Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

The area between the outside of the door and the inside of the door has a big gap.  (Very similar problem to the black Daytona that Volo currently has for sale). 

Overall I like the body and look, as you say from 20' away. This car does show very well .Not sure exactly what you are referring to or in which photo about the door reveal?  Are you looking at the interior view of an open door in the area where the door is mounted to the frame?

Not sure what is going on with the headlight covers, but they seem to be missing and the housing looks to be designed for covers. Not a fan of  the single lens lights either. The trunk is unfinished which I think should be addressed for a good finish. And what are the 2 electrical devices in the trunk, one seemingly unattached, or the access panel in the center of the trunk area? Looks to be some rust on the trunk mount...not sure where else. I like the 3 panel finish behind the driver's seat to allow access to the battery. Mine is just a carpeted one panel cover.  The interior door panel covers look to be in decent shape, though what's with the holes in the instrument cluster? The seats are decent and the Ferrari logo mats add a nice touch. The seller, to his credit, points out some flaws such as on the fender flare and the canvas top. I get the sense that the seller would be upfront about other issues in a call.  I like the tonneau cover which is nicer than mine. I need to get a nice leather cover made. The LF bumper guard (rubber) looks a bit strange, and perhaps is damaged. It is a McB grill on the car. The exhaust pipes are very close to the location of that in the show car, one of the things I would change on mine. Oddly the center console is missing a radio and AC/Heat controls. Don't think I've seen that before.

But given the age of these cars, and that none of them are going to be perfect or ever match what one would ideally expect, I think a buyer just needs to go with one that seems to fit your eye (and pocketbook) the best and looks to need the least amount of updates and repairs, and then go out and get it inspected locally. Even then there are no guarantees as I learned the hard way, because these inspections often miss some significant defects.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 2 months later...

There's a black one on eBay right now.   Being sold by Volvo Auto Museum.  Has wire wheels, looks really clean.

Interior is all stock 70's Corvette, but it's tan and the seats have "Ferrari-esque" black details.

I'd post the link but I don't know how.  (My computer skills pretty much peaked with the Atari 2600.)

I've been wanting one for a long time.  I still have a 4 year old, so it's unlikely the wife would even consider it as it doesn't have a back seat.  But It seems like it could be a great base to build from.   

Is this car known to the experts on the site here?

Anyway, I'll probably have to satisfy the itch with the new 2018 Mustang convertible in black with tan interior.  It has a back seat plus there's a bit of "Bullit" cool with the Mustang.  (Less with the rag-top, but still cool.)  

Or maybe a pre-owned 2013-15 Jaguar XKR convertible in Black and Tan?  

Also thought about the last year of the Cadillac XLR-V.  Black with the light silver/tan interior.  It's Crockett and Tubbs. Frank and Dino.

I'll be buying in the Spring of 2018, so we will just have to see...

And as always, LOVE this forum!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Bigsarg said:

A new ad on eBay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Ferrari-Daytona-Replica-/202158745510?redirect=mobile

dealer claims it was built by Mcburnie. I’d like to see him prove that. It’s not even a Mcburnie body. 

Your right. The flares are all wrong and the headlights too. Definitely not McB. Might be a Rowley?

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, Pritt said:

That is an interesting car. Has anyone noticed it has "Breezies" on the doors? Those vent windows were never on a C3 chassis. He has really tried to make this into a good copy!

Edited by Stinger390X

14 hours ago, Pritt said:

Stinger, the first picture shows a real Ferrari 365 GTS. 

Ok then...I had clicked on every link and had them all open at once. I was clicking back and forth and must have got mixed up looking at all the cars.

I did know that the actual real Daytona had breezies as a C3 has a solid glass window that follows the windshield/roofline.

• 1 month later...

Well as many of you here know I have been searching for a Daytona for about a decade now and have seen a lot of junk. I have also chased many unscrupulous vendors who advertise cars in three different states with three different prices for exact same vehicle!

I have chased a blue one, as well as two different black ones and red and a yellow model as well. One of the black cars was located in Croatia but advertised in OR and WA, and the guy had a MN phone number...yeh right! The blue one was advertised in FL, VT and MA all at the same time for three different prices!

My frustration is through the roof considering I have been really looking but you have to sadly weed out a lot of a$$holes!

I think I finally found one I may possibly buy if the guy is for real. He sent me an email today in replay to my request and a bunch of pictures. The car needs lots of work which I am willing to do! Hopefully I can be in the Daytona owners club soon.

Wish me luck.....

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

Well as many of you here know I have been searching for a Daytona for about a decade now and have seen a lot of junk. I have also chased many unscrupulous vendors who advertise cars in three different states with three different prices for exact same vehicle!

