Mvice8489

Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489
11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Beautiful from 20 feet away!  Great wheels.    The interior is a mess, though.   Looks like it was cheaply built.   The area between the outside of the door and the inside of the door has a big gap.  (Very similar problem to the black Daytona that Volo currently has for sale).  

Both cars look pretty good from a distance.  But once you are standing right next to them the cars are a mess

• Like 1

Sonny-Burnett
1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

The area between the outside of the door and the inside of the door has a big gap.  (Very similar problem to the black Daytona that Volo currently has for sale). 

Overall I like the body and look, as you say from 20' away. This car does show very well .Not sure exactly what you are referring to or in which photo about the door reveal?  Are you looking at the interior view of an open door in the area where the door is mounted to the frame?

Not sure what is going on with the headlight covers, but they seem to be missing and the housing looks to be designed for covers. Not a fan of  the single lens lights either. The trunk is unfinished which I think should be addressed for a good finish. And what are the 2 electrical devices in the trunk, one seemingly unattached, or the access panel in the center of the trunk area? Looks to be some rust on the trunk mount...not sure where else. I like the 3 panel finish behind the driver's seat to allow access to the battery. Mine is just a carpeted one panel cover.  The interior door panel covers look to be in decent shape, though what's with the holes in the instrument cluster? The seats are decent and the Ferrari logo mats add a nice touch. The seller, to his credit, points out some flaws such as on the fender flare and the canvas top. I get the sense that the seller would be upfront about other issues in a call.  I like the tonneau cover which is nicer than mine. I need to get a nice leather cover made. The LF bumper guard (rubber) looks a bit strange, and perhaps is damaged. It is a McB grill on the car. The exhaust pipes are very close to the location of that in the show car, one of the things I would change on mine. Oddly the center console is missing a radio and AC/Heat controls. Don't think I've seen that before.

But given the age of these cars, and that none of them are going to be perfect or ever match what one would ideally expect, I think a buyer just needs to go with one that seems to fit your eye (and pocketbook) the best and looks to need the least amount of updates and repairs, and then go out and get it inspected locally. Even then there are no guarantees as I learned the hard way, because these inspections often miss some significant defects.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Marco Falcone

There's a black one on eBay right now.   Being sold by Volvo Auto Museum.  Has wire wheels, looks really clean.

Interior is all stock 70's Corvette, but it's tan and the seats have "Ferrari-esque" black details.

I'd post the link but I don't know how.  (My computer skills pretty much peaked with the Atari 2600.)

I've been wanting one for a long time.  I still have a 4 year old, so it's unlikely the wife would even consider it as it doesn't have a back seat.  But It seems like it could be a great base to build from.   

Is this car known to the experts on the site here?

Anyway, I'll probably have to satisfy the itch with the new 2018 Mustang convertible in black with tan interior.  It has a back seat plus there's a bit of "Bullit" cool with the Mustang.  (Less with the rag-top, but still cool.)  

Or maybe a pre-owned 2013-15 Jaguar XKR convertible in Black and Tan?  

Also thought about the last year of the Cadillac XLR-V.  Black with the light silver/tan interior.  It's Crockett and Tubbs. Frank and Dino.

I'll be buying in the Spring of 2018, so we will just have to see...

And as always, LOVE this forum!

Dadrian

Yeah, we’ve heard of that @volobrian guy here :p