Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

Stinger-

Your data doesn't make any sense.  This car isn't even at a dealership.  It is being sold by an individual.  So what was closed on a Sunday?  And this car was not on the market  a year and a half ago at $43K.   It's only been listed for a few months.

Would you please post the ad and photos of the specific listing from a year and a half ago that you are referring to

Click on the link just above my last posting. It will go to a black Dayton parked sideways in front of the Pompano Ferrari dealer.

Click down a few pics and there will be one of a side and front with the Ferrari sign in the background. this is the add I have from over a year and half ago and the price was 43k then as I wrote it down in my database. Looks like the exact same car to me?

I could be mistaken but they sure look alike!

3 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Click on the link just above my last posting. It will go to a black Dayton parked sideways in front of the Pompano Ferrari dealer.

Click down a few pics and there will be one of a side and front with the Ferrari sign in the background. this is the add I have from over a year and half ago and the price was 43k then as I wrote it down in my database. Looks like the exact same car to me?

I could be mistaken but they sure look alike!

I don't know man.  Something still isn't adding up.  Are you referring to the Craigslist sales ad link?  That is a link I first posted here back in November (two months ago). 

Considering the fact that he has (rapidly) dropped his price 5 or 6 times from $43K in November 2016 to its current price of $29.5K in just two months,  I really doubt this car was priced at $43k a year and a half ago.  Obviously he would've been reducing the price over that long period of time as well.

It may be time for you to update the software on your data base program :)

Nothing wrong with my software!

At first I didn't recognize it until I started cruising through the rest of the pics.

When I saw the pic with the dealer name on the roof area, I said to myself I know this pic. After closer examination I realized it was the same car from almost 2 years ago! The price was 43k!!!

I now wonder if they may have had two black cars or is this thing collecting dust on the showroom floor?

Stinger, once again let me reiterate that this car is NOT for sale at a dealer (showroom floor?)....... it is for sale by an individual seller.  I have spoken/texted the seller many times.

No way this car was for sale two years ago at $43K.

I've been following the Daytona market daily since August 2013 and this car  never hit my radar

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

Another price drop.....to  $29,000

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5951751932.html

It's now or never man. Take it! Turn your dream into reality. 

As that song from Phil the Shill goes "Pick it up and put it in your pocket, or somebody else will"

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Stinger, once again let me reiterate that this car is NOT for sale at a dealer (showroom floor?)....... it is for sale by an individual seller.  I have spoken/texted the seller many times.

No way this car was for sale two years ago at $43K.

I've been following the Daytona market daily since August 2013 and this car  never hit my radar

Look at picture #8 the one with the Dealership sign in the background and the car on it's passenger side shot.

I saw that exact picture in Pompano Beach FL almost 2 years ago now and the price for a Black Daytona was 43k. I logged it and put a pushpin in my map, but labeled it as far too high for my mere empty pockets.

Is this a private guy using the dealership as a backdrop for photos?

Edited by Stinger390X

18 hours ago, Pritt said:

Buy it. Now!

Yes, the price is starting to get a bit more reasonable.  The problem is I am having a very difficult time trusting this particular seller.  He's making up all kind of excuses as to why he won't allow me to have a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) done on the car.  Obviously this is a MAJOR red flag.

He has no documentation on the car.  No past or CURRENT maintenance records etc.      He doesn't even know who built it.  He bought it sight unseen on EBAY 4 years ago (from California).

He is not diligent about returning texts or phone calls.   He has known for 3 months that I am interested in learning more about his car.   But for the past 4 weeks he would not even acknowledge the texts that I have sent him.  And over those 4 weeks he lowered the price 3 different times! 

I've bought and sold many cars over the years (some in the 6-figure U$D price ranges).  And I've run across a few guys who exhibit this type of behavior.  Most of them are just dumbasses who have no idea how to educate the potential buyer and how to properly market/sell their cars.  The others are crooks that are trying to sell pieces of junk.

Bottom line, though, is I don't buy from either dumbasses or crooks. I've given this guy plenty of opportunities to prove he is neither.  So far he is less than successful !

I wonder if that is the same car that was in Sacremento two years ago? I would never buy a car without a testdrive and I have a feeling from what you said the birdcage is probably rotten and he doesn't want you to notice it. If you don't know what a birdcage is I can explain in detail later.

