what is going on with the testa at the grove?

Kavinsky

Just looking for the article for the daytona from kitcar magazine for that guy and this showed up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjhbower/15443066319

taken October 24th 2014, so is the testa just sitting straight out in the open right now in florida? also the tow hook cap is off, like I remember seeing it in S5 in one of its few scenes there, and the wear looks pretty close to how I remember it looking in that scene with the front spoiler there.

miracle01.jpg

15443066319_196f133fa0_o.jpg

also who put one of those stupid front License plate holders on it? actually, I take that back as it looks like they might have been on it in the show?

also I found this brief shot of the TR replica they used just now

http://www.sunkingstudio.com/id14.html

Edited by Kavinsky

Just looking for the article for the daytona from kitcar magazine for that guy and this showed up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjhbower/15443066319

taken October 24th 2014, so is the testa just sitting straight out in the open right now in florida? also the tow hook cap is off, like I remember seeing it in S5 in one of its few scenes there, and the wear looks pretty close to how I remember it looking in that scene with the front spoiler there.

miracle01.jpg

15443066319_196f133fa0_o.jpg

also who put one of those stupid front License plate holders on it? actually, I take that back as it looks like they might have been on it in the show?

also I found this brief shot of the TR replica they used just now

http://www.sunkingstudio.com/id14.html

Are you saying the first Pic is of a Show Car? What made you think that?

Re the replica at Gator Kicks, it is a pretty small pic so what gave that away to you?

the only testarossa that has that lettering on it like that is the show car, down at that glades pawn shop owned by that millionare

and if you zoom in at 2046 x 1152 here you can read the lettering here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjhbower/15443066319/sizes/o/

Testarossa, 63259, Miami Vice, Reopening Fall 2014, Visit Us the grove, the lettering on the top says swap shop racing, and its infront of a swatch group store

and you can just barely see that lettering here at 2:30, audio off though

050.jpg

so I think its the same car, plus the bumper wear and the front plate holder (which I dont know why that was on there, maybe they passed a law in Miami during 87 that you needed a front plate?) lines up from the scene from Miracle man

also its kinda funny I can read the lettering on the wheels there, its the goodyears that the american ones supposedly had

although i guess Goodyear forgot that Ferrari's also had Michelins and lambos had Pirelli's, and I've been hearing alot of good stuff about those club sport Michelins that GT 86 owners have been using as of late.

and what gave the gator one away is the rims, there set inwards like on the stuntcar and not beadblasted, their polished here

1:38

MV3-STUNTFERR-1.jpg

jbkgatorkweb2.jpg

and the bodywork in the back seems unfitting, just like on the stunt car, plus the interior there, the back of the interior on a testarossa around the storage rack is flat, not angled like that

and I gotta wonder, is that the owner of the bar, or maybe, is that carl or his late brother?

Edited by Kavinsky

Kavinsky - The first link you have is of a Testarossa in the "60 Fabulous Ferraris on Rodeo Drive" show on October 12, 2014 - go through the rest of the pictures and you will see where the pictures came from.  (The message below the picture implies that it is one used in the show, but are you sure it was one of the two real TRs used in the show?)  If so, could it be the second TR of the two used in the show.  As you note, we believe that the first one is in the Mall in Florida.  Can the picture you have of the car at the bar be the stunt TR rather than one of the two real TRs used? 

I think I remember one of the two TRs being for sale in the southeast, maybe Arizona, as advertised in Hemmings - a long time ago.

not sure but the only words we have to go off of is that its got the swap shop logos on it, he says it is, the owner

and that I think that the wear on the front spoiler along with the missing tow cap matches that of it in the show, much like the slight nose damage car 4 has from that chase scene in S2 where the front left spoiler got clipped on that dip in the road

as stuff like that is hard to fake, hence why I thought maybe it was moved out of the shop and was sitting infront of it (my mistake) as I thought maybe that tag on the bottom was just put there to draw attention to it, the rodeo drive one

but this means that it might actually still be drivabe, plus I wonder if this means that this was the long shot car, not the one with the bumpers taken off for the camera equipment, as they frequently left the front spoiler off, along with the rear for that one in S4.

and they removed the dino like rear window on it, so it wouldnt make sense that that one has front spoiler wear/damage on it

and yeah that is what I was implying with the bar one, that it was the stunt TR.

and it is possible that what you saw could have been one of the TR's used in the show, as Ferrari only put that mirror on for one year, as they apparently thought that a regulation here ment that you had to be able to see all of the back end of the car from the mirror.

hence why the 288 GTO probably has those stupid mirrors on it,

800px-FerrariGTO.jpg

plus it would explain why ferrari was using flag mirrors for all of their cars back then, up until the 348.

its something that Harry Metcalf brought up here when he was looking for one

and apparently judging by the swap shop video, where it shows a black one with a red interior it already has the latter mirrors on it even though its dated as an 86', so I would imagine the one mirror ones are quite abit rarer than the others.

Edited by Kavinsky

• 1 month later...

Hi, was in Florida to visit my friends there. One day was raining so we decided to go to she swap shop and the white Ferrari testarossa is there. There is also a black one near. Thank you for sharing the location.

• 2 weeks later...