Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:44 AM, Pritt said:

...but we all know the seller... :evil:

Um, yes we do, unfortunately. And notice how the defects (at least the ones he's willing to admit) that appear in the Ebay listing don't appear in the UK car advert? And nothing supports that this is a McB either, as I see Rowley components. And the dash and center console are not too attractive imo.  

Well that Panama FL car needs to be taken off the frame, the frame sandblasted, and all the bushings replaced for the sway bars, suspension and body mounts as they all look dry?

That is a 40-55 hr restoration job at door rate of say...65 bucks (that's on the low side) so say we are looking at 3250 plus materials that is about four grand to see it right again.

I hope whoever buys it is handy with good skillsets and has a good toolbox?

Edited by Stinger390X

• 1 month later...

I don't like the front lights and the really fat front wheels (see pic3). Well, all things that can be changed.

CameraDaytona, sorry, i mean the front fender flares aren't typical McB. They are similar cut off as on my car.

s-l1600.jpg

MyDaytona11.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Pritt

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:53 AM, Pritt said:

Arrrgh  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Other-Convertible-/222069322149?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33b45cf1a5:g:fM8AAOSwZtJW-1pI&item=222069322149

What you guys think about the front fenders. Not typical McB. Like the ones on my car. Is my car maybe a McB too. I don't know...

There are a lot of similarities with my car in this one, including the drop down headlight covers, the rounded custom made instrument cowl over the steering wheel (though this one is more Vette styled with the center gauge cluster), the interior door panels, the convertible top housing area, the McB grill, McBurnie raised logo under the hood, and some other things.

Hard to say about the width of the wheel well covers on the fenders, but appears to be wider (to me) than those of some other replica makers.

And what is with the width of the front tires? They look fairly normal in size and yet they protrude from the wheel well. I'm guessing it has to do with the hub mounts, rather than tire width.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that (saved eBay search :))

i too don't like the interior color, but the body looks really nice compared to some other recent auctions. 

3 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

I remember seeing one of these before, its a corvette base but the windshield is off of a TR7,

the great british failure apparently, as its one of the key cars blamed for BMC's failure I think

and the body is specially made for that car I think, but it does look similar to one of the jaguar based replicas

On 3/30/2016 at 5:53 AM, Pritt said:

Arrrgh  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Other-Convertible-/222069322149?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33b45cf1a5:g:fM8AAOSwZtJW-1pI&item=222069322149

What you guys think about the front fenders. Not typical McB. Like the ones on my car. Is my car maybe a McB too. I don't know...

man that is a beautiful car though, hell the only thing that seems off is the steering wheel really.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:53 AM, Pritt said:

Looks like it is back on the market $3K less expensive this time  ($36,900  USD). 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Other-Convertible-/222106355287?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33b6920657:g:YiUAAOSwJQdW-1hA&item=222106355287

I actually like how wide the tires look. Looks more "aggressive" IMO.   Crockett's car had wide looking tires on several episodes. 

Did we figure out if anybody here has ever seen this car in person??

https://www.facebook.com/thunder.ranch.71?fref=ts  Scroll down a little bit.

This metallic blue Daytona looks really well made. The seller is a car enthusiast and i think, that he gave the right attention to his Daytona. But like i wrote, i don't like the front lights and the to big front wheels.

All in all, i think, the offer is fair. Are you interessted?

Edited by Pritt

I don't understand the Facebook thing.  Who's FB page is it?  And what does Thunder Ranch have to do with McBurnie?   I thought Thunder Ranch built Porsche replicas such as the 550 and 356

Tom Mc Burnie is the former and owner of ThunderRanch.

With the FB link i will show you a discussion between the seller of the blue Daytona and an other guy. I'm not sure, if you can read this discussion without FB-Profile

I am not on FB but my wife is.  We went to Mc Burnie's website but could not find the discussion that you are referring to 

Thanks Pritt.   I saw that one earlier this week.  Not a huge fan of the interior.  BigSarg contacted the owner and supposedly the owner "can't determine" if it is even a McBurnie.

By the way, could you help me find that conversation on FB about the blue Daytona?  I am lost and just can't seem to find it.

Thanks ALWAYS for all you do! 

Mvice8489, you got pm.

I'm no sure, if the actual e-bay car is a McBurnie. It could be a california custom coach ccc. The extrem wide rear fender flares are typical for ccc.

Edited by Pritt

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

Here is a red Rowley on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-/222145270529?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33b8e3d301:g:5wkAAOSwQupXVw1X&item=222145270529

I'm not sure if it has been posted and discussed previousy

I missed this one somehow. Thanks! A lot of things I like on that one, but the back seems a little high from the side view of the passenger side, but not at all on the driver side. Idk. Maybe just the way it's parked. 

Edited by nofretz

It's only a bid but reserve not met.

I wonder about the rear flares??? The tires are very small and don't fill the wheel wells very well. I actually hate the wheels and it needs tru-spokes. (just my two cents)

I do like the headlights and the front end looks ok but a bit high in suspension?