I have chased a blue one, as well as two different black ones and red and a yellow model as well. One of the black cars was located in Croatia but advertised in OR and WA, and the guy had a MN phone number...yeh right! The blue one was advertised in FL, VT and MA all at the same time for three different prices!

My frustration is through the roof considering I have been really looking but you have to sadly weed out a lot of a$$holes!

I think I finally found one I may possibly buy if the guy is for real. He sent me an email today in replay to my request and a bunch of pictures. The car needs lots of work which I am willing to do! Hopefully I can be in the Daytona owners club soon.

Wish me luck.....

Is it this one? :) 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122990716998

No Dadrian it's not that one. The one I'm looking at is complete and driveable, however it does need some work and of course a complete colour change to black.

4 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

No Dadrian it's not that one. The one I'm looking at is complete and driveable, however it does need some work and of course a complete colour change to black.

Awesome! Congrats and best wishes. 

I was TOTALLY joking about the link I posted, btw. That’s one of the more terrible ones I’ve ever seen—maybe the most terrible one. :):):) 

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome! Congrats and best wishes. 

I was TOTALLY joking about the link I posted, btw. That’s one of the more terrible ones I’ve ever seen—maybe the most terrible one. :):):) 

Believe me ... I have seen worst and they wanted a bag of money for them!

I remember I looked at a light yellow (almost beige) one and it had no convertible top, no wipers or ww motor and the trunk didn't even have a striker plate and I asked the guy what happened when he crossed a bump like RR tracks for example and his answer was the trunk was heavy enough to stay closed!!!!!! It also had no rear bumpers which in Ontario would NEVER pass a safety certificate and the guy was still asking 30k!

Looking at that red one you posted it would need tons of work!

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

Can you post the link for the car you're interested in? 

Not right now as I don't want anyone cutting my grass. If I decide NOT to buy it, then I will post.

I'm waiting for the guy to get back to me via email as we exchanged emails yesterday so I am waiting for a reply.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Wow that is one badass ugly vehicle!!!!    :(

Look at that aweful set of rear bumpers. The headlights are wrong too and I would stay away from anything vacuum operated as they are just a problem waiting to happen. I wonder if this is a "Rowley" car or a "Markarian" mold with those funky headlights????

The wheels are nothing to write home about however the paint looks OK and I like the dash and the only draw I have to it is that it is a four speed.

I would never pay 40k for a car this off!

The car I am dealing with presently is an automatic but I am already sourcing a 6 speed and bell housing from some of the local wreckers to change it over if the deal goes through.

Dadrian...I knew I had seen that ugly car before so I checked my puter file that I have been keeping for over a decade now and low and behold I had recorded that car for sale in Brooklyn over three years ago and I even had the same phone number the guy listed in my file!  His handle was "noboat2013" when I fist recorded the find , so it has not changed over the years and is definitely the same guy.

So I guess that car has been for sale for quite some time? His last asking price three years ago when I first listed it was 22k and now he is asking 40k!?!?!

Just wanted to give you a heads up on what I discovered.

Definitely not as I am not aware that McB ever made single square headlight front ends? I could be wrong on this and we might consult some of the experts on the site to confirm this. As I said before it might be a Markadian or Rowley and off the top of my head right now I cannot remember the other moldmakes name??? I knew there were four or five builders of these Daytona's however the McB's were the finest of them all.

• Thanks 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Stinger390X:

Definitely not as I am not aware that McB ever made single square headlight front ends? I could be wrong on this and we might consult some of the experts on the site to confirm this. As I said before it might be a Markadian or Rowley and off the top of my head right now I cannot remember the other moldmakes name??? I knew there were four or five builders of these Daytona's however the McB's were the finest of them all.

This car will be a late McBurnie. I think, McB was the only one who produced this "one eyed" headlights. Tom McBurnie designed and built the Daytona for Albert Mardikian (Trend Imports), So, a Mardikian and a McB are both the same cars. The Rowley GTC would have other front fender flares and the rear ones are narrower. I would say, all in all its a nice made McBurnie, if you like the Ferrari look a like interior. Exept the headlights, they are aweful.

Stinger, whats wrong with the rear bumpers in your mind?

Edited by Pritt

Yes agree with @Pritt that this is likely a McBurnie. From the thread below I recall JN mentioning that later McB cars went to single lens headlights, though mine is one of the later ones and mine is the dual lens.My car also has the vacuum operated headlight doors and mine was built in 1988, after this car apparently.

Fender flares width line up so this is not a Rowley, though cannot rule out it being a Roberts car either without seeing the panel area behind the seats. As Stinger points out the rear bumpers appear to protrude a bit further from the body. Faux Ferrari interior as well, and is more detailed on the dash than mine.  

Edited by Sonny-Burnett