Avenue and Lincoln Road Miami Beach, Florida link JB: "There are no insignificant MV locations." IP Logged DaytonVicer Trainee Joined: 15 May 2008 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 14 Posted: 20 June 2008 at 4:29am House broken into in the teaser appears to be 3840 Utopia Ct. in Coconut Grove. Here is the Google Maps street level picture of that house:Someone with the third season DVD set, please confirm this. I only saw the house for a brief moment during the investigation after the opening credits.I think the house where the intruder is caught was also Brenda’s house in Nobody Lives Forever. IP Logged tom71 Vice Squad Detective Joined: 01 March 2003 Location: Austria Online Status: Offline Posts: 758 Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:56pm Originally posted by DaytonVicerSomeone with the third season DVD set, please confirm this. I only saw the house for a brief moment during the investigation after the opening credits.I think the house where the intruder is caught was also Brenda’s house in Nobody Lives Forever.I can confirm both. Brenda´s house/the house at the end of Shadow is 3067 Jefferson Str, Coconut Grove. I thought the address of the house above was 3834 Utopia Ct (according to Soflajeremy´s post) IP Logged DaytonVicer Trainee Joined: 15 May 2008 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 14 Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:50pm 3834 is the house next door to the one in the picture I supplied. I have only seen the teaser once, but if memory serves me correctly, the intruder only walked around outside 3834 and broke into 3840. Incidentally, I think 3834 is currently on the market for $1,350,000. IP Logged airtommy Vice Squad Detective Joined: 01 March 2003 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 2800 Posted: 30 July 2008 at 9:47pm Very cool Daytonvicer, thanks for pointing this out. I've never checked these houses out before. I can see both houses on Google Street View, it's easy to match up windows, etc. For lurkers: Utopia Ct is an oval. The thief breaks into the house at the southern end of the oval. The house he first walks by ("3834" sign prominently seen) is the neighboring house to the east. 3834 was on the market, but I think it's been sold for $750,000: listing Here you can see the entrance where the thief walks up to the door and then back down the stairs: (click photo to enlarge) JB: "There are no insignificant MV locations." IP Logged nofretz Vice Squad Detective Joined: 03 March 2003 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 494 Posted: 07 November 2008 at 9:08pm can someone tell me what scene this hotel is from: the standard, 40 island ave., miami beach http://www.standardhotels.com/miami/ is it when they go to the old folks home on the roof? i saw this location on the .ws location map thanks! I get these occasional urges for stability in my life... IP Logged tom71 Vice Squad Detective Joined: 01 March 2003 Location: Austria Online Status: Offline Posts: 758 Posted: 07 November 2008 at 9:58pm yes, it´s the roof-top scene and several others, like the arrest of Lt.Gilmore (in this shot the entrance of the Standard is shown) IP Logged nofretz Vice Squad Detective Joined: 03 March 2003 Location: United States Online Status: Offline Posts: 494 Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:20pm thanks, tom! swanky place nowadays! I get these occasional urges for stability in my life...

• 2 months later...

I am trying to finish my blog on "Shadow in the Dark" and notice that there has been no posting on the location of the opening scene of the teaser when the bridge is raising at night and the madman is walking in the centre of the road ?Im sure this location was posted - and I see to remember its the Ocb bridge? on S2nd Ave over the Miami river or S Miami Ave? anyone help?

• 2 years later...

Thank You.

Your work is a comprehensive resource ( the most comprehensive seen ) of MV locations broken down by episode - adding the new locations found and are likely to be found:D

• 1 year later...

Quick question about the teaser opening on SW1st Bridge - Jeremy says the camera was facing west so this was looking away from Downtown ? what was that white building in the background?  :D

• 1 month later...

Great locations in this episode and houses in Coconut Grove - I visited these locations last year ,

Opening Credit House - 3840 Utopia Court , Coconut Grove  :)  :D  :done:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

• 2 years later...

Some key areas seen on the Venetian Islands later in this episode :dance2::dance2:

(1) Eastbound towards the beach on Venetian Way over East Rivo Alto Drive 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7910695,-80.1546329,3a,60y,307.51h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIlpzismxpd2ZMMRo0ruJ5g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

(2)Drive Scene on the Venetian Islands westbound on San Marino Island

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7906842,-80.1641066,3a,75y,120.31h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siHYYog6HYyQeQaYk1LaN4A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

(3) Then continuing  Westbound towards Miami on this bridge to S Venetian Way

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7927185,-80.1685435,451a,20y,120.31h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Lincoln Avenue/ Jefferson Streets ( Crockett pulls up at nite on Lincoln / dream sequence) couldn't quite pinpoint this one last time I went to Miami but after looking at Jeremy's site this is exact.:D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7354268,-80.2338117,3a,75y,43.61h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0jw3T9XVCGZamv8cBCGnxA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Edited by Matt5