Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #104 "The Lost Madonna"

Ferrariman

Begin posting

timm525

One of my favorite of the season. Great music.9 for me.

aly 7

I agree and go with a 9 also.....this is an ep. That I can watch over and over again..

Lar

This is the kind of episode that, just by the plot description, sounds awful. Stolen art? Really? But, it works. I find S5 overwhelmingly strong and this ep is no exception, it's one I've watched far more times than I would have guessed. Awesome music, too. Twist In My Sobriety is just great, and Claton's She's Waiting fits very, very well (love the way it seems like it's over at the end of the chase, and then pops up at the very end).I had a hard time deciding on a rating, but went with 8/10, only because there's a few others from the season I consider stronger and would rank 9/10.

Guest neworder

One of my favourites. An original storyline, great music, truman's score in the intro sequence was amazing, some good action, great scenery and it was quite light hearted in places, not so much as to make it stupid but enough to make it very enjoyable. It's a very pleasant episode to watch. And at-least this episode gives tubbs an excuse to wear ridiculous clothing, unlike other episodes, so he could fit in with the art community. No criticisms from me. Great episode. Not the best of season 5 mind you because Fruit of the Poison Tree is out of this world but this is certainly better than anything that Season 3 has to offer. 10/10

vicenarc

I give this episode a strong 7. I found it had somewhat of a humorous theme to it, even if unintended. A former drug family right in the middle of a stolen art racket and fiasco, along with a crooked New York detective looking to abscond with the art himself, lol.

BlackJack

Really enjoyed this episode. One of the best in Season 5. Either an 8 or 9...I'll be generous. 9/10

crowe-t

This episode was a treat to watch! It feels like 'old' Miami Vice. I even liked Truman's score in this one. Usually watching season 5 episodes has me wanting for some Jan Hammer music but in this one Truman seemed to step up to the plate and deliver.Today is the first time I've seen this episode. Of season 5, I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes and the finale back in the day and now wish I had seen this one as well. This episode is a 10/10 for me.

kentpaul

The lost MadonnaVery good one of my favorites by far the best in season 5

Matt5

Very good one of my favorites by far the best in season 5

Really good episode :thumbsup:

ViceFanMan

Really enjoy this one...another Season 5 gem! :done:The plot was interesting, and tying in drugs with stolen art was something they'd never done before! The action was good and I love how they contrasted intellectual art lovers with "locker room-mentality" gangsters--it was humorous as well as fun to watch! :) Believe it or not, some stereotypes are actually real! :pThe guest-stars in this one were superb! Michael Chiklis is a superb actor, and I've seen him in many things over the years--including his series' The Commish (1991-1996), The Shield (2002-2008), and Vegas (2012-2013) His weight seems to fluctuate and so does his hair. :D But, I loved his part of Agent Jeffrey Whitehead in this "MV" episode. Now, do I understand it correctly...was this episode his first acting appearance?Anyway, I also thought guest star Elizabeth Berridge as Julia Scianti was gorgeous and intelligent! She kind of captivated me and I wish she'd of had a more important role. :glossy: But, like most of the "hot" girls on "MV"...they usually seem to turn out to be a femme fatale. ;) Peter Dobson as Joey Scianti was hilarious and a textbook case for the stereotypical, spaghetti-for-brains Italian gangster! :) Actor Ned Eisenberg was, as usual, awesome as Sal Castelli...but he'll always be Charlie Glide to me! :D Eisenberg guest-starred many times on "MV"...probably his most famous being Charlie Glide in 2nd Season's Yankee Dollar.The music was also superb in this one...the most captivating song being She's Waiting by Eric Clapton! :radio: I liked the colors and fashion in this one too...as well as the props used for the Madonna--it actually was a beautiful piece of art (at least for a TV episode)! Loved the ending with Chiklis (Whitehead) at the cruise ship docking port--he turned out to be pretty deadly, despite being an art snob! :eek: The old lady get-up, complete with Mumu, was hilarious! :pOverall I really love this one and it's another one I look forward to when going through Season 5...I gave it a 9! :thumbsup:

Matt5

The Commish (1991-1996), The Shield (2002-2008), and Vegas (2012-2013) His weight seems to fluctuate and so does his hair. :D But, I loved his part of Agent Jeffrey Whitehead in this "MV" episode. Now, do I understand it correctly...was this episode his first acting appearance?Anyway, I also thought guest star Elizabeth Berridge as Julia Scianti was gorgeous and intelligent! She kind of captivated me and I wish she'd of had a more important role. :glossy: But, like most of the "hot" girls on "MV"...they usually seem to turn out to be a femme fatale. ;) Peter Dobson as Joey Scianti was hilarious and a textbook case for the stereotypical, spaghetti-for-brains Italian gangster! :) Actor Ned Eisenberg was, as usual, awesome as Sal Castelli...but he'll always be Charlie Glide to me! :D Eisenberg guest-starred many times on "MV"...probably his most famous being Charlie Glide in 2nd Season's Yankee Dollar.The music was also superb in this one...the most captivating song being She's Waiting by Eric Clapton! :radio: I liked the colors and fashion in this one too...as well as the props used for the Madonna--it actually was a beautiful piece of art (at least for a TV episode)! Loved the ending with Chiklis (Whitehead) at the cruise ship docking port--he turned out to be pretty deadly, despite being an art snob! :eek: The old lady get-up, complete with Mumu, was hilarious! :pOverall I really love this one and it's another one I look forward to when going through Season 5...I gave it a 9! :thumbsup:

Great review - I agree a fine episode . :thumbsup::D

MrsEvanFreed

The one when Vic Mackey runs amok in a fugly dress, was it a mumu?

Been a while since I've seen that one.

6/10

Matt5

Great episode watched again 9/10 :D  :)  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

Matt5

Looking forward to watching this episode again - very good episode indeed:thumbsup:

Matt5

This is a fantastic episode filmed in late January 1989/ early February 1989.

The supporting cast , story and locations are so good. Lots of C&T  also in good light hearted mode. :thumbsup:

10/10

Edited by Matt5

Remington

This one is basically a S2 episode with the look of S5. Thats a cool mix.

I like the plot. We hadn't seen it before.

Like the guest actors especially the actress who played Julia. She was hot. Especially at the end.

Liked the party scene. Great scenery and music.

Docking a point for Tubbs fashion in this one.

The climax was hilarious. Especially love the ending with Sigmar.

8/10

• Like 2

mirrorimageegamirorrim
2 minutes ago, Remington said:

This one is basically a S2 episode with the look of S5. Thats a cool mix.

Nice observation.  S2 is my favorite overall and this is my favorite episode from S5 and it seems now I kn ow why.  I never thought about it like this but the more I consider it the more it makes sense.  Brilliant!

• Like 1