Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

This is an excellent example of a Rowley turn-key (His best cars were built by Mike Sturtevant). Price is very good, as well. Those were all quality builds with many finishing touches. My hood insulation, trunk liner, and some of my interior trim are from Rowley. Quality parts.

Thanks for the lead, Pritt and please keep them coming.   It is an amazingly beautiful car!   (Hasn't this car been on the market for awhile, though?)

Anyway, if a guy is seeking a 'Daytona looking' car that sure is it.  The wheels, seats, and stance are perfect.  And 500 HP with a 5 speed tranny in addition to AC, PB, PW.... Wow!!!   A lotta car for the money :)        Good chance I will be calling this guy if I don't get my MV Daytona found very soon.  Thanks again and I'll let u know what I find out.

Thanks for the lead, Pritt and please keep them coming.   It is an amazingly beautiful car!   (Hasn't this car been on the market for awhile, though?)

Anyway, if a guy is seeking a 'Daytona looking' car that sure is it.  The wheels, seats, and stance are perfect.  And 500 HP with a 5 speed tranny in addition to AC, PB, PW.... Wow!!!   A lotta car for the money :)        Good chance I will be calling this guy if I don't get my MV Daytona found very soon.  Thanks again and I'll let u know what I find out.

Hmm I wonder what the story is with the front end there, that splinter hanging down, did Rowley add that to some of the cars?

This is a side yoke

gallery_2717_20_3583.jpggallery_2717_20_81847.jpg

If they match not perfectly (uncorrect travel room), the car can oversteering when you make fast moves. So that's dangerous. It feels like a self-steered rear axle. It's a weak point of the C3 Corvette.

*also you might be able to upgrade the brakes fairly cheaply with something called EBC yellowstuff brake pads if they need further work*

The brakecaliper was leaking. Thats an other weak point of the C3, if the car stands arround for a long time.

My cooling System is fitted by one electric fan. Sometimes i have some little spots of cooling water under the car. Not really much. The radiator is leaking a little sometimes. My Daytona has never overheated so far...

The turn signals from the rover will not fit. And hey, this turn signals are the eye-catcher at the Daytona. So there should not be tinkered.

I hope that Google has translated well :D

Hmm I wonder if that Side Yoke thing is also something that effects other cars as well, such as this car, or truck rather

and with the water that might be the air con drip off, the condensation from it

@ Kavinsky

You are on the wrong place Kavinsky. Take a look to my pic again. The side yokes goes from the differential housing to the wheels.

Here you can see the uncorrect travel room (hope you can understand travel room???) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6o2wbKeRxw

The travel room in this vid is to big. Imagine yourself - if the cars back is jacked up (the wheels above the ground), so you can lift the wheel about 2 inches. Like i wrote that is dangerous in rapid steering movements.

@Mvice8489

You're welcome. This car looks really very nice. For my taste are the Rowley's more beautiful than the MCBs (just my two cents). It's one of the most beautiful Daytonas i ever saw (except my Daytona :D)

I never found this car on the market before. Be care with this offer - is it to good to be true??? So check it well. Good luck.

Edited by Pritt

ah, nah I thought maybe it could have been related to how badly that truck was handling, plus caltrax bars are a very popular item to remove the play in the rear axels on live axel cars and muscle cars in general.

and I see so basically if theres an unstability in the road it puts like 2 inches of travel room for it to go abit all over the place.

Edited by Kavinsky

Here's your chance to buy a really cool Daytona.

First owner, no miles, McBurnie turnkey built - hey, this car is like new (OK, never forget the words of Stinger390X, post nr. 9 in this thread)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Daytona-Spyder-365-GTB-/111694256650?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a017f1a0a&item=111694256650

This car needs two showers, the first with water and the second with black paint and you will get a beautiful Daytona.

I do not know how much will be the reserved price... The one-eyed headlights i dont't like very much. But this would be a really good oppurtunitiy.

Hey Pitt, thanks again for another lead !    I am looking, though, for something I can just put the key in and drive away (vs a car that has been sitting for 20 years).  I just don't have the time for maintenance or restoration issues as I'm too busy.   I am working on something but please keep the leads coming in the meantime.   Thanks

• 1 month later...

The closest you will find is the one jurassic narc is selling.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/11882-collection-being-sold

James-

Thanks for posting this.  I've actually been talking to JN the past couple of months about his car.  He is a GREAT guy and has the same passion as I do for both the MV TV show and car.  I could literally talk to him ALL DAY LONG :)   Selling his car was a very difficult decision but he feels it is time to enter the next stage of his life.  I fully respect that.  I have read all of his posts about building/creating his car and I probably would've done at least 90% of what he did if I was going to build a MV Daytona. 

It doesn't look like he listed a asking price so I will not (and would not) mention specific dollar figures.  Unfortunately we are a bit apart on price.  As I mentioned in my original post I just (13 months ago) bought a '72 triple black/ Vette convertible with wire wheels that actually somewhat resembles the MV car.   If I didn't have that car I'd buy his today closer to his asking price. 

My concern is if I do NOT buy this car I will regret it for the rest of my life:)   I am a HUGE Porsche fan/collector and passed (twice) on a car a year or so ago that I've  kicked myself in the ass for every day since.  My problem is that while I DO KNOW the correct price for a collector Porsche.....that I do NOT know what a fair/correct price should be on JN's car.   It is such a niche market.  While we on the Vice forums may love these cars....let's face it....the resale market for them is very very minimal.