I can't believe the guy sis being such a "dick"? I guess he is not EAGER to sell the car if he won't return your messages?

update:

Just checked the website again and see this car is an automatic. That Sacremento car was a 6-speed. not the same vehicle...

Edited by Stinger390X

Stinger, you are correct that this is not the Sacremento car from two years ago.  He bought it 4 years ago (in 2013).  I am aware what a birdcage is due to the fact that I also currently own a 1972 Corvette 'C3' convertible (triple black).  I bought mine just over 3 years ago.

The facts are pretty simple in my opinion.  He became acutely aware, over time,  that I am very educated on buying classic cars and that I am specifically very well informed on Daytona replica's.  He really went silent immediately after I pointed out the rear valance issue for instance.

He most likely knows that his car is in poor shape and was hoping to sell it to a buyer "sight unseen" over the internet (he too bought it sight unseen on EBAY).  I suspect this because every time I mention having someone coming over to inspect it for me he comes up with some BS reason as to why it won't work out for him.

James, this is not Arturo' car.   I've actually spoken (on the phone) with Arturo a few times.  Personally I found the guy to be quite informative and a pretty decent guy/resource.  I certainly understand that some here do not feel the same way about him.  But to be honest, in all my years of buying/selling cars for my own collection I have NEVER come across such an "unusual" group of people as the sellers of these Daytona replica's are.  These are the type of people that I find to be VERY difficult to deal with on any kind of professional basis.   So quite frankly I personally am not going to take their word that Arturo is a bad guy. 

I met Arturo in Florida a few years ago and saw one of his cars he was selling. He was pretty good with me but that particular car he was trying to sell was quite rough for my likings. He was honest with me though.

Later on he moved to PA and he contacted me a few times when he comes across a fairly good car. Two years ago he was good enough to call me and give me first dibs on a six speed black unit that truly was great, but I did not have the money then, as I spent tons of cash on my boat repairs, so I lost out on a great buy. He sold the car to an overseas buyer.

Arturo has been good with me on all occasions I have spoken with him. Once I scoped out a smashed Daytona in GA and needed a bumper but unfortunately the owner of the car got to Arturo before I could contact him and the guy in GA fixed his own car. Arturo was straight with me and confessed to the sale. It was my fault for waiting...you know " you snooze you loose"

I know Arturo had a bad rep on here by many guys as he was also a person of "altered facts" earlier on but he has changed his tune and seems a reputable seller. He comes across these cars all the time and he does call me personally to ask if I am interested. I find him a pleasant guy and have had no trouble from him. Maybe he learned his lesson way back in the days of .org? He is quite knowledgeable regarding these cars too as he has had many of them pass through his hands in his numerous transactions.

9 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

I met Arturo in Florida a few years ago and saw one of his cars he was selling. He was pretty good with me but that particular car he was trying to sell was quite rough for my likings. He was honest with me though.

Later on he moved to PA and he contacted me a few times when he comes across a fairly good car. Two years ago he was good enough to call me and give me first dibs on a six speed black unit that truly was great, but I did not have the money then, as I spent tons of cash on my boat repairs, so I lost out on a great buy. He sold the car to an overseas buyer.

Arturo has been good with me on all occasions I have spoken with him. Once I scoped out a smashed Daytona in GA and needed a bumper but unfortunately the owner of the car got to Arturo before I could contact him and the guy in GA fixed his own car. Arturo was straight with me and confessed to the sale. It was my fault for waiting...you know " you snooze you loose"

I know Arturo had a bad rep on here by many guys as he was also a person of "altered facts" earlier on but he has changed his tune and seems a reputable seller. He comes across these cars all the time and he does call me personally to ask if I am interested. I find him a pleasant guy and have had no trouble from him. Maybe he learned his lesson way back in the days of .org? He is quite knowledgeable regarding these cars too as he has had many of them pass through his hands in his numerous transactions.

I agree 100%.

Sorry guys...I will never trust any venue or any sale transaction. He has a loooooooong history (and not just from Org but also in here). Just do a search in this forum on his name or one of his frequently changed Ebay IDs he accumulated over the years. There are countless examples of fraud and misrepresentation and some of us have experienced it first hand, including false representations of provenance, bid shilling, and not the least of which is when he came into this forum hurling around petty insults to various members. Some of you apparently have short memories, or were not involved with him back then. I'd never trust him...period. You want to deal with him, be my guest. But don't try and convince the rest of us of his alleged reform.

