Season 1 favorite episode?

Azure888

My favorite Season 1 episode by far is the Pilot movie.Honorable mentions go out to the "Calderone's Return" 2-parter, Evan & Lombard.

Thanks rodriguezisdead. I wonder how we'll vote this time around. Things are slightly different already - Evan got slightly higher marks than the Pilot...also the marks generally seem to be a little lower...

• 1 month later...

I love all the episodes in season one, but my favourites are Milk Run and Smugglers Blues...........trey

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The "Pilot" was superb...but you needed it to have my all-time favorite Season 1 episode/s--the 2 part "Calderone's Return" (also known as "The Hit List" and "Calderone's Demise")!"Calderone's Return" just exploded with action and music, it had a superb plot & performances by all, filming locations were awesome, fashion was cool, suspense, etc... I can watch this 2-parter over and over, and hardly ever get tired of it.Other superb and favorite episodes from seaon 1 are "No Exit," "The Great McCarthy," 2-part "Golden Triangle," "Smuggler's Blues," "The Home Invaders," "Evan," and "Lombard." :thumbsup::clap:

• 4 months later...

My T0P S1 episode definitley is Evan, one of the few that I've rated a perfect score of 10.Others faves...Calderone's Return/DemiseSmuggler's BluesMilk RunGladesPilot/Brother's KeeperCool RunningsNo ExitLittle PrinceGolden Triangle

• Like 2

These ones are MY favourite. I like ALL season 1, but these are the best!:schwitz:1 "Brother's Keeper/Pilot" 22 "Lombard" 20 "Nobody Lives Forever" 21 "Evan" 15 "Smuggler's Blues" 4 "Calderone's Return: Part 1 6 "One Eyed Jack" 7 "No Exit" 16 "Rites of Passage" 19 "The Home Invaders" 2 "Heart of Darkness" 8 "The Great McCarthy" 9 "Glades"17 "The Maze" 5 "Calderone's Return: Part 2

• 7 years later...
On 7/4/2009 at 4:02 AM, jgrob said:

No doubt. It has to be Evan.

I absolutely must concur on this one.  Not just because of how good it is, but also because of the feeling that something bigger is going on.  A chapter is closing in Sonny's life.  And at the same time a new one is beginning.  This is symbolized in the final shot.  He holds his dead old friend while his new friend (that he will move on with) touches him.  Sonny at the center of a chain.  This why I find it better to watch Evan as the season finale when viewing S1.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bren10 said:

I absolutely must concur on this one.  Not just because of how good it is, but also because of the feeling that something bigger is going on.  A chapter is closing in Sonny's life.  And at the same time a new one is beginning.  This is symbolized in the final shot.  He holds his dead old friend while his new friend (that he will move on with) touches him.  Sonny at the center of a chain.  This why I find it better to watch Evan as the season finale when viewing S1.

I love that you're reviving all these dead threads! Haha.

Personally, my favorite episode of Season 1 is probably Smuggler's Blues, I find the whole sense of adventure and the atmosphere just awesome. Evan is one of the best too, and it probably holds up the best, in terms of writing and acting. One of the best of the entire series.

• Haha 1

Smuggler's Blues! So good I named my boat after it (in the correct style and typeface of course!) 

You can see it in this video at about 1:51

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

I won't be very original but (one of) my favorite episode on season 1 is Evan ... No surprises :p

Literally every aspect of what made Miami Vice an adjective is represented in this episode. What’s not to like? :cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

Smuggler's Blues! So good I named my boat after it (in the correct style and typeface of course!) 

You can see it in this video at about 1:51

What a great video!!! Kudos ... Very professional especially with the song overdub! It looks like you enjoy the boating culture as much as I do?

Here is a short film of mine slamming in the bay by my marina. It's shot off a phone so the quality sucks but enjoy anyway.

By the way...what make is your boat? I don't recognize it or any outstanding features. Is it a European build?

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

I have to say the pilot followed by Evan and Lombard. The pilot just about fits in with the show, it nailed everything! The latter two are also well-written, you really do invest your emotions in the title characters.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 8:45 PM, Stinger390X said:

What a great video!!! Kudos ... Very professional especially with the song overdub! It looks like you enjoy the boating culture as much as I do?

Here is a short film of mine slamming in the bay by my marina. It's shot off a phone so the quality sucks but enjoy anyway.

By the way...what make is your boat? I don't recognize it or any outstanding features. Is it a European build?

MOV02777.MPG

That's kind of you, thank you! Your boat looks great - looks like you can handle it too! Curious to know what the guy in the other boat did after shouting 'hang on!' :D

My boat is a Jeanneau 805 Leader, built in France. It's more of a cruiser, definitely not a muscle boat - it'll reach about 34 knots (just under 40mph). There's a full tour of it here if you're interested: 

On 10/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bren10 said:

Great point!  "Evan" would have been the perfect season finale.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Season 1 is easily the best season of the five.  It's loaded with one classic and iconic episode after another.  

I'm going to give "No Exit" the edge as my best/favorite of S1.  I remember it so well from the fall of '84.  My first exposure to Bruce Willis and then that shocking ending. 

Edited by Jack Gretsky

• 6 months later...
On 3/4/2009 at 11:48 PM, mjcmmv said:

Season 1 favorite episodeEvan is my favorite: the characters, the story, the photograpy, especially at the end and the music-Peter Gabrielle is a favorite. I also love the Pilot, Smugglers Blues, One Eyed Jack.

Evan by far and away I agree, but Smugglers Blues was excellent as well, as was Milk Run.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

My votes go to the Pilot and Smuggler's Blues. 

Great episodes - my vote goes to Pilot and Rites of Passage also the Hit List/ Calderone’s Demise two hander that aired Fall 1984. But all are great.

Edited by Matt5