Anyway, I hope to talk to JN more soon.    He knows that I am a HUGE 'Vice fan and would be honored to be a steward of his fine automobile. 

Jurassic's car is actually very fairly priced for what it is. If I hadn't pulled the trigger and started my build from scratch, I would have bought it, no question. Still might, actually, depending on how my build goes as I have noticed that everything that has 'Ferrari' on it seems to be an open invitation for lubeless sodomy. The Carello sidelight lenses themselves cost me a princely sum.

The fact is, a quality McBurnie build, with an excellent donor car and quality original Ferrari parts and materials will cost big bucks. To put it into perspective, by the time I've finished my build I could have bought a used Aston DB9 or a Ferrari F430 or 360 Modena Spider. Am I nuts? Probably, but ask yourself a question: "What price dreams?". By the time I'm done, I would have fulfilled a 30 year old dream and for me, that's priceless. Forget residuals and resell values. This is something that goes beyond the intellectual and appeals to the emotional. The visceral. That's why we want these cars. I really hope JN reconsiders selling his car as it represents much more than the sum of its parts. It's an icon. And if he doesn't, I'm going to crunch some figures and see if I can acquire it. A man can never have too many Daytonas.

Edited by C.T.

its kinda funny actually, I literally got a fortune cookie awhile back that read the following: Your Dreams are never silly, depend on them to guide you and that's the way I look at these things.

Edited by Kavinsky

its kinda funny actually, I literally got a fortune cookie awhile back that read the following: Your Dreams are never silly, depend on them to guide you and that's the way I look at these things.

When we are young, we have dreams.  We work to achieve, and then we do our best to fulfill our dreams.  And they are dreams, they are not reality.  When you decide the dreams you are willing to work toward, you need to remember that life is short.  You wait too long to pull the trigger, and your dreams never reach any form of reality.  In my case it was the car, and I fulfilled my dream.  One day the right person will step up and buy my car to fulfill their own dream.  And that person will drive around with a smile, like I did listening to "In The Air Tonight".  Some people's dream may be the clothing (I'm thinking of C&B who has more vice clothing than anyone I've ever heard of), some have the Bren Ten, and others have collections of pictures or other memorabilia.

Dying with the most toys is not winning...dying with your dreams fulfilled is.  Start small (I started with pictures of the cars and research) and then get focused on what you want (realistically within your budget).  As Joe Dirt said "Life is a garden.  Dig it!"

• Like 1

Dying with the most toys is not winning...dying with your dreams fulfilled is.

As Joe Dirt said "Life is a garden.  Dig it!"

So well said JN!!!

• 4 weeks later...

There is a relist of a nice looking red Daytona on Ebay.  After doing some research.....It has a 3.5 Rover v8. 150HP max.  Thats no bueno.

There is a relist of a nice looking red Daytona on Ebay.  After doing some research.....It has a 3.5 Rover v8. 150HP max.  Thats no bueno.

I assume you are talking about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-California-Daytona-Spyder-Convertible-/181836543437?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a564d75cd&item=181836543437

Wrong color for me and overpriced if only 150 HP.    That car would look cool in yellow, BTW

Thanks for bringing it up, though. 

Right Mvice8489. This car looks like a kind of a comics car.

This is a nice Daytona in yellow, actually on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Other-Daytona-/361371500287?forcerrptr=true&hash=item54236b7eff&item=361371500287

This replica is very close to the original Ferrari 365GTS/4.

But i thougt, your are searchig for a MV-like car?

Pritt, I am not buying this car.   I just happened to come across it late on Saturday evening (after a few beers I might add:))

I do like the seats, color combo, and tailpipes.....but many other things are wrong with it obviously (front grill, door handles, etc)

I had been looking for a MV car but, after almost two years searching for a good one, that dream seems to be fading away :( 

Pritt, I am not buying this car.   I just happened to come across it late on Saturday evening (after a few beers I might add:))

I do like the seats, color combo, and tailpipes.....but many other things are wrong with it obviously (front grill, door handles, etc)

I had been looking for a MV car but, after almost two years searching for a good one, that dream seems to be fading away :( 

Mvice8489, but you are still searching a Daytona?

I searched over 8 years!

Would like to drink some beers with you and watching the Daytonas standing side by side. Unfortunately, you don't live just around the corner (and you still have no Daytona).

Keep on searching, don't give up. Good luck.

Edited by Pritt

lear60man, on 19 Aug 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:snapback.png

I assume you are talking about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/...em=181836543437

Wrong color for me and overpriced if only 150 HP.    That car would look cool in yellow, BTW

Thanks for bringing it up, though. 

I think, lear60man saw this car: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Other/221863742521?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D32831%26meid%3D1ff2b9511107490c89cc3267855c5c32%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D181836543437

Very nice car, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Mvice8489, but you are still searching a Daytona?

I searched over 8 years!

Would like to drink some beers with you and watching the Daytonas standing side by side. Unfortunately, you don't live just around the corner (and you still have no Daytona).

Keep on searching, don't give up. Good luck.

Thanks for the kind words.   And believe me, I'd love to drink some beers with you with our Daytona's side by side!   Anyway, I haven't yet given up.  If the perfect MV car ever came along my checkbook is 100% loaded and ready to go!!   So if u get any leads please keep 'em coming.  Thanks  :)