I'm not trying to convince anybody that someone has "reformed" or not.  I am just quoting my personal experiences with the guy.  Forum users can chose to use that information or not use it.   I'll be their choice.

Let's not turn this link into an "Arturo" is good/bad link".  I'd prefer to keep it to its original objective......FINDING A (quality) FERRAR DAYTONA REPLICA

As always, all leads are appreciated

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

I am just quoting my personal experiences with the guy.  Forum users can chose to use that information or not use it.   I'll be their choice.

Which is exactly why I provided my references to personal experiences/observations so that users can have another source of information and can judge accordingly. He is still an active reseller.  

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Another price drop.....to  $29,000

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5951751932.html

Interesting car and looks to be in decent shape, at least from these photos. But without the PPI as you suggest, I'd have a hard time bidding on it as well. However, though I had mine inspected before purchase they missed a few significant and costly items as I learned later.  From the area code I recall another seller in that area...can you ID the seller?

Some interesting features, namely the Ferrari style door handles and the simulated side vent window, along with what appears to be actual moving headlight lenses ala the genuine article. ( they seem to be visible above the front bumper). Interior looks clean and is Ferrari style, vs the Vette style gauges seen in the show cars and JNs car. I don't see the red rear fender marker lights but the engine looks clean and well done in chrome. I don't see a photo of the convertible top in these pics.  From the wheel well flares this could very well be a McB body. The wheels appear to be in the standard Vette config, namely with the larger rear tires and smaller fronts giving it a kind of loaded appearance from the side, much as mine is setup. Not sure what you are referring to about the 'rear valance' though I did not see a close-up of the rear body below the bumper. All in all seems to be a fairly good value given its condition and of course if nothing major is found in inspection. If has been on the market for a long time perhaps they are motivated to deal.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Some interesting features, namely the Ferrari style door handles and the simulated side vent window, along with what appears to be actual moving headlight lenses ala the genuine article

Good eye there Sonny! I too noticed the side vent glass only after you brought it up. I wonder where that came from to match the windshield angle etc? Vettes never had "breezies"

Not a fan of the door handles however. I hate those things sticking up in the air ready to catch an unsuspecting elbow.

Edited by Stinger390X

The side vents on the windows are not real.  It is just a chrome strip to make it appear that there are the "breezies"

Check out this link for more pics of the car with the top up.  Click on where it says 'cars'.  It wont work on a cell phone though

http://www.fjsautoandmarinesalon.com/Gallery.php

The top seems to be in good shape

BTW, the rear valance is that bulky piece under the trunk area that the tailpipes stick out of.  Real Daytona's do not have that and it really ruins the lines IMO,  Think of the infamous 'In The Air Tonight' scene where the camera is focused on the rear quarter panel, wire wheels and the tailpipes.  This car does NOT have that look.

The valance was put on this particular car to hide to fuel cell (which is either the wrong size or was put on in the wrong area)

Yes I noticed the red cell. I wonder because if it possibly being oversized that he trimmed the lower rear quarters and made those flaps to hide shoddy workmanship? I wonder why he just didn't use a factory Vette tank? Is a fuel cell really necessary? I had one on my race car as it was mandatory for the track, but I find it unnecessary for the street. Even then my cell was only two gallons in my race car. That red tank looks to be about 18-20 gallons of so?

21 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Yes I noticed the red cell. I wonder because if it possibly being oversized that he trimmed the lower rear quarters and made those flaps to hide shoddy workmanship? I wonder why he just didn't use a factory Vette tank? Is a fuel cell really necessary? I had one on my race car as it was mandatory for the track, but I find it unnecessary for the street. Even then my cell was only two gallons in my race car. That red tank looks to be about 18-20 gallons of so?

Yes he did trim the rear quarters!    He sent me pics.  I think those "flaps" aka 'rear valance' is to cover up the shoddy work.  The cell is WAAAAY to big.  Not sure why these cars even need the fuel cell.  Maybe somebody like  JN can better explain that

It's been so long I forgot what a C3 fuel capacity is, but if memory serves me I think it was 15-18 gallons. I remember when I had my vette it took about 8 bucks to fill it at 32cents a gallon (sorry young folks to reminisce but YES...gas used to be under a buck at one time)

I wonder how much of the trunk floor was taken up by this fuel cell? If he had used an OEM tank he would have lots of trunkspace for suitcases, golf clubs, dead bodies etc!

Edited by Stinger390X